Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING

Go down 
+6
technocactus
EgypSwiftLady
priya
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Empty
PostSubject: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:34 pm

I received a call from a woman thismoring who had done a search for Las Vegas Pigeon Rescue and found my phone number on an old thread over on PT.

She had found a bird in her yard that was unable to fly. She suspected that the bird had been shot with a BB Gun by one of her neighbors. When I picked up the bird I examined the wing and there was a visable injury right at the elbow joint. Sure looked like it could be a shot wound as it went completely from the underside of the wing through the outside wing.

I got an appointment at Dr. Hauck's office for 3:30PM. Unfortunately Dr. Hauck was not in today, but I was able to see the other avian vet Dr. Kenton. Upon examination the Vet said this was not a shot wound but a very severe broken wing that was propably sustained during flight and that this bird had crashed into a pole or building in flight causing the wing to break in such a severe manner that the bone went completely through the outer skin.

The vet thought that the injury was atleast 2 days old and that infection had alread set in.
He cleaned the wound and double wrapped the wing. Th bird was also put on a course of Cipro .02 mg BID.

Charis will be posting pictures for me shortely.........This is the cutest little bird. I love it/them She is full grown, but half the size of a normal pigeon.......looks more like a baby. She has little feathered feet and a tiny little beak. She is a feral, but definately a cross with a fancy bird.

She is now at home with me resting.......she is quite thin, but is eating seed and drinking on her own.

I now have 7 birds inside the house along with 3 dogs. Holy Sheep!! I am definately one NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 514260

Louise
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 23878
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:51 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 002jun11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 003jun10

I love the feathered feet, Louise....very sweet
.If the bird was in my care, I would treat her for canker too.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Will start her on Flagyl in the morning. Do you think I should do Spartrix as well?

You cannot imagine how small she is. When she is feeling better I'll try and get a picture of her next to one of the other birds for comparism.

Aren't those little feathered feet the cutest ever. I love it/them

Louise
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Were it me, I'd go with just the flagyl for now. [25mg, 1 time a day]

:Yes: Those feet are the cutest ever. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

She is just a little darling, Louise.
I hope all goes well with her wing.

Interestingly, Shi brought over a baby that her friend found, and now Shi has him. Not sure what the story is as the friend was not real clear.
She asked if I would take a look at him because his feathers seemed strange. After observing him, my guess was that he wasn't afforded much sunlight. He's just adorable.
BUT. . . he has long feathers on his toes too. They are just the cutest.
We were wondering the same thing, perhaps he came from a set of parents where one had a bit of fancy in them.

I asked Shi if she minded me posting about JoJo here and she said that would be great. So I'll get a thread started in the Feral Forum when I get a couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 am

She is adorable Louise I love it/them and yes, she has the prettiest feet i have seen! Very unusual!
Hope she recovers soon from her injuries. You sure are a NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 514260 :)
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:02 am

Louise she is just so very sweet & her fancy feet are very cute. I love it/them

I'm glad she found her way to you, she is one very lucky bird! What will you name her?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:26 am

Yes the FEET! :eek:
It's so cute! Tickled Pink Tickled Pink Tickled Pink Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 am

How is she doing today, Louise?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Matilda wrote:
How is she doing today, Louise?

I was wondering the same thing. Hope she's doin better :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 pm

This sweet little one is doing as best as can be expected at this point.

The first night that the wing was wrapped it was obvious to me that she was in pain. Very sad I was concerned as she was standing with her head almost touching the ground and almost looked like she was sleeping. I would stir her and she would continue to eat her seeds and then fall back to sleep in the middle of eating.

By morning she was quite alert, standing normally and was actively trying to get away from me. I had to bundle her to administer her medicine and I am giving her 1 supplemental feeding a day of Kaytee as she is so thin.

She is going to be with me for quite some time and there is no guarantee that she will ever fly again due to the area of the break. I need to give her a name Hmmm ........something related to those precious little feathered feet...........SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

Louise

Last edited by Jackie's Mom on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm glad to hear this little one is doing better, Louise.

To you both, a big Group hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 am

Great to hear that she is on the mend... even if it is slow. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 am

This little one is showing signs of feeling better. Feeling great

I know she was in real pain following the taping of the wing. She looked and acted like she felt miserable Not feeling well

She is now out of the kitchen and in the bird room. As soon as she was able to see the other birds she perked right up. Happy Happy She is also eating much more and has learned to fling her seeds after watching the others do it That's too funny

Still trying to come up with a good name for her. I want it to be something releated to those precious little feathered feet. Any Suggestions???

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 am

We better put on our thinking hats to help you with a name. :
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:23 am

How about.......chikala - little/small...[native american]
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 am

Heare's another...it means feather

Shikoba
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 am

Matilda wrote:
Heare's another...it means feather

Shikoba

Very cool! How do you say feather foot or feather footed?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

How about FancyFeet or..Fancy for short?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:14 am

Louise how is the lil' pij doing? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks for asking Robin..........

Little feathered feet is coming along nicely. She eats and drinks on her own...but...not enough. She is still very thin so I am hand feeding her 25cc's Kaytee twice a day.

She is still on her course of Cipro. The wing was already infected when she was found, but I think the cipro is taking care of that.....she is quite alert and very active. She is on her 5th day of Flagyl......treating for canker as a precautionary measure.

The wing remains taped and I will bring her back to Dr. Hauck after it has been about 3 weeks to have him unwrap it and see if the bone has mended.

She is so cute. I love it/them ......she is vocal and makes sounds that sound like a small chicken. I have her in a cage with my smallest little hen Una........she is so small she makes Una look large. I'll get a new picture and have Charis post it.

Louise
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Aw, cute. I love her feet, too. Circle of Love She seems like a real sweetie!
Way To Go You're taking very good care of her.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:00 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 005fea10
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING 007fea10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next