Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Squeaker moved in with us!!!

Go down 
+5
plamenh
Matilda
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Squeaker moved in with us!!! Empty
PostSubject: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Would you believe it, I have a new house guest!
Pretty, a gorgeous little squeaker about 4 or 5 weeks old has been following Grumpy and mate into the veranda during the day (she must be their daughter), to eat and lounge about in the 'guestroom' cage there.
This is an older photo of Grumpy in the veranda, under the watchful eye of Lawrence, as I daren't take a photo now and startle the youngster:

Squeaker moved in with us!!! DSCNB1502-r

As it was getting darker today I noticed that Pretty had made herself cosy on the landing board, but I thought she would take off, either before it got dark or when the rain stopped. Well, she didn't! She got into the cage and stayed there!

Which means I can't close the window at the end (Brrrr) because if she panics and her exit is barred she would be easy prey for the cats. So the rain and the cold are coming in Having a bad day and we have to tiptoe with the lights off! That's too funny
But we're thrilled to bits! Tickled Pink Thrilled
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh my goodness! What a little character. :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:18 pm

How exciting! YESS!! Guess she knew where the best spot to be is. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:18 pm

How exciting...pictures when you can...please. Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 am

She's still there, bless her! She stayed the whole night! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 am

Bless her little birdie heart. She knows where she can be safe. Wink
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:20 am

If Grumpy and mate are planning new round of eggs, her place is not with them. I guess she was instucted to stay as the place is safe and people are well, part of the family. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

She didn't stay tonight, even though she was in earlier to feed. I guess she only comes in when it's raining. Smile
I took some photos when she was feeding, and I'll post them later when all the birds have settled down for the night.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:07 pm

What a smart bird. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 458406
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Here are some phots of Pretty as promised. They were taken this afternoon when she came in to feed. Isn't she a sweetheart?

Squeaker moved in with us!!! DSCNB4220-cr550

Squeaker moved in with us!!! DSCNB4220-ccc445

Squeaker moved in with us!!! DSCNB4221-ccc399

Squeaker moved in with us!!! DSCNB4218-cccr500
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Pretty is a little sweetheart. I love her looking into the cage. Too cute. Star quality
Thanks for the photos, Teresa.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 am

Such a cutie pie! I love how Pretty just decided your home was the safest place to be...
and people call pigeons dumb!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Such a cutie pie! I love how Pretty just decided your home was the safest place to be...
and people call pigeons dumb!!!!!!

Yeah! Oh brother Go figure.
The general population would be shocked out of their socks if they would just take even a few minutes to read Squeaker moved in with us!!! Readin14 about these wondrous birds and how incredibly intelligent they are.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 am

AHH...what a sweet face. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 334215
Back to top Go down
AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 am

Very coooo l
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Smart, sweet and Pretty!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Yes, a very pretty little one.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Pretty is back in the veranda tonight.
Naturally, she's very welcome, but I can't figure out her movements! Last time it was raining hard, but tonight it's dry and there's next to no wind. Hmmm
Maybe some bird court gave me visitation rights and neglected to tell me... confused Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Happy ... Maybe something scared her boom boom and she feels safe at your place ???

In any case, it appears you've been appointed quardian Pigeon angel

Best wishes,
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Teresa wrote:
Naturally, she's very welcome, but I can't figure out her movements! Last time it was raining hard, but tonight it's dry and there's next to no wind. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 641122
Maybe some bird court gave me visitation rights and neglected to tell me... Squeaker moved in with us!!! Confused Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_lol

No doubt there is a sign only visable to birds. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 982130
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Teresa wrote:
Naturally, she's very welcome, but I can't figure out her movements! Last time it was raining hard, but tonight it's dry and there's next to no wind. Hmmm
Maybe some bird court gave me visitation rights and neglected to tell me... confused Laughing

:That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Matilda wrote:
Teresa wrote:
Naturally, she's very welcome, but I can't figure out her movements! Last time it was raining hard, but tonight it's dry and there's next to no wind. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 641122
Maybe some bird court gave me visitation rights and neglected to tell me... Squeaker moved in with us!!! Confused Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_lol

No doubt there is a sign only visable to birds. Squeaker moved in with us!!! 982130

Would that be the sign that says,
'This way for food. Householder an absolute walkover. Freeloaders welcome.'
ROTFL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Teresa wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Would that be the sign that says,
Squeaker moved in with us!!! 321758 'This way for food. Householder an absolute walkover. Freeloaders welcome.'
ROTFL

Squeaker moved in with us!!! 321758 :That\\\'s so f Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Is the squeaker still around, Teresa?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes, she comes in everyday for food but doesn't stay the night. The voice is starting to change and she has a little grunt, just like daddy's, when we get close. So I'm starting to wonder if Pretty is a Pretty Lad... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeaker moved in with us!!!   Squeaker moved in with us!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squeaker moved in with us!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next