Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING

Go down 
+6
technocactus
EgypSwiftLady
priya
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: A very good surprise   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I went into the bird room around 9:00PM to make sure everyone was tucked in and safe for the night.

When I checked on Little Feathered Feet, to my surprise NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 279675 Shock NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 279675 I saw her bandgage and wing was on the floor of the cage. The damaged part of the wing had fallen off all by itself. She was busy preening the remaining feathers on that wing. cheers NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 116281 Great job YESS!!

I am sooooooooo happy...... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

This has turned out so well, and no surgery was required. YESS!! The remaining wing looks fine, although the feathers are a bit shabby looking from being wrapped for so long. I'm sure they will go back to normal as she preens and new feathers come in with the next molt.

I will take her to Dr. Hauck during the week for a final check-up.

I have sent some pictures to Charis......it is late here, I hope she will be able to post them in the morning.

Louise
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Thrilled Thrilled This is wonderful news, Louise. Thrilled Thrilled
I'm so glad Little Feathered Feet is doing well.
pigeon 1 pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 am

This Is indeed greta news Louise! NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 219375

I'm so glad all turned out so very well. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 116281

Can't wait to see the new photos NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Louise...it's wonderful...so much better than a surgical removal. He must feel so much better. Happy
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Another day of dancing NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:18 pm

technocactus wrote:
Another day of dancing NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471

Dancing is good!! NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 142829
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: And here are the pictures to prove it!!!!   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 001win10
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 002win10
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 003win10
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:57 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 004win10
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Louise she is so darn cute with her feathered feet! I love it/them

Her wing looks like theres a big piece out of it :eek: I didn't think it would be so much. Very sad

Will her feathers grow over it? Just wondering. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 106767

She's still a lil' sweetie!! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm so glad to hear the end of the wing came out all by itself and she's doing well! In fact she looks quite proud of herself in the picture! Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 pm

The facial expressions in those pictures are too adorable, Louise. I love it/them
Little Feathered feet looks great. I agree with Teresa, she does look quite proud of herself. Great job
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

Robin........The picture that looks like a big piece of the wing is missing is deceiving. That is where the bandage was and the feathers are all squished together in that area. The wing actually looks much better today as she preens and the feathers loosen up. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 395766

I'll post a new picture in a day or so. She needs to have a bath.........she hasn't been able to bathe in 2 months while the bandage was on. I'm sure that will make the feathers look better and I'm sure she will enjoy a bath Happy

She is so cute and sweet I love it/them NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 983488 I love it/them She wants to fly and tries so hard Very sad She does manage to get about 1 foot off the ground.

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:54 am

Jackie's Mom wrote:
Robin........The picture that looks like a big piece of the wing is missing is deceiving. That is where the bandage was and the feathers are all squished together in that area. The wing actually looks much better today as she preens and the feathers loosen up. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 395766

I'll post a new picture in a day or so. She needs to have a bath.........she hasn't been able to bathe in 2 months while the bandage was on. I'm sure that will make the feathers look better and I'm sure she will enjoy a bath Happy

She is so cute and sweet I love it/them NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 983488 I love it/them She wants to fly and tries so hard Very sad She does manage to get about 1 foot off the ground.

Louise

I should be used to seeing wounds old & new, sorry if I over reacted Embarassed

I look forward to seeing LFF all shiny after her bath! I love it/them
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

Little Feathered Feet is doing sooooooooo good NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 395766 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 116281

The feathers on the wing are looking much better. Poor baby Very sad wants to fly so badly. It's so sad to watch her keep trying and trying. She only manages to get about 1 foot off the ground.

I have an appointment with Dr. Hauck at 3:30PM today for her follow up visit.

Will update later.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am

Thank you. We will be interested in how the appointment goes.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Little Feathered Feet was seen by Dr. Hauck today.

He gave her a 100% clean bill of health. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

He feels her wing has healed beautifully, and he thinks she will regrow some additional feathers.

She has bottomed out at 260gms, which Dr. Hauck feels is more than sufficient based on her size and body structure...........She is a chubby, precious little thing. I love it/them NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 983488 I love it/them

I gave her a bath this morning and the wing looks so much better.

I've been really preoccupied with my other rescue who is critical and haven't had time to take a new picture. I'll do so, I promise, as so as I can.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 pm

What wonderful news! NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 983488 Feeling great A much-needed happy ending!
She won't be so disappointed at not being able to fly when she's become accustomed to the Chez Louise kind of lifestyle... Happy
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 am

So very happy at the wonderful news Louise! Great job Happy Dance Doin my happy dance! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 am

Me too, doing my happy dance. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:04 pm

technocactus wrote:
Me too, doing my happy dance. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 7471

Count me in as well. Happy Dance Happy Dance
That's great news, Louise.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Well I can't manage to twirl (dizzy enough as it is...), so it will have to be the funky lizard dance! That's too funny

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Ghecko-disco
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Hahahaha! Where did you catch this lizard? NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 443628 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 443628 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 443628 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 982130 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 982130 NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 982130
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Teresa wrote:
Well I can't manage to twirl (dizzy enough as it is...), so it will have to be the funky lizard dance! That's too funny

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Ghecko-disco

Love that guy, Teresa. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 219375
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next