Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Living with Petrie~

Go down 
+10
Cynthia
NiteOwl
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Birdbarn
jamy
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
plamenh
AZJourney
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Thrilled Thanks Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm

pigeon 1 Every time I read this story, it makes me realize what wonderful caring people can do, making it so much better for the less fortunate critters of the world. pigeon 1

If we could get everyone to think like we all do about animals, the world would be a better place for all.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Birdbarn wrote:
pigeon 1 Every time I read this story, it makes me realize what wonderful caring people can do, making it so much better for the less fortunate critters of the world. pigeon 1

If we could get everyone to think like we all do about animals, the world would be a better place for all.

Wouldn't it though. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 803589
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Jenn...............Your are an amazing and wonderful woman. There are not enough adjectives to decribe all that you have done for these animals.

Reading the stories of Petrie and then of Shyla & Keanu brought tears to my eyes. They all look so happy and well adjusted. The quality of life you have given them is amazing.

God Bless You for all that you have done.

Thanks so much for sharing their stories with us.

Louise
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
Jenn...............Your are an amazing and wonderful woman. There are not enough adjectives to decribe all that you have done for these animals.

Reading the stories of Petrie and then of Shyla & Keanu brought tears to my eyes. They all look so happy and well adjusted. The quality of life you have given them is amazing.

God Bless You for all that you have done.

Thanks so much for sharing their stories with us.

Louise

Wow... Now I have tears in my eyes. pigeon 1 Thank You For such wonderful heartfelt words. Thank You
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 pm

I feel the same way, Jenn. The world is a much brighter place because you were born.
I am so touched by your special needs family and you...just the way you talk about them...your understanding and compassion... Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 6049

XOXO
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:15 am

Birdbarn wrote:

sigh...how true...
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am

priya wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:

sigh...how true...

I too....wish there was more of ALL of us. Indeed the world would be a better place!

Matilda wrote:
I feel the same way, Jenn. The world is a much brighter place because you were born.
I am so touched by your special needs family and you...just the way you talk about them...your understanding and compassion... Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 6049

XOXO

and... yet...more tears! Embarassed You know how I feel about you Charis.. I really, Love you more than words can say.
I always tell Ryland that when you meet someone who is just so special; they must be fallen stars... Star quality The North star leads the night sky as do you here on earth....
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Update: Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 373410

Well...... Once again, I am MOST HONORED by Cindy and Chuck's Amazing and Wonderful heart's! Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 116281 Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 116281

A few weeks ago, Cindy had emailed me and asked if we would consider taking in their sweet and precious, Rea Charles as a mate for our Blind pijie, Petrie. ((If you are new to PA, you can read Petries story here back on page 1 and Rae Charles story here: http://www.pigeonangels.com/t650-rae-charles

I have been apprehensive about whether or not this "love matching" would be a success with two blind birds... thus far I haven't heard of it ever being accomplished....and if it didn't work then... My number of birds would be 17 including Rae Charles.... all INDOORS! Plus +1 PMV feral dove I am treating! (((I have finally reached the limit to the saying, "WHAT'S ONE MORE Bird"!!nutter ))) But we ADORE Rae CHARLES!!!!!! so .... Thats THE new rule AFTER---> RAE Charles ...joins our gang! LOL Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 142829 Then Shame on them MORE!

So.... I will keep you all updated as soon as Rae Charles is here! I will Put her next to Petries cage for a month (or so) to get used to new sounds and smells....and then allow them play time out together...eventually leading .....to a permanent move for Rae Charles into her new diggs with her mate! Yep--- Thats how IT is allllll playing out in my head... so Lets just hope that these two get the memo on what is supposed to go down! Right on LOL!!!! (( SO glad our bird room Finally has DRAWN plans on an upgrade!! We will be saving up for the materials to make it happen by the end of Summer!))

And sooooo.....yet once again... we can't Thank Cindy and Chuck enough---for extending their feathers and hearts to Don, Ryland and I! Phoenix will be thrilled to have HER here as will WE! ........

Stay Tuned for future news from The Phipps Flock! Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 23878
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

That's wonderful, Jenn! Thrilled

It may just be a first, to have a blind couple! I've never heard of another case either. I hope they get on beautifully together, and hope you will update often on the progress of the two superstars! Happy
Star quality Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 Star quality

Cindy, Chuck and Jenn... YOU rock Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Thank You circling Teresa!!!!!! That's too funny It is Wonderful News isn't it! cheers Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 We are all very excited! Both Rae Charles and Petrie are VERY sweet lil' birds who deserve this! So cross your fingers for a little Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 Circle of Love Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 to be in the air! We absolutely WILL keep you updated!

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi Jenn, Hi there/Bye
Again, many thanks to you, Don and Ryland for opening your home and hearts to Rae Charles. Universal hug Pigeon angel
She is the one I have worried about the most.

She has learned a new trick when she gets excited.I love it/them Such a character. You can tell she is sooo proud of herself.
I'm hoping after we get her settled in at your place she will 'perform'.

Travel update:
Chuck and I will taking Rae Charles to Jenn's place on Saturday. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 142829
It will be great to see them all again and of course visit with the furry and feathered babies.
We can hardly wait to see Phoenix and Baya. Thrilled

See ya on Sat!! Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video Picture(s)/video of the meeting... pleeeeeeeeeeeease!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Rae Charles is settled in right next to Petrie. As soon as I put her in her cage, Petrie began cooing up a storm and circling like there was no tomorrow. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 142829
Although he couldn't see her, I just have a feeling he could sense her presence. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 116281

Chuck and I had a wonderful visit with Jenn, Don and Ryland. Love that kid!! Star quality
We thank you again for the wonderful visit and lunch. Universal hug

I'm sure Jenn will get some pictures posted soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 am

AZWhitefeather wrote:
Rae Charles is settled in right next to Petrie. As soon as I put her in her cage, Petrie began cooing up a storm and circling like there was no tomorrow. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 142829
Although he couldn't see her, I just have a feeling he could sense her presence. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 116281

Chuck and I had a wonderful visit with Jenn, Don and Ryland. Love that kid!! Star quality

WONDERFUL!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance Happy Dance

I'm delighted the humans had a great day too! I love it/them Great job Celebrate
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Teresa wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:

WONDERFUL!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance Happy Dance

I'm delighted the humans had a great day too! I love it/them Great job Celebrate

It was really fun to watch. Circle of Love

I wish you could have joined us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

AZWhitefeather wrote:
I wish you could have joined us. Smile

Ah, but I was thinking about you guys all day! Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 395766 Happy Universal hug

Fascinating, what you said about Petrie sensing Rae's presence. I wonder if it was her smell, her voice (if she 'spoke') or some kind of sixth sense... Hmmm
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi All! Celebrating

Well.....I wish I had a better update, but I have had to postpone getting the Picture(s)/video up and I sincerely apologize. It seems Petrie is a bit under the weather. Having a bad day Poor guy. I have his heat lamp on him... which he is sitting very near it... but his poops aren't looking so great and he just isn't acting like himself. His one blind eye seems a tad swollen then normal... so I have started him on a round of Baytril and his eye drops as well. I have taken Rae Charles and moved her away from him for the time being.... Just for safe measures!

As soon he is feeling better, I will have an update on the blossoming romance. Fingers crossed

I can SAY; Rae Charles is just THE MOST sweetest BIRD ever! I thought my Willow was a snuggle bug.. But Rae Charlie takes the cake! That's too funny I have to force myself to put her back in her cage! I just adore her!! Jumpin for joy And Teresa~ Petrie most surly hears her... the first day... he knew right away that something "new" was going on next to his house! and he was spinning around to try and find her! It was soooo cute to see him so curious about her!

Well I guess that's it for now. I will keep you all updated! Have a blessed day!!! Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

And.... To Chuck and Cindy!

Thank You circling Thank You Thank You circling for bring Rae to us!!!!
We had a wonderful time with you both! ((Many Apologies for sending you on a wild goose chase for our house too!)) Sorry
Tell Chuck, that Ryland put his business card in his room on his "special" shelf! Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 279675 # 1 it takes a lot to be placed there!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Awww, poor darling Petrie, I hope he's feeling much better now! Give him a kiss from me! Circle of Love

I don't know if it's Petrie and Rae's magic, or the way you tell it, I couldn't decide whether to grin or cry as I read your post... and ended up doing both! Embarassed (Don't tell anybody!)
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 am

I'm sorry Petrie isn't feeling up to par, Jenn. Very sad
How is his eye doing today? Better I hope. Fingers crossed

We hear ya on having to force yourself to put Rae Charles back in her home.
Chuck and I would 'cuddle' with her several times a day. We so enjoyed doting over her. Circle of Love She is a little love.

I agree, it was pretty amazing how quickly Petrie reacted to Rae Charles. I love it/them Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 395766
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 am

Good Morning! Feeling great
They are up and cooing this morning... The good news is his poops are more solid now. But he still isn't acting himself. He is normally very active and explores his cage and the bird room when he is out n about. So when he gravitates to his heat lamp.... I know all is not as well as it seems. Bless his Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 ! I talked to Charis last night via IM and she mentioned that it would not be a bad idea to treat with Spartrix for 3 days. I will add that beginning tonight. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 142829 and hope that in a few days time he will be feeling better! Fingers crossed If you remember I had mentioned I just switched feed...and that very well could have been what stressed him out... as he wasn't liking the new stuff at all. Not feeling well which makes me feel awful... BUT our feed stores down here literally make me irate when there is BUGS in every bag of seed! One was Excello too! Seeing red/mad so Cindy when we bring the carrier if you could send us the address of where you buy yours ... Don and I will run and get a 50lb bag before heading home!

Our house is a wee bit busy....

Cindy... Im not sure WHAT is wrong with my brain.. but yesterday Ryand says, Mom this dove couldn't have hit the window... because the one that hit the window was a white tipped winged dove and Bella is a ringneck! THEN Don and I remembered he is RIGHT! sigh....... Heaven help me I Think I need a VACATION! Shock

so..... neurological from a spinal injury from a window hit is unlikely. All I can say is caring for a bird with PMV is not an easy task. and down right frustrating at times...when you feel SO COMPLETELY hopeless! I thought Crash was bad when he had POX but this ... trumps that! I must adjust her hundreds of times in a day. And as soon as I do.. she settles down and falls back to sleep. The good news on Bella is.. that she is eating on her own.. I only supplement so that she gets enough now! When she eats her head stays upright...but when she preens then she hits that one angle and ~ swoop ~ over the head goes. Oh brother
It seems so UNFAIR! I have NO idea
and thats the morning scoop! Great job
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for the update, Jenn! Thank You circling
It's great to know that Petrie is feeling a little better. Hope he continues to improve! Feeling great

Poor Bella, and poor you, it's so heartbreaking to see them having seizures! My Sammy still has them, but considering that she had to be hand fed for 7 months, any improvement is appreciated. Best wishes for little Bella, I hope she makes a good recovery. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:42 am

I hope Petrie continues to improve, Jenn.
The 'new' food could be part of the culprit of him not feeling well, but I don't think it would have caused his eye to swell.

It's great that Bella is eating on her own. Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 116281

Idea/thought If I know a couple days in advance of when you will be coming up this way, perhaps I can get over to the feed store and pick up a bag of the seed.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I hope Petrie is better, Jenn, and that Rae Charles is settling in well! Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 983488 Feeling great
Best wishes for Bella, too!

Cindy, I hope the bag of seed is for Jenn's birds, not for your human visitors... That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living with Petrie~
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next