Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Injured pigeon not eating

Go down 
+6
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
EgypSwiftLady
NiteOwl
Matilda
Ghanima
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Ghanima,

If the attack was a week ago and Kader is fine, it's very unlikely the cat was carrying Pasteurella (the bacteria that is fatal for pigeons), as the disease hits the worst phase 3 days after contact.
However, the antibiotic would still be a good idea, to be on the safe side. I would give her 20mg twice a day for 5 days.

At this time of year, pigeons kept indoors always feel the urge to go outside to look for love Wink and it's really scary when they manage a seemingly impossible escape. Pigeons can be incredibly determined and resourceful when they set their mind to achieving something!

All the best to you both.

PS. I've been thinking a lot about you lately, with all the news about Syrian refugees crossing the border into Turkey. I sincerely hope that peace will be restored very soon.
Back to top Go down
Ghanima
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:18 am

Dear Teresa,

Teresa wrote:
Hi Ghanima,

If the attack was a week ago and Kader is fine, it's very unlikely the cat was carrying Pasteurella (the bacteria that is fatal for pigeons), as the disease hits the worst phase 3 days after contact.
However, the antibiotic would still be a good idea, to be on the safe side. I would give her 20mg twice a day for 5 days.

OK, thank you very much for the information. Our apothecary is bringing Synulox for cats today (50mg versions).

Teresa wrote:
Hi Ghanima,

PS. I've been thinking a lot about you lately, with all the news about Syrian refugees crossing the border into Turkey. I sincerely hope that peace will be restored very soon.

Unfortunately things are not well for the refugees. Although they have food and water and health care inside the camps, they are now literally locked up and isolated there, not allowed to even a simple phone call. Turkish people are traditionally averse to Arabs and many think that they should go back. But how can they go back?  

Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/ypehlivan
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Ghanima, Hi there/Bye
Holy Cow That was quite an adventure for little Kader.
I'm so glad that she wasn't injured by the fall or the cat. Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 44767

Many thanks to your neighbor for rescuing her from the cat. Way To Go Pigeon angel Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Ghanima wrote:

Unfortunately things are not well for the refugees. Although they have food and water and health care inside the camps, they are now literally locked up and isolated there, not allowed to even a simple phone call. Turkish people are traditionally averse to Arabs and many think that they should go back. But how can they go back?  

Poor souls... Very sad
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi there/Bye Thinking of you, and hoping all is well! Star quality
Back to top Go down
Ghanima
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 am

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for your message. Sorry for my late reply but I and my husband were away for a holiday.

Kader is doing very well. She put on some weight and that makes us very happy. She learned her way around the house and she is also much more comfortable with our presence now. I think she started to make herself home.

When we were away for holiday, we left Kader in the bathroom for one week. Since our close friends were also away or busy we had to do it this way. Although she had enough food and water and fresh air through a secure window, we were somewhat worried during the week. When we came back she looked fine but we found that she shed some feathers (more than usual). She continued to shed feathers today but she looks healthy and alert. I guess this could be a result of stress and I hope that it will stop soon.

Best wishes.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Ghanima!

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear from you.

Don't worry about Kader shedding feathers, as all of mine are doing it at the moment too -- it's the time of year when many of them start replacing their feathers.
With nine of them in the house, every day I collect enough feathers to make a toy pigeon!!! That's too funny Or that's what I might do, if I had the time!
Back to top Go down
Ghanima
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 am

Hi Teresa,

It is good to know that Kader's situation is normal. Kader is very serious about her feathers. She cares for them everyday. I would hate to see her loosing them.

Anyway, as of today she is not shedding as much. I guess, whatever the reason was, she is done with it.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:45 pm

It sounds like Kader was molting a little, which is normal.
When my guys molt, the floor of the aviary is covered with white feathers. Oh no
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injured pigeon not eating    Injured pigeon not eating  - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injured pigeon not eating
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12