Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Jimi making strange noises

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Jimi making strange noises Empty
PostSubject: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 am

Two days ago I made this video from Jimi, after I had him hospitalized in his new box. I assume these are noises of fear but does anyone know for sure? I have never heard another pigeon make noises like these - it sound like teeth chattering to me. You will have to open sound fully in order to hear it. It starts at about 20 sec. Don't get irritated by the noises the camera makes and the background noises...

In the meanwhile he does not make these noises any more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 am

I don't believe I've ever heard a pigeon make that kind of noise either, Petra. Jimi making strange noises Confused
Or seen a pigeon's throat quiver like Jimi's did. Jimi making strange noises 106767

It's great that you got the video of it. Jimi making strange noises 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:25 am

One of the symptoms of PMV is that their woice change or completely disapears. It looks that this is what it is left of Jimi's coing, but it will pass as he recovers.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 am

plamenh wrote:
One of the symptoms of PMV is that their woice change or completely disapears. It looks that this is what it is left of Jimi's coing, but it will pass as he recovers.

Plamenh, this is what I noticed with Willy before I could catch him. His voice became more and more subdued until it was just a tiny sound - was very sad to hear. In the meanwhile he has found his voice nearly fully again. It's such a relief to hear him again singing I love it/them

Pina's voice is also back again! Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:01 pm

In many aspects PMV is like bad flu in humans. High fever, thirst, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, loss of appetite, lameness etc.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Plamenh, did you realize that pijjies with PMV have fever? Maybe this explains the "teeth chattering" of Jimi and the increased need for warmth Jimi making strange noises 106767
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm

plamenh wrote:

One of the symptoms of PMV is that their woice change or completely disapears.

It looks that this is what it is left of Jimi's coing, but it will pass as he recovers.

Jimi making strange noises 764214 I didn't know that. Would this be an unusual PMV symptom? I just don't recall reading about it being one of the common symptoms.
It would be interesting to know if any else who has had PMV birds experienced the change in voice or loss of voice completely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes, and high fever can cause brain damage in humans too, as well as loss of balance. I often try to find similarities in symptoms of illness in birds and humans to be able to understand their needs and what will bring relief in certain conditions.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
plamenh wrote:

One of the symptoms of PMV is that their woice change or completely disapears.

It looks that this is what it is left of Jimi's coing, but it will pass as he recovers.

Jimi making strange noises 764214 I didn't know that. Would this be an unusual PMV symptom? I just don't recall reading about it being one of the common symptoms.
It would be interesting to know if any else who has had PMV birds experienced the change in voice or loss of voice completely.

This one is often overlooked and it starts after initial sneezing. Maybe even I didn't mentioned it when listing all the possible symptoms. (i'll check and correct it)
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 pm

That is a very unusual sound! They make some odd little noises one can hardly hear, but that's a new one on me.

The loss of voice is interesting. Can't say I've had a PMV bird in who I knew before the illness, as they came straight in off the street or the balcony. I can only say all, as I recall, were initially silent - but not knowing how vocal they were before it's just a Question

The majority I found or brought here for quarantine turned out to be hens, and most of our hens are pretty quiet anyway. Sweetie was a mystery till she went to the aviary, found a mate and laid eggs - after I had her a couple of weeks she was much better and stood on a brick crowing very proudly Smile Puffin, a male, was very vocal after a few days, specially when trying to tear my fingers off (and he still does). Sleepy was silent and to this day I've not heard a sound from him, over a year later.

Guess the fever and brain inflammation are tied together, Plamenh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimi making strange noises   Jimi making strange noises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimi making strange noises
Page 1 of 1