Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Sammy is Bad

Go down 
+2
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Sammy is Bad 100_1826
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Is this Sammy and Romy (not sure if I spelled that right)?
They're beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I don't know if I'm spelling her name right either. Sammy is Bad 466834
Yes....thats them.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:44 pm

My description of what's going on has disappeared and so I will try again.

My much loved, adored Sammy has decided that the entire room belongs to him. He and Romy have a 8 foot long flight cage, complete with a nesting box and their own food and water. As flight cages go, this is a palace crafted by Caleb. It's even on rollers so that I can roll the entire thing outside, not that rolling an 8 foot flight through the door is an easy task. Anyway, the door is only closed during night time hours once the lights have been turned out.
As of yesterday, Sammy, his royal self, throws the other two couples out of theri nesting site claiming it for his own. when they try to settle somewhere else, he claims that too. The only male he doesn't mess with is Sweet Pea....wise choice I'd say.
Poor Romy seems quite Sammy is Bad Confused bewildered following him to and fro. For the time being, he's in lock down in his own flight. I'll bring him in the house as soon as I can move the chicken back to the chicken coop. It's hard to know what has set him off. Sammy is Bad 466834
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Is there something in the air or what? I'm having the same issues. Sammy is Bad Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:09 pm

The other thing I noticed, which is very interesting, is that two of the other hens are making advances toward Sammy.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Maybe there is a change in the hierarchy and new Alpha male emerges. Pigeons do have their society status, you know and at the beginning of the breeding season males need to spend extra energy. Chamomile tea usually helps calming them. Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:07 am

Charis, that's funny! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that does "Lock Down". LOL. I just think that every now and then one of them gets bored with the routine, and just wants to satisfy the "gypsy" in his soul, and move into a new place. My Sammy is always trying to move around, and Gully follows, with a bewildered look on her face, as if to say, "But what's wrong with our old place"? Eventually, she will get him to go back to their own box. He just likes to try new things I think. He seems to do this more than the others. He'll settle down.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:11 am

I sure hope so.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:22 am

plamenh wrote:
Maybe there is a change in the hierarchy and new Alpha male emerges. Pigeons do have their society status, you know and at the beginning of the breeding season males need to spend extra energy. Chamomile tea usually helps calming them. Sammy is Bad 458406
I'll try the tea. It's always breeding season for my flock. Sammy is Bad Confused
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 am

Both the pijjies are so beautiful...don't know who is Sammy out of that but both are handsome Smile
Probably Sammy is bored of his old place and wants a change or as Plamen suggested, he may be trying to become the new alpha male in there. Hope he settles down soon. I found the lines where you described his mate following him around bewildered soo cute Circle of Love They are so much like us aren't they Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:00 am

Matilda wrote:
plamenh wrote:
Maybe there is a change in the hierarchy and new Alpha male emerges. Pigeons do have their society status, you know and at the beginning of the breeding season males need to spend extra energy. Chamomile tea usually helps calming them. Sammy is Bad 458406
I'll try the tea. It's always breeding season for my flock. Sammy is Bad Confused

That is because it is allways warm and plenty of food. Amount of eggs mine produce will ashame any chicken farm, but my heart won't let me to switch them to plain barley.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:18 am

priya wrote:
Both the pijjies are so beautiful...don't know who is Sammy out of that but both are handsome Sammy is Bad 458406
Probably Sammy is bored of his old place and wants a change or as Plamen suggested, he may be trying to become the new alpha male in there. Hope he settles down soon. I found the lines where you described his mate following him around bewildered soo cute Sammy is Bad 588547 They are so much like us aren't they Sammy is Bad 7471

Romy is on the left and Sammy on the right. Sammy is Bad 458406
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Here's another picture of Sammy   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 am

Sammy is Bad Pigeon10

This would taken by a professional photograper for a piece in the NewYorker. I can honestly say I live with a professional model. Sammy was paid well for his time. Unfortunately, there aren't many jobs available for professional Pigeon models. Sammy is Bad Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 am

Matilda wrote:
Romy is on the left and Sammy on the right. Sammy is Bad 458406
Guessed so seeing him all fluffed up That's too funny
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 am

Matilda wrote:
Sammy is Bad Pigeon10

This would taken by a professional photograper for a piece in the NewYorker. I can honestly say I live with a professional model. Sammy was paid well for his time. Unfortunately, there aren't many jobs available for professional Pigeon models. Sammy is Bad Icon_lol

whoa look at him...what a natural poser Picture(s)/video Yeah it's a pity there aren't much jobs for professional pigeon models, otherwise Sammy would have been on the cover of vogue by now Laughing

Charis, isn't that a part of your signature on PT? That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am

You've told me the story behind this photo but I've never seen the photo enlarged. Sammy is Bad 334215 Sammy is Bad 848164
Many thanks for sharing it with us.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

The Picture(s)/video is just STELLAR!... What a little model you have on your hands! Star quality
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sammy is Bad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sammy is Bad   Sammy is Bad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sammy is Bad
Page 1 of 1