Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING

Go down 
+6
technocactus
EgypSwiftLady
priya
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Louise...she is so cute. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Matilda wrote:
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 005fea10

And who is that one looking at the sexy pij?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I still think that 3 weeks is way too long to have that wing wraped. I'm afraid that it will freeze up even if the wing does mend, leaving her unable to fly again. I've had that happen with several broken wing birds. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Charis.....The other Vet - not Dr. Hauck...said 4/6 weeks......which is way too long.....I thought 3 weeks would be good.

If you think that is still too long.....Do you think 2 weeks is sufficient? It is exactly one week today.

I want to give this little one the best possible chance of flying again, even though the vet was not optomistic at all due to the severity and location of the break.

I can always get to Dr. Hauck next Thrusday and have him unwrap it and if he feels it necessare it can always be re-wrapped.

What do you think????

Louise
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:09 pm

technocactus wrote:
Matilda wrote:
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 005fea10

And who is that one looking at the sexy pij?

The other bird is "Una"......very small little one eye hen. She looks huge next to little feathered feet.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes...I think 2 weeks is closer to when it needs to be checked.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:14 pm

I just checked the Duckpolice site and they recommend 2- 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Charis, I would assume that a duck's bone is much larger than a pigeon's. Therefore taking longer to mend.

What do you think?.......we split the difference and go for 2 1/2 weeks and then have it unwrapped and checked by Dr. Hauck himself?

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Laughing ...Duck Police does pigeons too.
So then you would take the bird to Dr. Hauck a week from Monday?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Una looks very interested in little feather foot.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm

OK--------We're all set. I called the office and have an appointment with Dr. Hauck, for 10:00AM, Monday July 5th.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Matilda wrote:
Una looks very interested in little feather foot.

I put the little one in with Una because she is the most non-aggressive bird I have ever had.....very, very sweet and gentle I love it/them She even let's the little one go into her nest basket.

She just watches the little one intently all day and the little one makes these strange chicken sounding roo-coos at her. Neither of them has attempted to make physical contact.

Louise NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm glad to read that Little Feather Foot is doing so well. Happy YESS!! It will just take some time for her to gain weight :Yes:

She is a tiny one and so very cute! Great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Adorable photos, Louise.
I hope the visit with Dr. Hauck goes well. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Little Feathered Feet is starting to fell much better. :Yes:

Tonight when I went to take her out of her cage for her evening feeding and medicine I got a good swift wing slap with her good wing. Shock I let her loose on the kitchen counter.....this little one has some energy......she is so fast NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 193770 She reminds me of the roadrunner bird in the cartoons NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 46723

She is just so cute I love it/them

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm

The wing slap is a very positive sign. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:36 pm

It's great to hear 'Little Feather Feet' is doing so much better, Louise. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 am

Little Feathered Feet I love it/them NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 983488 I love it/them goes to see Dr. Hauck this morning at 10:00 AM.

She has finished her course of cipro and has been treated for canker. She has definately put on some weight, is eating and drinking well YESS!!

I'll have Dr. Hauck unwrap her wing and make an evaluation as to the bone fusing and get his opinion as to her future prospect for flying. Fingers crossed

Will update later.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks Louise. I was just thinking a few minutes ago that she has an appointment this morning.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 am

I was wondering how she was doing Louise Hmmm

I'm looking forward to the update after her visit NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 395766
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:26 pm

I am so sorry to report that NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 983488 Little Feathered Feet NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 983488 will never be able to fly again. Disappointed Even sadder Very sad is that we're looking at possible amputation and surgery.

Dr. Hauck unwrapped her wing and the bone was stll sticking out. There had been no healing whatsoever. The tissue surrounding the wound and now spreading downward towards the tip of the wing has turned completely black. Gangrene has set in. There is no blood supply going from broken joint halfway down to the tip of the wing.

Dr. Hauck removed all the black scaps and plucked most of the feathers from the area. He then cleansed the area and packed it with some sort of white powder medicine and re-wrapped the wing. She is back on the Cipro - .02 cc BID.

The wing is to remain taped for a full month and then return to Dr. Hauck to see exactly how much healing will take place on it's own, and to determine if and how much of the wing will need to be amputated.

Surprisingly, when the wing was unwrapped it does not droop. She holds the wing up in a normal position. Dr. Hauck said that if the dead tissue can be limited to just the area where it currenty is, and as long as the wing is not drooping and interfering with her otherwise, amputation might be able to be avoided.

He weighed her and she is only 221 grams. She is just tiny......not emaciated at all. Dr. Hauck and the tech's just thinks she is so adorable.

She is back in her cage now.......happy to be home, eating, and perching in her little nest basket.

I sent a few new pictures to Charis.

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Oh Louise How very sad to hear that Little Feathered Feet may lose her wing Very sad

We will be prayering & sending healing vibes to her in hopes that a miracle will happen and she will be able to keep her wing. NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 395766 Fingers crossed

I'm sure Dr. Hauck will do everything possible for her & she is in the best possible place...with you NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 983488

Give her a tiny kiss & cuddle from me. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm so sorry to hear the outcome of Little Feathered Feet's wing injury. Very sad
She has a wonderful vet and fabulous caregiver so she's in the best hands possible. Pigeon angel

Sending positive thoughts to you both and 'Get Well Soon' wishes to Little Feathered Feet.
NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Dove_111
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:35 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 004fea10
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:37 pm

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 006fea10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING   NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LITTLE RESCUE WITH BROKEN WING
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next