Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

No rest for the wicked

Go down 
+14
Jackie\'s Mom
priya
EgypSwiftLady
jamy
Capuccino
plamenh
AZJourney
Dolly
Jenaka
Cynthia
Matilda
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Teresa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 am

Quote :
I believe he thinks my face and my hands are three separate entities: the first is always present when food arrives, so that's good! The other two trespass into the cage, remove things from the cage to clean them (how dare they!) and grab him occasionally, so they are enemies and deserve growlings and wingslaps!

No, no, pigeons know exactly that face and legs and hands are one package. It is scientifically proven that pigeons' perception of the people is as one whole.
When Carla is hungry, she comes and gently pecks at my hands, once finished with feeding, she climbs up my hand to rest at the shoulder and preens my ear. When she is not hungry, I may get wing slap if she doesn’t feel like being disturbed, or she will snuggle head in my palm to preen her.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 pm

plamenh wrote:
Quote :
I believe he thinks my face and my hands are three separate entities: the first is always present when food arrives, so that's good! The other two trespass into the cage, remove things from the cage to clean them (how dare they!) and grab him occasionally, so they are enemies and deserve growlings and wingslaps!

No, no, pigeons know exactly that face and legs and hands are one package. It is scientifically proven that pigeons' perception of the people is as one whole.
When Carla is hungry, she comes and gently pecks at my hands, once finished with feeding, she climbs up my hand to rest at the shoulder and preens my ear. When she is not hungry, I may get wing slap if she doesn’t feel like being disturbed, or she will snuggle head in my palm to preen her.
Smile

Awwwwwww, she's so sweet!

Oh well then, if Sammy knows that my face and my hands are all part of the same package, he only puts up with me for the food... Disappointed That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I think the new rescue is at the onset of PMV. Her head tilts a little and she can't fly straight -- or much at all. Poops have become softer, but she is still eating and drinking on her own. I'm giving her multivitamins with calcium in her drinking water.
We've been tentatively calling her Quatro (after Susie Q) but I'm not entirely convinced it's 'her'.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 pm

It could be PMV although other illnesses have similar symptoms to PMV and so I would not rule them out. Others to take into concideration would be E-coli and salmonilla.
We need a thread on Illneses that have symptoms similar to PMV.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Matilda wrote:

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 121820
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:08 am

Matilda wrote:
It could be PMV although other illnesses have similar symptoms to PMV and so I would not rule them out. Others to take into concideration would be E-coli and salmonilla.

Immediate analogy will be with Salmonella
that has symptoms simmilar to
Ornithosis, Coccidiosis, worm infestation, organ form of Trichomoniasis
and they have symptoms simmilar to
Infectious catarrh, E.coli infection, salivary calculi (sialoliths), Adenovirosis, Candidiasis, Herpes virosis.
Smile Soo, where do we start? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:14 am

plamenh wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Immediate analogy will be with Salmonella
that has symptoms simmilar to
Ornithosis, Coccidiosis, worm infestation, organ form of Trichomoniasis
and they have symptoms simmilar to
Infectious catarrh, E.coli infection, salivary calculi (sialoliths), Adenovirosis, Candidiasis, Herpes virosis.
No rest for the wicked - Page 10 458406 Soo, where do we start? No rest for the wicked - Page 10 641122

With a new thread! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 am

Good idea, something like :
"Comparative analysis of disease symptoms in Columba Livia"
I'm for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 am

What's a Columbia Livia? No rest for the wicked - Page 10 164371 How about...Pigeon illnesses with symptoms similar to PMV?! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Matilda wrote:

plamenh wrote:
Good idea, something like :
"Comparative analysis of disease symptoms in Columba Livia"
I'm for it Smile

Matilda wrote:
What's a Columbia Livia? No rest for the wicked - Page 10 164371 How about...Pigeon illnesses with symptoms similar to PMV?! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_lol

While both suggestions are good, the latter would probably be a good title, given that's the main focus of your thread idea. Charis.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Crikey, that was quick! I've just read that very thread -- fantastic work, Plamenh!

When I get a new rescue in, I usually treat for Salmonella and canker right away, and then worms. But there haven't been any cases of those recently (that I have seen), and when I saw an almost exact repetition of Sammy's initial symptoms on the new rescue, I was too scared to give her an antibiotic, because that would make her get worse if it is PMV.
Her condition is stable -- no better, no worse. The only change is in the poops, which are now a bit spaghetti-like but also very smelly: the same had happened to Poppet, and it turned out he had survived PMV only to acquire Coccidiosis.
I'll try to post photos soon. I've been somewhat fluey and I don't have enough hours in the day between full-time work and full-time pigeons! (Mind you, I shouldn't spend over an hour waiting for Hercules to take his med bit by bit, or rock Sammy to sleep after his evening meal, but..........) Laughing
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Just be patient and wait these 4~6 weeks PMV to pass Teresa. You'll have two new pets, but these birds become very tame and it is a joy to have them. Smile I see that you are allready well getting into role of PMV babys' mommy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Take care of yourself, Teresa.
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:24 am

Matilda wrote:
Take care of yourself, Teresa.

Hear hear, (or is it Here Here?). Circle of Love

Janet

I always remember my mum saying to us when we were little, 'I don't have time to be ill'.
I understand that now.

Last edited by jamy on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:33 am

jamy wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Take care of yourself, Teresa

Hear hear. Circle of Love

Janet

I always remember my mum saying to us when we were little, 'I don't have time to be ill'.
I understand that now.

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 We_hop10

I remember that adage as well, Janet. How true it is!! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 7471
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 am

Matilda wrote:

That was a great No rest for the wicked - Page 10 487209 Charis.
Here's the link to the newly created thread. Thanks for starting it plamenh. No rest for the wicked - Page 10 142829
Pigeon illnesses with symptoms (similar to PMV)
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
jamy wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Janet

I understand that now.

I remember that adage as well, Janet. How true it is!! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 7471

Another amazing picture Cindy, I don't know how you do it. Way To Go

Janet
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 pm

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 753594 Janet. No rest for the wicked - Page 10 458406
Quite honestly, with me it's just pure luck. I have a very outdated camera that I use and refuse to part with, even though Chuck is always after me to get a new one.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
jamy wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Janet

I understand that now.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, what a lovely get-well card, Cindy! Many Thanks to you, the pretty pidgies, Charis Angel and Janet Angel! Group hug

The latest:
- I bought another 'hospital' cage and fitted it out for Hercules.
- Piper keeps checking him out. If she leans any further from her landing board, she'll fall off it, the shameless girl! That's too funny
- The new rescue, finally named Velvet stopped twisting her head after Ivermectin. It sounds crazy, but I think she was trying to scratch the back of her head, which had plenty of evidence of depluming mite! Which left the smelly poos and the emaciation, so I started giving her an antibiotic course.
- I've been restoring the wicker carrier, which was looking tatty.

More tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Teresa wrote:

The latest:
- I bought another 'hospital' cage and fitted it out for Hercules.
- Piper keeps checking him out. If she leans any further from her landing board, she'll fall off it, the shameless girl! That's too funny

- The new rescue, finally named Velvet stopped twisting her head after Ivermectin. It sounds crazy, but I think she was trying to scratch the back of her head, which had plenty of evidence of depluming mite! Which left the smelly poos and the emaciation, so I started giving her an antibiotic course.

- I've been restoring the wicker carrier, which was looking tatty.

More tomorrow!
No rest for the wicked - Page 10 164371

I'm glad to hear Velvet is doing better, Teresa.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:32 am

Oh Teresa, I see I am not the only one carrying sick birds around I love it/them
The time this all consumes is huge but I also could never let just go. If there is a need it has to be done. Which also answers my latest question...

Wishing you all the wonderful good wishes you were sending for Pina straight away back to your Sammy and the new rescue pijji and all the others.
Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Thank you, Petra! Thank You circling

Velvet is a lot better. After checking that the antibiotic didn't aggravate her condition in any way, I introduced Flagyl as well. Her poops have improved a lot, she is more alert, and -- typically for all my rescues -- she's started growling and wing-twitching... ROTFL I'm wondering if 'she' is in fact a 'he'...
Yesterday evening she finally got the idea of taking her med like a responsible grown-up rather than have it unceremoniously shoved down her throat. No rest for the wicked - Page 10 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm a kangaroo!

If my computer had a camcorder, this is what you'd see right now! That's too funny

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 DSCNB3573-r550
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:28 pm

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 914356 Are you walking around like that and keeping her close?She has a look like... No rest for the wicked - Page 10 840845 whatve I gotten myself into! No rest for the wicked - Page 10 114331 ... No rest for the wicked - Page 10 514260
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Yep! That's too funny

After eating, Sammy starts thrashing about -- unless I wrap him up like a burrito and carry him around everywhere! Then, when he gets sleepy I put the whole burrito in his bed and the bed in his cage. And he doesn't usually stir until the morning feeding time!

No rest for the wicked - Page 10 DSCNB3572-r550

He also likes being rocked and sung to... The funny look was because he doesn't like the camera! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No rest for the wicked   No rest for the wicked - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No rest for the wicked
Page 10 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next