Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Dealing with stress in birds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Dealing with stress in birds Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with stress in birds   Dealing with stress in birds Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Article about stress in birds and what can cause it. Even a seemingly small change, can be very stressful for a bird. Because birds are masters at pretending they are OK, until they can't pretend any longer...this atricle is a valuable read.
While this article is geared toward parrots, it does transfer to Pigeons and Doves...it really is about all birds and how we can better understand them.

http://www.vetpets.net/animaltimes/stressinbirds.html
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Dealing with stress in birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dealing with stress in birds   Dealing with stress in birds Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 pm

I just found this. Good article. Thanks for posting it. It mentions a lot of things that people may not even think of. Like the light factor, or when they have it dark for sleep. This I have to admit that I am not good about. I spend a lot of time with them, and have so much to do when I get home, that I often keep them up later than they should be. I'm going to watch that, and make a time for lights out, and stick with it. I'll just have to plan my time better. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down

Dealing with stress in birds
Page 1 of 1