Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home

Go down 
+2
NiteOwl
Ivor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ivor

Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Empty
PostSubject: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm in SF and I'm looking for a home for my two babies, they are both adults and mates, Chulo was in a very bad condition when I found him, not able to stand by himself it was very bad but he is a normal bird now, he had been with me for a long time now, then I found Geneva in my back yard, she was not able to fly and was crashing with the paviment and go backwards, anyways we took her to the vet and couldn't say exactly what she got, anyways in the mean time Geneva and Chulo fall in love, Geneva looks like a normal bird sometimes when she is scare doesn't fly that well, but normally she does, other than that they are both fine..
Now I need a home for them here in CA I don't mine to drive and take them to a nice home with more birds will be the ideal.

They are very sweet but I can't keep them at home, they need a big space now that are normal the house is small and I have another bird, they don't want to be in a cage and I only have one cage, so you can imagine all the work trying to clean, and all the problems that I'm getting at home. :(

Please let me know if someone here is interested. I'll take them to the place, I also want to make sure that they will be in good hands and spoil like they are now.

I'll attach some pics later, Thanks a lot

Ivette
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Gee it will be nice seeing pics of them. It was wonderful of you to help them back to health. How long have you had Geneva? What was the problem with Chulo? I sure hope you find a good home for the two of them. And welcome to Pij-N-Angels. Welcome
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: ~~Photo~~ Of the sweet couple!   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Chulo_10
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Ah~ Ivette! They are just so SWEET! Circle of Love I hope you don't mind that I posted their Picture... I know you have a thousand things on your mind! Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home 142829 ((HUGS))
I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for a special forever home for this sweet couple! pigeon 1 Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home 35455
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

So Ivette...you don't know for sure they are PMV survivors, you just suspect that...right?
At the time you received each, did the vet check their poop for bacteria right away?

About how long have they been in your care?

Last edited by Matilda on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

They're very pretty birds.
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Thank you so much for posting the pictures Jenn, I found Geneva on Feb 20th, around that time, I don't know how she came to my back yard because she was not able to fly, every time she was trying she was crashing on the paviment, I posted on PT as a very strange condition, Chulo had been with me for a really long time, he was different he had PMV and had seizures very constantly, and couldn't hold his head straight at all, but Chulo es the one that look bigger, he is very active and spoil, didn't show any symptoms any more.

Geneva is flying very good now, she was on cipro for over than a week, sometimes if she feels scare she can show something of her illness, but not very often, they are both very active and fly all over the house she doesn't want to sleep in the cage anymore, and I only have one cage, and 3 birds.. so you can imagine how I get complaints all the time, and they need a bigger space probably with other pigeons will be the best.

I can drive any distance around California or some other place close.
Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Matilda wrote:
So Ivette...you don't know for sure they are PMV survivors, you just suspect that...right?
At the time you received each, did the vet check their poop for bacteria right away?

I didn't take Chulo to the vet, but I read everything about PMV and he present the same symptoms, with Geneva I'm not sure, George went to the vet and she gave him different possibilities because the symptoms were different but we didn't do any test, just to visit the vet was $100 so I couldn't spend more to do other test.

Geneva is much better, but you are right she probably had something different but now she is just doing well, hard to say what it was, Phil said that could be PPMV, but again it was a mistery.

Ivette
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 pm

AZJourney wrote:
Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Chulo_10

Jenn that picture is so lovely, you should be a photographer... That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Ivor wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I didn't take Chulo to the vet, but I read everything about PMV and he present the same symptoms, with Geneva I'm not sure, George went to the vet and she gave him different possibilities because the symptoms were different but we didn't do any test, just to visit the vet was $100 so I couldn't spend more to do other test.

Geneva is much better, but you are right she probably had something different but now she is just doing well, hard to say what it was, Phil said that could be PPMV, but again it was a mistery.

Ivette

My worry with saying that a bird has PMV when it hasn't been varified, is that there are many other illnesses that are often mistaken for PMV and therefore never treated.

Neurlogical symptoms in Pigeons can be caused by spoiled seed,fungus, bacterial infections, toxins, the ingestion of lead or metal, parasites, dehydration and several different viruses including PMV.
I understand that we have been conditioned to think of PMV first when we see a bird convulsing or with the neck contorted or crash flying but when we see that, it may not be PMV at all. As best I can, I would like to change that perception for the good of the Pigeons we love and want to help.
I know it can be crazy expensive to take a bird to the vet and as some of us just seem to be sick Pigeon magnets, there is always another Pigeon that finds us and needs help.
The best is to develope a relationship with a vet that is willing to examin Pigeon's poop and tell us what they see. They can't by law, sell medications unless the actually examine the Pigeon but if medication is needed, finding it is not all that difficult.
I honestly didn't mean to high jack your thread, Ivette. To be true to myself, I needed to say what I did just now.
I appreciate your kind heart and all you do for the creatures you come across that need help. You are one in a million. I hope we can find a good home for Chulo and Geneva. I love their picture.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Chulo and Geneva are very pretty birds, Ivette. flower
I wish the best for both of them. Circle of Love

Thanks for posting their picture, Jenn. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm having too many problems at home because the pigeons, and is hard for me to leave them out there when I find them sick, George takes the pigeons most of the time but sometimes he is busy and can't take more birds, and believe me not that many people have the time or space for them, I live in my uncle's house, I rent a portion of his house, but I understand that he doesn't want me to keep them and to have more birds, I can't release them because I'm afraid that something else can happen out there or can come back to them the same illness.

Like I said I'm just tired about hearing every day the same song, when are they leaving, if I was leaving by myself I'll keep them, but that is impossible right now, having my own place here in SF is just a dream right now, they all get fine and didn't see any contagious from anything, they all eat in the same plates and drink the same water.
I don't have that many friends here that are into pigeons or animals except people from PT or PA, I don't know any vet, George is the one that knows the vet but even that he always pays when he visit her.

Anyways, if someone will like to have these babies and care about them, I'll really appreciate it please let me know.

Ivette
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 am

They're very pretty. I hope you find them a home.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 am

It's unfortunate that you are having these problems and I hope very soon that you find a wonderful home for these two.

I wish we could help you but we are in thew midwest. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
It's unfortunate that you are having these problems and I hope very soon that you find a wonderful home for these two.

I wish we could help you but we are in thew midwest. 🇳🇴

Thank you Robin, I appreciate your words.

Ivette
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home   Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chulo and Geneva ex PMV pigeons need a new home
Page 1 of 1