Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Living with Petrie~

Go down 
+10
Cynthia
NiteOwl
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Birdbarn
jamy
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
plamenh
AZJourney
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:49 am

Teresa wrote:
AZWhitefeather wrote:
I wish you could have joined us. Smile

Ah, but I was thinking about you guys all day! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766 Happy Universal hug

Fascinating, what you said about Petrie sensing Rae's presence. I wonder if it was her smell, her voice (if she 'spoke') or some kind of sixth sense... Hmmm

Teresa - I am sure they have a means of communicating with one another that we humans cannot hear. I am curious to know whether there have been done any tests checking whether they can create any ultrasonic sound like bats or "talk" in such high-frequency sounds that we cannot hear any more - because obviously communicating they can with one another without us hearing anything at all.
Sometimes I even think they have something like telepathic skills Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 106767
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 am

Jenn - sending you much energy to keep it going. Sorry to hear that you are so overwhelmed but caring for sick birds is stressful especially when we love them so much.
Try not to ever give up - things are getting better again. Looking forward to pics of the new lovers. It is such a wonderful story with both of them. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488

Sending you lots of Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
I am sure they have a means of communicating with one another that we humans cannot hear. I am curious to know whether there have been done any tests checking whether they can create any ultrasonic sound like bats or "talk" in such high-frequency sounds that we cannot hear any more - because obviously communicating they can with one another without us hearing anything at all.
Sometimes I even think they have something like telepathic skills Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 106767

They seem to use a lot of body language too, and that includes eye movements and expressions. I don't know about telepathy (now wouldn't that be cool!) but if that's the case, when Hercules looks me straight in the eye and focuses his pupils with what looks like a frown, I'm very glad I can't hear what he's thinking, because I'm sure there would be bad words in there somewhere... Wink That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Jenn,

We're on pins and needles here waiting for news... or even photos... Hope soon you'll have a chance to let us know how your babies are doing! Fingers crossed Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:33 am

Teresa wrote:
Hi Jenn,

We're on pins and needles here waiting for news... or even photos... Hope soon you'll have a chance to let us know how your babies are doing! Fingers crossed Tickled Pink

cheers Good News Report!!! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 373410

Petrie has Picture(s)/video picture perfect poops! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 116281 His eye swelling is coming down nicely and he seems to be roo~cooing much more. I have Moved Rae Charlie's cage BACK .... next to Petries cage, and it is just hilarious... because he KNOWS Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766 she is there!!! He does fan tail drags STRAIGHT at her!((even tho' theres cages between them)) and then ... Rae Charlie.... stands up a little taller...as if to say.... hmmm, "You looking at me handsome!" Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 46723 The most interesting thing to Don and I is;
Petrie normally gets startled when you touch him... even if you announce your arrival. Normally he will try to peck at you if you try to pet him... until he knows for certain "who" it is! but as of late.... since Rae has moved in next door... he is EVER so gentle.....and now it's more like he just is using his beak... to feel if she is there or not!
I'm going to give them some time together at the end of the week towards the weekend and see how they do. No worries I 'll get the Video of it too!!! Star quality

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm

What a wonerful update, Jenn. Thank You
I'm so glad Petrie is doing much better. YESS!!

Chuck is out of town and has been asking me every day if I've heard anything, so this will be a wonderful update to give him. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 142829

I can just see those two. Bless their hearts. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488

We'll be looking forward to the video. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Woo hoo Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled
I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Lost for words... thank goodness Cindy for emoticons!!!

Jenn, you totally made my day! Happy Dance Universal hug
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am

Teresa wrote:
Woo hoo Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled
I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Lost for words... thank goodness Cindy for emoticons!!!

Jenn, you totally made my day! Happy Dance Universal hug

Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 321758 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 321758 Ha!Ha!Ha! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 321758 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 321758 Anything to help a fellow Pigeon angel That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Laughing It's wonderful to have good news, but this budding love story between Petrie and Rae Charles is just SOOO moving, especially the way you tell it!

God bless them both, and you and Cindy too, for the vision and the generosity to bring together two kindred little souls who are finding such happiness together!

Roll on the weekend! Great job Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Sad news... I just saw today on Jenn's Facebook page that little Bella, the dove suffering from PMV, didn't make it. Very sad
As Jenn beautifully put it, "she was needed in Heaven"... but she knew the hands of an angel before she went!

Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Angelbabydove
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 12:49 pm

I am so sorry, Jenn, to hear that Bella went pver the rainbow. This is so sad. Very sad Very sad Very sad Very sad
Sending you comforting thoughts with much love Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Not feeling well losing her was hard. It has been my first rescue that we have had to make the choice to put to sleep. Not feeling well Its difficult when you know that you yourself.... wont EVER give up.... but I also know that there is only so much we can ask of a bird to endure. She suffered from terrible PMV fits...which she spent all of her days upside down..because her head was constantly twitching... I would prop her up many times a day.... her head was losing all of it's feathers from the friction and getting opened sores. Along with ...the underside of her wings being bloodied from her nails....catching while trying to right herself up. I knew what had to be done.. but phoned Charis... just so someone could hear me out. I thank her endlessly for speaking these words to me; "Jenn, no one is going to think less of you if you decide to have her put to sleep....sometimes" she said, " it is times like this when we need to see it as setting them free." These WORDS... turned out... were delivered at the most divine time. I hung up the phone when not more than 5 minutes after that, Bella... literally caught her scab on the back of her head and pretty much scalped the entire back of her head. She lost a lot of blood. ..... I think there are no words... to describe the lump in my throat...and the words; that she needed to be set free, were like a literal stab at my heart. We buried her underneath the bird feeders outside, as her mate is a constant visitor looking for her. Very sad Very sad Very sad Life seems so unfair during moments like this.... But I also know that perhaps my lesson in all of this is to realize that, Sometimes being Strong means letting go. pigeon 1 Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 35455 She was needed in heaven, and I know that she is free.... where she'd want to be.

sigh.... eekkk... Im afraid I must be off for now, I am finding I need a tissue yet again. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 284997
Back to top Go down
gorabbitgo

gorabbitgo

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm so sorry, AZJourney, to read of your loss.

It sounds like you did everything you could to give Bella the best life, and the kindest release, anyone could have.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Poor little Bella... that was no life! Very sad It was best to let her go... I'm glad that after you spoke to Charis you realised that you weren't giving up on her, but rather doing the only thing your loving heart could do to release her from her terrible suffering.

I've had to take a decision like that and I know how heart wrenching it can be. The patient was my cat Susie, my companion of 21 years. She had terminal cancer, and was getting weaker despite the weekly visits to the vet's.
One night she barely managed to stand up and her eyes were looking beyond me. I knew then that the vet would no longer be able to help her with the pain, that it was time to let her go. I held her in my arms all night, crying softly. In the morning the vet confirmed what I feared. He let me stay in the room, stroking her, as he administered the anaesthesia. I just said, 'I love you Susie, you go to sleep now, baby'. Her weak heart stopped straight away, before the second injection. The vet was crying, the nurse was crying, but I wasn't -- my baby wasn't suffering any more.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:44 pm

gorabbitgo wrote:
I'm so sorry, AZJourney, to read of your loss.

It sounds like you did everything you could to give Bella the best life, and the kindest release, anyone could have.

Thank you your words are comforting and appreciated. Pigeon angel

Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Teresa wrote:
Poor little Bella... that was no life! Very sad It was best to let her go... I'm glad that after you spoke to Charis you realised that you weren't giving up on her, but rather doing the only thing your loving heart could do to release her from her terrible suffering.

I've had to take a decision like that and I know how heart wrenching it can be. The patient was my cat Susie, my companion of 21 years. She had terminal cancer, and was getting weaker despite the weekly visits to the vet's.
One night she barely managed to stand up and her eyes were looking beyond me. I knew then that the vet would no longer be able to help her with the pain, that it was time to let her go. I held her in my arms all night, crying softly. In the morning the vet confirmed what I feared. He let me stay in the room, stroking her, as he administered the anaesthesia. I just said, 'I love you Susie, you go to sleep now, baby'. Her weak heart stopped straight away, before the second injection. The vet was crying, the nurse was crying, but I wasn't -- my baby wasn't suffering any more.

I love and adore your heart Teresa. Thank You for sharing such a wonderful of story of courage. I am blessed to consider you among my friends. Universal hug Feeling great Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 Feeling great
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
I am so sorry, Jenn, to hear that Bella went pver the rainbow. This is so sad. Very sad Very sad Very sad Very sad
Sending you comforting thoughts with much love Universal hug Universal hug

Smile Thank you Petra, your comforting thoughts are VERY much appreciated.... For me, I have learned that only a person who see's these beautiful birds for who they really are... understands the LOVE Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 983488 that we all have for them.. so your words mean a lot! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Universal hug Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 pm

I am so very sorry to hear about Bella. Jenn. Very sad
She was such a beautiful little dove.

I know how hard it was for you to let her go.
Sending you, Don and Ryland a BIG Universal hug

"May you forever fly high and fly free, sweet Bella"
pigeon 1
:
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 am

AZWhitefeather wrote:
I am so very sorry to hear about Bella. Jenn. Very sad
She was such a beautiful little dove.

I know how hard it was for you to let her go.
Sending you, Don and Ryland a BIG Universal hug

"May you forever fly high and fly free, sweet Bella"
pigeon 1
:

Smile Thank You Cindy! The day you were here when you saw how she flailed about is about how it progressed in the days ahead. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766 it was VERY Hard...... But had I kept her here it would have been abuse. My heart will mend. Thank You for you for your words Cindy! You and Chuck are family to us.

.... The GREAT news is... I'm on my way upstairs to see how Crash does while out with Rae today. I am curious on how he will react with her. I have NO idea All I know... is she is ONE cuddle bug... she LOVES to be held and there is no shortage of hands to hold her here! cheers Will keep it all updated here! Happy Fourth to all of you! Thrilled
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:51 pm

I'll be looking forward to hearing how Rae and Crash get on!
I love all pigeons, but special needs pigeons especially so. In their closer interaction with us they become so good at teaching us about them and their needs, and also about ourselves and how blessed we are! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Cuddle bug is a wonderful description of Rae Charles. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Teresa wrote:
I'll be looking forward to hearing how Rae and Crash get on!
I love all pigeons, but special needs pigeons especially so. In their closer interaction with us they become so good at teaching us about them and their needs, and also about ourselves and how blessed we are! Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766

I totally agree, Teresa. Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 395766
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living with Petrie~   Living with Petrie~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living with Petrie~
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3