Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Sammy is a GIRL!!!!

Go down 
+3
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
Teresa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:02 pm

For months now I've been calling Sammy 'he', mostly because of his her aggressive behaviour when first rescued. So imagine my surprise when he she laid an egg yesterday -- which in Portugal was Mothering Sunday, how apt!
The egg is cracked, probably during a stargazing or back-walking episode, but she's ever so proud of her achievement...
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Teresa, that's so sweet flower

My Jack/Jackie gave me the same aggressive behavior and I would have sworn she was a boy as well. I was just as surprised as you Shock when she laid her first egg.

I guess you will have to change her official name to Samantha with Sammy for short. Laughing

Louise
Sammy is a GIRL!!!! 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Pigeon behavior can be very confusing. I have a Dennis that lays eggs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Congratulations Miss Sammy
Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Flower13
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Teresa wrote:
For months now I've been calling Sammy 'he', mostly because of his her aggressive behaviour when first rescued. So imagine my surprise when he she laid an egg yesterday -- which in Portugal was Mothering Sunday, how apt!
The egg is cracked, probably during a stargazing or back-walking episode, but she's ever so proud of her achievement...

Yayyyy, Sammy!! Congratulations -- on laying your egg as well as revealing your gender. :)We are all proud of you, too!
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Teresa wrote:
For months now I've been calling Sammy 'he', mostly because of his her aggressive behaviour when first rescued. So imagine my surprise when he she laid an egg yesterday
Shock Sammy is a GIRL!!!! 321758 I can so relate to your situation! George (Georgie) did the same with me. Just gotta love them! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Hahaha - I can top that!

Imagine when our first ones were "born": Willy and Joey, the first kids from Emma and Pete. I thought they were boy and girl just as they were behaving. They were simply inseparable. And when Willy started to mount Joey I was sure. But imagine my horror when I realized that Joey was a boy - and Willy realized that too - :eek: :eek: :eek: - from that day on they could not stand each other any more!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:06 am

They never cease to surprise us, do they? I've been laughing heartily reading your accounts of similar surprises! ROTFL

For some reason, I never seem to stick to their names exactly, especially when it's pet spoiling time Tickled Pink , so I kept calling Sammy 'Sammy-su'. I'm doing the same now, but spelling it 'Sammy Sue'...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:14 am

Teresa wrote:
They never cease to surprise us, do they? I've been laughing heartily reading your accounts of similar surprises! ROTFL

For some reason, I never seem to stick to their names exactly, especially when it's pet spoiling time Tickled Pink , so I kept calling Sammy 'Sammy-su'. I'm doing the same now, but spelling it 'Sammy Sue'...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. High 5 :That\\\'s so f
A couple of mine are:
Mikko Man
Dolly Lolly
Sadie sweet Lady (That goes for our cat too)
Malio Leo
Reese's Pieces (His coloring for some reason reminded us of the Reese candy bar).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sammy is a GIRL!!!!   Sammy is a GIRL!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sammy is a GIRL!!!!
Page 1 of 1