Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago

Go down 
+6
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Empty
PostSubject: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 100_2621
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 100_2622
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:37 pm

The woman that brought this bird to me, said she noticed him outside the building she went into downtown. When she came out later, he was on his side inside the loby and was unable to right himself. She suspected he had flown into the building, perhaps when someone els came in and then flew into a wall.
His eyes haven't changed and so he is a young bird. His weight is good but his crop is filled with fluid.
He seems to be comfortable for the time and I made him a little donut to help him right himself.
For a bit longer, I'm going to watch him.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 pm

He's a pretty little pij. Bless his little heart.
I hope he has a good night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Me too. I'm hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:54 pm

Matilda wrote:
Me too. I'm hoping for the best.

Yep! That's all we can hope for. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 142829
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 am

Charis, How is this little one doing this morning?

Louise
Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:50 am

He's still alive, Louise, which honestly is more than I expected although I was hoping.

This past week I had an allergic reaction to something I accidently over heated in the microwave and have been unable to smell anything but that smokey smell. This morining I was able to smell a bad odor from him and a poop he made during the night. It smells more like the odor I have come to associate with salmonella and so after I fed him, I treated him with baytril.

He readily gulped the food, with out me needing to tube feed him and that is a good sign too.

I wish I would have thought to ask the lady that brought him here, if he smelled bad last night. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 310554 Smells to me are very important clues.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm so happy to hear that he made it through the night YESS!!

It's a good sign that he has a good appetite and it eating.

Baytril will treat a multitute of ills, so if it's not salmonella atleast it's a broad spectrum antibotic.

I assume you will be treating him for canker as well Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 395766

Is he able to stand on his feet yet? He looks so sad lying on his side.

Sending healing positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Louise...I just got home and the bird is definately more alert, which is a very good sign. He still is unable to stand but if his problem is bacterial in nature, and the baytril is sensitive to the bacteria, there should be an improvement in the next 3-4 days.

Yes...I am treating for canker too.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Glad to hear this little one is more alert.........definately a good sign Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 395766

What about the fluid in the crop?.......has it passed?

This little one reminds me so much of the little young ones I have had lately. What about treating for coccidia as well?..........Do you think that would be prudent as well?

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Jackie's Mom wrote:
Glad to hear this little one is more alert.........definately a good sign Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 395766

What about the fluid in the crop?.......has it passed?
This little one reminds me so much of the little young ones I have had lately. What about treating for coccidia as well?..........Do you think that would be prudent as well?

Louise

The crop is no longer fluid filled. The metronidazole worked quickly.

I definately will treat for coccidia in a few days.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 am

Bless you and the lady for taking this sweet baby in Pigeon angel Good to hear that he is showing improvement. Hope he recovers completely. Will be hoping the best for him Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 am

Charis,

How is this little one doing today?

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 am

No real change, Louise. I'm just getting ready to fed him.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 am

Wish you were here. This little guy would be going to Dr. Hauck this morning Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 395766

Hang in there..........He's made it this far which is a good sign. Remember how long it took for Sweetie to recover (2 months).

Keep us posted.

Sending heaing thoughts and prayers your way Circle of Love

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks Louise.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 am

Is there any chance that Deb, or her associate, came take a look at him?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am

Deb doesn't have an associate. Deb is at the Audubon mon-thurs and friday at a clinic. Since Audubon has a permit that does not allow them to treat pigeons, I can't take him there.
When Deb gave up her job at the clinic she worked for years, it created a huge void.
This morning he had the second dose of Baytril and I the medicine needs some time to work. It really isn't realistic of me to hope for a turn around after 24 hours....realistic is a few days more.

I will get him to Deb on Friday if there is no improvement. That was already part of my plan for this bird.

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 am

Charis my computer is acting up, so I missed this thread.

Its wonderful that the woman helped this poor baby & that she contacted you Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 116281

Sounds like the baby is already improving and I'm sure will continue to improve because of you. Pigeon angel

Please keep us updated on its progress. Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago 395766

Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Poor little pigeon, that top photo is so. so sad!
It was wonderful to hear that he's fighting back, and that he's responding really well to the medication.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Matilda wrote:

Deb doesn't have an associate.
My mistake. Smile

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:07 am

Charis,

How is this little one doing today?

I hope he/she is showing some improvement.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:43 pm

The bird is perhaps a bit better, Louise. I hope tomorrow will make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Well, this little one is hanging in there and that sure beats the alernative.

I think this one will be like Sweetie. This is going to be a slow, but steady uphill progress and recovery.

I sure hope Fingers crossed that the Baytril starts to kick in by tomorrow.

Sending you positive healing thoughts and prayers.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago   Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor little guy arrived a couple of hours ago
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next