Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

What to do with a pigeon blood blister?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello,
as many of you know I have an ex PMV disabled pigeon named Elmo. He has a slight limp when he walks and now we've noticed that on the foot he slightly drags he's developed a blood blister on one of his toes. Very sad

Now I've read that with humans you should leave blood blisters alone and keep it protected so that it doesn't get aggrevated, but is this the same with pigeons? Does anyone know?

We've put a little plaster over the blister to protect it. Elmo doesn't mind, he just pecked at it once then ignored the plaster. Very sweet.

Also, since Elmo has the limp he has also developed what looks like carpet burns on the same foot. Very sad Poor boy! Now, maybe we make some little shoes for him but otherwise I cannot see how we can stop them from developing since he has a limp. Any ideas? (I guess we could always ask the landlord if we can rip up the carpeting? Too drastic? Smile )

Here's a photo of Elmo's blood blister:
What to do with a pigeon blood blister? 4551377751_6b489e017a

What to do with a pigeon blood blister? 4551378231_7cc5e156ba
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Poor little Elmo.
I don't have an immediate solution for you although I can tell you I did make foam rubber shoes for a chicken once that had bumble foot. The shoes gave her bad foot the time it neede to heal.
Let me think it through a bit.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Did you get the emails I sent you? If not...check your junk mail. What to do with a pigeon blood blister? 142829
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Matilda wrote:
Poor little Elmo. I don't have an immediate solution for you although I can tell you I did make foam rubber shoes for a chicken once that had bumble foot. The shoes gave her bad foot the time it neede to heal.
Let me think it through a bit.
Happy Foam rubber shoes!! Laughing Hilarious but it's wonderful you did make them! Love it.

Matilda wrote:
Did you get the emails I sent you?
I did, thank you. I replied but maybe you haven't received the reply yet. Anyway, I sent a message to the lady so hopefully she'll reply soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Yes....the chicken was my Matilda and she had foam rubber shoes foam rubber shoes. I wrapped the feet with soft bandage so they wouldn't chap more by rubbing on the foam rubber. It took 2 of us to get Matilda in her shoes.
We took lthem off and checked the feet every other day.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:57 am

Just wanted to let you know that Elmo's blood blister has almost completely disappeared! Hooray!!!
Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:55 pm

That's great! Did you keep a bandage on the blister?
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Matilda wrote:
That's great! Did you keep a bandage on the blister?
We did for a while but we took it off when the blister hardened.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that Elmo's blood blister has almost completely disappeared! Hooray!!!
Thrilled

YESS!! That's wonderful. Appreciate the update. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Did it just go by itself or did you put anything on it? I was wondering whether Arnica gel might not be a good idea.

So glad to hear it's gone! Celebrate
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:25 am

Teresa wrote:
Did it just go by itself or did you put anything on it? I was wondering whether Arnica gel might not be a good idea.
We didn't put anything on it so it just went by itself (which is what I read often happens with blood blisters). I'm afraid I don't know what Arnica gel is. Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a pigeon blood blister?   What to do with a pigeon blood blister? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with a pigeon blood blister?
Page 1 of 1