Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Retired Homers in need of a new home.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Retired Homers in need of a new home. Empty
PostSubject: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 am

I received these 2 emails, since they are located in up state NY I was hoping that maybe a pij-n-angel could help.

We would take them in but we are too far away.

If anyone one can help I can give you his email address.

Any help would be great :Yes:

Thanks! Retired Homers in need of a new home. 142829

1st. email I recieved from Kevin...

Hi,

I can across your website, while looking for a pigeon sanctuary for some retired homing pigeons. My neighber used to race them, and when he died they were homeless. I took them in but knew nothing about how to care for them or how much work they would. I can pay for their care, but do not have facilities or time to give them the proper attention and care they need. There are 5 males and 2 females.

If you adopt birds, or know of a sanctuary that does, I can transport them pretty much anywhere.

Thanks,

Kevin

2nd. email recieved...

There are 2 paired couples and 3 bachelors.

Im in NY state but wouldn't ship them through the mail. I have a ventilated trailer and would deliver them in person to anyone who takes them. That way I can stop and water them, feed them and calm them along the way. I recently delivered 8 of them to a rescue in NJ and they all traveled fine this way.

I do not know their exact ages. However, many of them had bands from the early to mid 1990's. I am guessing most of them 12-15 years old. However 2 of them look much younger and did not have bands. I figure they were offspring, or wild pigeons that roosted with them.

Thanks,

Kevin
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Would he be willing to buy them an airline ticket?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:37 am

Matilda wrote:
Would he be willing to buy them an airline ticket?

If you would like to ask any questions heres his email...

"Kevin Robinson" <kevinrobinson@rocketmail.com>

It would be easier asking him directly than going through me. Happy

I also posted on PT, I'd really like to find a home or homes for these homers.

Thanks for any help Charis. Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:58 am

OK...I'll email him.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 am

This is the responce I received from Kevin.

Hi Charis,

I can deliver them in person anywhere in the Continental US. I've found homes for 8 of them so far and have 7 left. The 8 that I found homes for handled the cross country commute fine. I have a temperature moderated, enclosed but ventilated trailer to deliver them in. I'm not worried about the travel cost and can pay to support the pigeons while fostered. I just took them in because their owner passed away and left them homeless. My wife is a big animal lover which is why we tried to take them in, but we had no idea on zoning regulations or how to care for them. To the best of my knowledge these pigeons have always been pets and do not know how to survive on their own. That's why we are trying to find care for them.

Thanks

Kevin
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 pm

I sure hope you find a forever home for the poor things. It was kind of you guys to take them in and try.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 pm

WOW! Great job First A BIG HUGE Kudos cheers cheers cheers cheers TO Kevin and his wife... THEY give the term RESCUE a HEART!!!! and I love that!!!! I hope they find homes...sweet birds...coming from someone who has GREAT intentions! Thrilled Someone is gonna hit the jackpot with these guys!!!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm

AZJourney wrote:
WOW! Great job First A BIG HUGE Kudos cheers cheers cheers cheers TO Kevin and his wife... THEY give the term RESCUE a HEART!!!! and I love that!!!! I hope they find homes...sweet birds...coming from someone who has GREAT intentions! Thrilled Someone is gonna hit the jackpot with these guys!!!

I agree Jenn.

To you and your wife, Kevin, I would personally like to extend a great big
Retired Homers in need of a new home. Thank_12

YOU rock Lots!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I don't think Kevin is looking at this forum although I did give him a link to our wonderful site.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Matilda wrote:
I don't think Kevin is looking at this forum although I did give him a link to our wonderful site.

Perhaps not, but the much warranted recognition is there in the event he does. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Great job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retired Homers in need of a new home.   Retired Homers in need of a new home. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retired Homers in need of a new home.
Page 1 of 1