Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Empty
PostSubject: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 am

Today I have started to tell the story of Emma's sickness. It is on my diary of the Pigeon Tales

I can tell you that is was truly scary and I was in panic because at that point of time I knew very few about the diseases, their symptoms and their treatment. For over a year (since March 2008) everything went totally okay. "Our" pijjies all survived a very long and hard winter without any problems at all, although only Emma and Pete were actually sleeping on our balcony at that time. Emma and Pete's 4 babies, who hatched last spring and summer, are still around, 2 of them even breeding with one another on our balcony as well now since this spring, never had any problems at all.

We also helped the flock, that is around here and counts approx. 15 - 20 pijjies, to survive by providing food and water through the whole winter, which was really cold. Sometimes the water was frozen after 2 hours so I had to re-new. Sometimes we had about 18 pijjies on our balcony. They all knew where to get something to eat and we still see them around here - thank heaven not all at once because otherwise my neighbours would have probably protested already. I cannot identify all of them of course but the greater part. And I can tell you, that we see the same birds since much more than a year now.

So the incident with our little Randy, who died in a very cold night ,when Emma had to make the decision whom to warm properly, was really bad luck and at that point of time I did not have the idea to get them inside. Stupid me!!! I just DON'T get it . And 1 1/2 weeks later we lost our Wally as well, because he fell from the platform in front of his nest. Again I just DON'T get it stupid me and I will never forgive me for this, because I could have avoided this. Wally was lonely, a very sad little baby because he was alone. So he probably was overcurious and stepped from the platform and fell. I was so sad and so furious about myself.

Now I am over-anxious of course and very nervous when something doesn't seem to be right and when Emma started to "caugh" my panic began. But I can tell you before, there is a happy ending to Emma's story... Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:21 am

Many Thanks for sharing Emma's story with us, Petra.
She and Pete are a beautiful couple.

It's funny, I have a picture of Frank and Jesse in nearly the same pose as Emma and Pete. Smile
Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms We_did10
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 am

What a story and I'm very interested in how the visit to the vet went....the particulars of catching her and all.
I wish we had know you then. I think we would have been helpful.

Regarding the frozen water, I have a bird bath warmer that keeps the water from freezing. It's small...about the size of a salad plate and it plugs into an electrical outlet. Farmers have larger versions to keep water from freezing too. Anyway, they aren't very expensive and they are such a good thing to have. The water never gets warm, it just keeps it above the freezing level. I'll bet you will be able to find one there.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:09 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Many Thanks for sharing Emma's story with us, Petra.
She and Pete are a beautiful couple.

It's funny, I have a picture of Frank and Jesse in nearly the same pose as Emma and Pete. Smile
Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms We_did10

This is really sweet and the most astonishing fact that they look nearly the same as "our" couple here. Very funny indeed I love it/them
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 am

Matilda wrote:
What a story and I'm very interested in how the visit to the vet went....the particulars of catching her and all.
I wish we had know you then. I think we would have been helpful.

Regarding the frozen water, I have a bird bath warmer that keeps the water from freezing. It's small...about the size of a salad plate and it plugs into an electrical outlet. Farmers have larger versions to keep water from freezing too. Anyway, they aren't very expensive and they are such a good thing to have. The water never gets warm, it just keeps it above the freezing level. I'll bet you will be able to find one there.

Thank you Charis - this is a great idea Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms 116281. There must be a possibility to get one with rechargable batteries because I have no access to electricity on my balcony without leaving the door open which of course wouldn't be so much applicable with temperatures below -10° C - YUK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms   Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emma's sickness story - the Symptoms
Page 1 of 1