Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Strophe goes adventuring

Go down 
+3
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Strophe goes adventuring Empty
PostSubject: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm

After a few unsuccessful attempts to integrate Strophe with my local flock last year, I think she's now showing an interest in the idea, after being in the balcony in closer contact with them for a few weeks.
This afternoon she was very restless, so I let her come out. She landed on my arm, then on my head, then flew out the window for a couple of hours -- during which time she seemed to be taking an interest in one of the boys! Wink
I thought she might fly into the veranda and her cage later, but instead she flew right into the classroom and landed on my head, to applause and a lot of laughter from my students... Strophe goes adventuring 321758 Old habits die hard!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 pm

That is too funny. Strophe goes adventuring 46723 I love it!!
How much fun would it be to be a student in your class. Thrilled
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

That's a very cute story, Teresa. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AnnieBirdy
Special Pigeon Angel
AnnieBirdy

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm

You and Strophe will be making new Pigeon Angels out of your class with them witnessing that!
How absolutely lovely! Great job Strophe goes adventuring 219375 cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.precious-wings.com
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 893919 Strophe goes adventuring 116281 Strophe goes adventuring 116281 Strophe goes adventuring 116281
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:35 pm

That's a funny mental image. Bet the kids loved it!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:54 am

Yes, the kids thought it was great! They're used to see pigeons running away from people, and loved it when she came in and claimed me for her property! That's too funny

Yesterday afternoon she did exactly the same, providing two other students with a pleasant break from the intricacies of the Passive Voice... If the kids had grinned any more their ears would split! Laughing
I looked at them, shrugged my shoulders and said, 'I've often wondered what my place was in the great scheme of things... well, now I know... I'm a landing board!' Strophe goes adventuring 321758 Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:20 am

Teresa wrote:
Yes, the kids thought it was great! They're used to see pigeons running away from people, and loved it when she came in and claimed me for her property! That's too funny

Yesterday afternoon she did exactly the same, providing two other students with a pleasant break from the intricacies of the Passive Voice... If the kids had grinned any more their ears would split! Laughing

I looked at them, shrugged my shoulders and said, 'I've often wondered what my place was in the great scheme of things... well, now I know... I'm a landing board!' Strophe goes adventuring 321758 Happy Dance

Strophe goes adventuring 321758 Strophe goes adventuring 321758
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Teresa wrote:
After a few unsuccessful attempts to integrate Strophe with my local flock last year, I think she's now showing an interest in the idea, after being in the balcony in closer contact with them for a few weeks.
This afternoon she was very restless, so I let her come out. She landed on my arm, then on my head, then flew out the window for a couple of hours -- during which time she seemed to be taking an interest in one of the boys! Wink
I thought she might fly into the veranda and her cage later, but instead she flew right into the classroom and landed on my head, to applause and a lot of laughter from my students... Strophe goes adventuring 321758 Old habits die hard!

OMG!!!! I love it/them nutter This is SOOO outstanding!! Teresa, YOU rock Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
That is too funny. Strophe goes adventuring 46723 I love it!!
How much fun would it be to be a student in your class. Thrilled

Indeed, I I agree Celebrate And the most important thing is that I'm sure that Teresa must be an excelent teacher, concerning what I know of her, she explains things very well, I can tell! That's too funny Strophe goes adventuring 395766
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 pm

AnnieBirdy wrote:
You and Strophe will be making new Pigeon Angels out of your class with them witnessing that!
How absolutely lovely! Great job Strophe goes adventuring 219375 cheers

Yes, I totally agree, I was thinking about that!
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Teresa wrote:

Nice answer, and good attitute and posture! Strophe goes adventuring 514260 YOU rock Pigeon angel Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Strophe is a real star! She goes out for flight practice every single day now, and every time she comes back into the classroom and lands on my head...
If she's ready to go into her cage, she just stays on my head until I put her back there. Otherwise, she flies to the top of the bookshelf and preens, or flies around the room a bit.

Here she is taking off for her morning flight... with a little hesitation:

Oh, what a mummy's girl... Happy I love it/them

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Love the videos, Teresa. I love it/them
Such a little sweetie. Strophe goes adventuring 983488

She's beautiful in flight.

Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:20 pm

I love it/them Awww! Sooo cute! This is really impressive, thanks for sharing, Teresa! Strophe goes adventuring 142829 Good post
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Thank you! Thank You circling

Her tail feathers aren't right yet, as they were chewed by the cat I rescued her from, and they grew damaged and with a kink. But she manages to fly quite well.
I hope to see a big improvement after this year's moult!
Back to top Go down
Rosa
Special Pigeon Angel
Rosa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes, I know what you mean, same happened to Balsa: the feathers that grown back on the place where they were missing when I rescued him are also a bit damaged, but God willing the new ones will grow better (both Balsa's and Strophe's Wink ) Fingers crossed

Last edited by Rosa on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, editing errors again! :$)
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:23 pm

I hope so too!

Actually, I've got a long list of requests for better tail feathers, especially for Sammy, who backs into everything, constantly damaging her tail feathers, and Hercules, who is just clumsy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strophe goes adventuring   Strophe goes adventuring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strophe goes adventuring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Pets-
Jump to: