Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Papa & Piggy

Go down 
+2
Matilda
technocactus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
technocactus

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 am

Papa & Piggy Image_12

Saturday, March 13, 2010, I drove to LA Chinatown to meet a friend. On a slow day like Saturday, driving to and back from Chinatown for me is just like a wink of an eye - then you're there, then you're home.
After the meeting, I was on a hurry to go back home and thought I drove the right route. After a few minutes, I found out I was driving the wrong way and was going on circles for about 45 minutes. I ended up going back to Chinatown! What in heaven... Chinatown is my territory then I got lost!

Upon exit to Chinatown, traffic was jammed to find out a funeral procession coming on at the opposite direction. When the procession passed right my side, I saw the deceased picture framed and posted upright at the top of the hearse, a Chinese old man just like my father, reminded me of his funeral 2 months ago. I just cried.

An hour and a half passed, finally I got home. Every time I get home, I do let the pigeons out of the cage. Piggy, the girl pigeon, came out while Bank was left in the cage sitting on the nest. To my surprise, Piggy flew straight to Papa's framed picture on the desk. I shooed her away to let her know she should not perch on or by the picture for she may poop on it. She kept on perching back. Well, let her be, so I took a picture of her. ( See attached, it's cute). She hangs out by the picture for a longer and that moment I pondered why she was doing it. Moments later, I remembered, it was Papa's birthday. I feel so guilty I forgot Papa's birthday that day but I feel so amazed how Papa brought me back to Chinatown on his birthday to remember him and Piggy guided me to look at his picture to think earnestly why she was perching by his picture persistently.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

That is a very special...sweet picture, Jo. Your story gave me goose pumps and I'm glad that you shared it with us.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm

That's a cute picture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Wonderful picture and wonderful story!
Some events definitely look to be much more than coincidence.
I don't know if they serve birthday cake in Heaven, but I'm sure your dad will have smiled down on you! Smile
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 am

That is such a touching story.

I'm quite sure your Papa was part of your diversion to Chinatown that day, they do have a way of getting through to you when needed. How lovely he used Piggy aswell to get your attention on his special day.

Janet

Last edited by jamy on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
technocactus

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

And Piggy watches TV with me. She always sits by my side after a bath. That's where she most of the time dry herself.
Papa & Piggy Image_14
Back to top Go down
technocactus

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 pm

...and Piggy gets jealous too!

Bank, the male pigeon, has been courting my hand every time he has the opportunity to hang out with me.
He does this funny mating thing on top of my hand regardless if it's palm up or palm down, flap his wings and coo and I just laughed out loud.
So he thinks my hand is a female pigeon.

Many instances when I do my daily cleaning and morning visits in their cage, Bank would coo on my hand while Piggy is up on the nest. While I let Bank play or do the courting on my hand, Piggy stares from her nest like she wants to kill. She could not hold on to watching Bank courting my hand, she dives down and peck Bank like a crazy jealous wife. She does that many times. Oh the more I feel guilty now taking their eggs and replace with dummy ones - they have feelings!!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Don't feel guilty about taking the eggs. :For Shame:
I'm pretty confident, that Pigeons don't think of their eggs the same way we would if the eggs were ours.I honestly believe Pigeons are loving and devoted to each other but they don't calculate the relationship as we would. In other words...they don't think...I'm going to grow up and mate with a handsome Pigeon and have a nest that's safe from hawks and raise 10 healthy babies each year. What they do, they do out of instinct. ...45 days after the babies hatch...they kick them out of the nest and if instinct will let them...they are repeating.
Don't feel guilty at all.

Cute picture. My Romey likes to do that with me too. She gets so cozy that she actually purrs. She sounds just like a content cat. I love it when she purrs.
Back to top Go down
technocactus

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for always reminding me Charis. I am just very soft when it comes to them.

Oh yes, our pijs are so funny and sweet.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:49 pm

You are welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Cute picture! Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 am

That's a lovely picture, Technocactus!
By the way, how do you deal with crazy on the sofa? Do you put a protective cover under Piggy? Or is it just my pigeons that leave two inches of guano on every surface when I let them out?
With Piper I can use the Charis Method :That\\\'s so f of strategically placed newspapers on the floor, but the others go (and poop) everywhere. Takes me ages to clean up... Oh brother
Back to top Go down
technocactus

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Teresa,

Dealing with poop everywhere in the house for me is part of my walking back & forth routine. I always have the 99 cents wet tissue or wet cut cloth handy for fabrics to clean it off right away while it's still fresh. Dry cheap napkins cut in half or quarter for poop on wood surfaces. That is why, they can only fly in the house when I am home so that I can follow-clean their poop while it's still fresh. Ohlalala, in short I am their maid.

Tech
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

technocactus wrote:
Teresa,

Dealing with poop everywhere in the house for me is part of my walking back & forth routine. I always have the 99 cents wet tissue or wet cut cloth handy for fabrics to clean it off right away while it's still fresh. Dry cheap napkins cut in half or quarter for poop on wood surfaces. That is why, they can only fly in the house when I am home so that I can follow-clean their poop while it's still fresh. Ohlalala, in short I am their maid.

Tech

At least you know your purpose. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:45 pm

technocactus wrote:
Teresa,

Tech

Happy Dance Thrilled
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 pm

ahhh.. I love that story! Papa & Piggy 35455 Heavenly reminders... have a way of touching our hearts! It gave me goosebumps! I just adore Piggy.

You should look into getting a diaper for them during the times that they are out! www.birdwearonline.org Boni does a great job at making them... I have many pairs and they are a MAID saver! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Papa & Piggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa & Piggy   Papa & Piggy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Papa & Piggy
Page 1 of 1