Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves

Go down 
+2
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Wow, Caleb built that at the age of 13?!!! # 1 Respect to him, it's a fantastic job!

My set-up is boring, just cages! I try to make them comfortable, but it's not ideal. The pigeons have their daily exercise session, and sometimes at the weekend they can stay out all day, but the rest of the time they stay in their cages. That's because I live on a 2nd floor flat -- there's no garden or patio, and the spare room only has a very small skylight and it's very dark and claustrophobic. It's no use except as an emergency quarentine area.
So most share my study with me. They are becoming TV addicts... Laughing

George, who likes his privacy, is in the veranda and has the best view of all. (But I bring him in here in the winter, because the veranda is cold and damp then).

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6391-r550

His cage has a removable sunroof that also folds in:

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6386-r300 Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6387-r300

Piper and Hercules share a large cage meant for a couple of parrots, with perches and accessories that were customised for their special needs. That cage is on top of a bookshelf.
Below them, on the highest shelf, is Sammy's and Pippin's cage, made out of two cages with the partitions removed and a 'bridge' linking them. Here you can see both cages, and some visiting ferals! Tickled Pink

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6632-cr400-L

Piper and Hercules's cage has a wide, flat perch that runs past all the food, water and grit dishes, and leads to a two-tier nest (orange, left), a central platform (green) that links with the landing board, and a wooden platform (now with a mirror) next to the window.

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6019-r550

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6439-cr550

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6021-r550

'Hospital cages' are usually opposite that, close to the computer (here is Mac in one)...

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6594-r550

...but that spot is now taken by the wicker carrier (why do all my pigeons LOVE it, I wonder) where Abby is comfortably nestled in the 'snuggler' mattress. Tickled Pink

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 DSCNB6856-r496
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves   Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Teresa, you have a good set up. that is a lot of work cleaning all those cages. I know, as when the loft was being built, I had like 10 cages in my dining room full of birds for a month! It is a lot more work cleaning many cages than it is to clean the one loft. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

Pictures of your loft or where you keep you pigeons or doves
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2