Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Halo has a broken leg

Go down 
+8
pigeonwriter
Jackie\'s Mom
AnnieBirdy
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Halo is a lot better and finally changing from formula to thawed peas! Happy Dance
She's just had her second break in the antibiotics, spending 2 days on probiotics, but she goes downhill visibly as soon as the antibiotic is suspended, so she's been back on it as from yesterday.

It now seems very likely her condition can improve enough for her to be able to withstand the surgery in the near future.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Teresa - this is really awful. These set backs are heartbreaking Not feeling well Not feeling well Not feeling well
But Halo does not seem to give up so why should you? Sending love and much healing prayers Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Thank you, Petra! Universal hug

Halo is getting feisty and pecking me when she doesn't want to be picked up! Tickled Pink She doesn't want to be tube fed, she wants to pick up her own seeds, but I'm only letting her do that once a day.

A few days ago I saw a little blood on her bedding and got really worried, but I couldn't find out where it had come from. The only clue were a couple of little spots of blood on her wing, which she often catches with her bad leg, which points outwards. I hope it was that, especially as it hasn't happened since.

Her poops are becoming more formed, with clearly separated urates now (white), but their colour is very dark, a blackish green, a colour I would normally associate with internal injuries... Not feeling well I have NO idea
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:36 am

Teresa - that is good news!!!! Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 116281 As long as the urates are clearly there I would not worry too much about the dak colour. I have seen this from time to time with Rudi or Pina too. Do you give her peas in between? This might help to replace the missing greens.

Sending more good wishes Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 983488 Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 983488 Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Halo is feeding herself full-time now! Happy Happy Dance
She's preening, exercising her wings, and she's put on quite a bit of weight! She still enjoys a cuddle, and looking at the sights out of the window with me, but doesn't like too much interference in her home (I call it cleaning) and pecks me sometimes! That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo has a broken leg   Halo has a broken leg - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo has a broken leg
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Emergency Room :: Pigeon Rescue, Suspect Injury-
Jump to: