Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

If you need an aviary

Go down 
+7
plamenh
jamy
Jenaka
Cynthia
Matilda
wolfwood
Little Fledgling
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

If you need an aviary Empty
PostSubject: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:53 pm

I've found a superb chap called Malcolm Pimlott who lives in Norwich (but who can deliver UK-wide). His panels start off from just over £15 and for the workmanship and materials used, is superb value.

The ebay link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aviary-Dog-Run-Cattery-Panels-6x3_W0QQitemZ160365062795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Birds?hash=item255680aa8b&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

His phone number is 01603 499549. I'm not gaining anything financially by recommending him. It's just that I struggled to find someone who first of all knew about animals and the kinds of shelter they need, and who could do the job for a really good price. He's really lovely too - a right comic!

Here's a photo of my aviary taken by Malcolm before he delivered it. It's all bolted together so that we can add in sections if and when we need them. We can make it longer or even turn it into a square.

If you need an aviary Aviary10
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:06 pm

That's wonderful!!! but, I must say, a bit of a tease as he can only deliver UK-wide!! Do you think he might make his plans available for those of us who are outside of his sales area??? There's always someone on here asking for plans....we've designed one very much like this and have created working plans...but nothing that is in any kind of shape to give to someone else to follow. Maybe if you asked him nice ... he'd consider selling the plans. Just a thought....
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Now that's a thought. I'm seeing him on Saturday so will broach the question! Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:30 pm

That aviary is beautiful and it would be easy to cover the top, too.
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Quote :
That aviary is beautiful and it would be easy to cover the top, too.

Woodies really prefer to be in the open. I had to cover my flight because of the fears of bird flu, until then the woodies insisted on roosting in the open, if it rained I would put branches over them.

But if you worry, Wendy, try covering half the flight with corrugated plastic. That gives them the choice but also lets them sit in the rain when they want to. Woodies love looking on the bright side of life...in the rain!
[
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:56 pm

LOL They look kind of miserable to me! Poor birdies.
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 pm

I would be interested in buying plans as well. I was thinking of making something like it, but I'm not too handy and I'm afraid I'd make it and it would fall apart. I'd rather have some plans to work from. It looks like the back end of your aviary is solid wood and not mesh?

Cute video Cynthia. The birds look very stoic. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Great idea posting that info Wendy. I'm going to ask him to give me a quote for an extension to my shed if he'll deliver to my area.

I know there are others about but having seen the standard of yours, I'd prefer to deal with someone who's tried and tested. If you need an aviary 142829

Janet
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Nice job!
I do plans and work myself, but this is worth admiring! Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:55 pm

I saw Malcolm again on Friday and he said all his plans are in his head. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can persuade him to part with them.

He's now made me a door to go on the roosting section. The little pigeons now go in there on their own at night and all I have to do is close the door. The door has a large mesh panel taking up most of the top, but Malcolm has made me a detachable panel which inserts over the top of the mesh which is lined with that stuff to stop builders falling off scaffolding. It's got teeny holes in it which are small enough to keep the wind off them, but still give airflow.

I'll try and pop a pic up tomorrow. Forgot to take one today. I usually pop the second mesh panel in around 10pm when I give them their final check of the night. Both panels also allow them to see dawn and dusk which is really important.

The total cost of the door and a panel to fit by the back of the aviary against our fence was all of £25 and the workmanship is smashing.

Here are some more pics of the aviary so you can see what it's like. I've since added a few perches in the roosting area which they prefer, although the shelves are still in there which are great to store food on at the back. These pics were taken by Malcolm before he delivered the aviary.

Wend.

If you need an aviary Aviary13

If you need an aviary Aviary14
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Just watched Cynthia's video. Bless them. They look like a couple of pensioners waiting for a bus in the rain. The eye on the right hand one did make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Quote :
I saw Malcolm again on Friday and he said all his plans are in his head. Leave it with me and I'll see if I can persuade him to part with them.
To part with his head? :WHAT?:
Poor Malcolm he did such a great job.
:That\\\'s so f Happy Dance :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:06 pm

It's a beautiful avairy. If you need an aviary 142829
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Little Fledgling wrote:

If you need an aviary Aviary13

If you need an aviary Aviary14

Thanks for the new photos. It's very nice, I'd love to have one like it. Is the end section with the roosting area all one piece? It looks very well made! Great job
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:33 am

plamenh wrote:
Quote :
To part with his head? :WHAT?:
Poor Malcolm he did such a great job.
:That\\\'s so f Happy Dance :That\\\'s so f

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Come on it was late and I'd had a long day!!

It all came in panels, so the roof, back and two side panels are bolted together inside. The doors were separate too and just screwed into place. He brought the whole lot to me in an estate car with some laying on the back (with the seats down) and some on the roof rack.

The roof has the felt 'blow torched' on so that it doesn't blow off. And it's the higher grade - not the thin stuff I put on my shed!

He's also put another layer of wood underneath it, so when and if anything starts to rot, the bottom bit can be slided out and replaced without disturbing the rest of the aviary.
Back to top Go down
Little Fledgling
Special Pigeon Angel
Little Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:10 am

Here are some pics of the new door with the removable screen in for night time to keep the wind off them, and the screen out specially for the summer months or if it's not freezing cold at night for the rest of the year.

If you need an aviary Pa100010

If you need an aviary Pa100012

Tweaty was modelling behind the door!
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:17 am

I love it Wendy,

Tweaty looks quite at home in there. Hi there/Bye

Janet
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:52 am

Little Fledgling wrote:
Here are some pics of the new door with the removable screen in for night time to keep the wind off them, and the screen out specially for the summer months or if it's not freezing cold at night for the rest of the year.

Tweaty was modelling behind the door!

I like the idea of the removable screen, Wendy. Great feature. If you need an aviary 142829

Love it!! If you need an aviary 52853
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Squid

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:20 am

Thats a gorgeous aviary, I just wish I had seen this post earlier, yours looks really well made......Tweaty looks well cosy pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:35 am

Love the aviary, and especially all the thought that went into it. If you need an aviary 142829
Naturally, my eyes are still dazzled after seeing Birdbarn's aviary, but I think Malcol did an excellent job.

The rainy day woodies must be enjoying the rain, because if they weren't they could just go and shelter, but they look like they're complaining about the weather! :That\\\'s so f
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:34 am

Great aviary Wendy # 1 nice workmanship and looks like the birds are quite comfortable in there. Wish i could get someone like that in India Oh brother but again even if i did i don't have the space to house such a large one Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you need an aviary   If you need an aviary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you need an aviary
Page 1 of 1