Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our little Pina is quite sick

Go down 
+5
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
priya
Matilda
pigeonwriter
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Charis, you are absolutely right. I spend nearly the whole day on the internet, checking what I could find. So I came across a German website where part of the following homeopathic remedies are used for birds, the rest has been used by Plamenh and Cynthia, so these are definitely not toxic. The ones marked with a * are part of my remedy combination:

ACONITUM NAPELLUS

ARNICA MONTANA

ARSENICUM ALBUM *

BELLADONNA

GRAPHITES

LYCOPODIUM

NUX VOMICA *

PULSATILLA *

SULFUR

ARGENTUM NITRICUM *

CARBO VEGETABILIS *

STIBIUM SULFURATUM NIGRUM *

So I will go ahead and give Pina 1/4 of a tablet twice for the night. We will see what happens.

The pretty nice thing is that under the latin name you look these up in every language.

Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Cindy, thank you so much for your kind thoughts too! That animated little picture is so cute!!! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:06 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:

* Cindy, thank you so much for your kind thoughts too!

** That animated little picture is so cute!!! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488

* You're most welcome, Petra. Smile

** I love it that the dove is carrying a letter. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:00 am

I have good news:
Pina has not vomited during the night!! Whether this was because I stopped giving her Spartrix too or whether this was the 1/4 tablet of Gastricumeel - I certainly do not know. Fact is that even as she had eaten some seeds in the late afternoon again - appetite is a good sign too - she got her baby cereal with applesauce and the remedy. She had a good night sleep, her poops have firmed up although not perfectly and she did not vomit.

This morning she received her formula again and after a waiting time I gave her the baytril and immediately afterwards a tiny amount of applesauce again to compensate the bad taste. After the medicine I gave her another 1/4 tablet of the Gastricumeel and she did not even gag once.

Later in the morning she had a splashing bath on the balcony and then took her time off.
My little darling is on the way of recovery! Fingers crossed cheers Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 395766
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:46 am

Petra......I am absolutely thrilled Happy Dance Hip Hip Hooray Thrilled YESS!! that Pina is feeling so much better.

Please keep us posted as to her progress.

Louise
Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 am

Thrilled Happy Dance I am so glad Pina is doing so much better, Petra. Happy Dance Thrilled

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 116281 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 789920 Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 am

What wonderful new to wake up to! cheers
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 am

I'm so glad that Pina is feeling better Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 116281 I'll keep my fingers Fingers crossed for her continued good health.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 am

Thank you all for your good wishes! Now "I can work on her poop"! There is another remedy from Heel that is specifically for diarrhea - I am going to buy this too and try it on Pina. Maybe it will help. The contents cannot do any harm. The worst that can happen is that it does not work.

Homeopathic remedies support and boost the body's own self-healing powers. This is exactly what I need for Pina because she is a fighter. When I think about what she has been through in her life already and she is not even one year old Hmmm then I have to try everything to make her even stronger... Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Petra,

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier (it's been hectic over here!), but I'm so glad to hear that Pina is improving!
Good detective work on the homeopathic medication as well! I hope it works really well, and it will be something else that we have learned to help our patients.

The bright green colour and oily look of the initial poops look just like starvation poops. She was probably not feeding herself properly out there because of the infection, or she was vomiting after eating. Clever of her to come to you for help! Pigeon angel

Best wishes for you both! Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 am

Thank you Teresa Thank You circling Thank You circling
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: A relapse - Pina is sick again   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 am

Pina is sick again! Oh no

Apparently I am not so lucky to have healthy pijjies for a longer time. I am really shocked that my little princess is vomiting again and she's lost all the weight again she gained after her last infection. I am keeping her in the box again, started another canker treatment with Spartrix although she has a clear mouth. But the signs are there - penguin stance, vomiting, diarrhea.

I feed her formula again in smaller quantities and today I ordered Bene Bac and Calcivet. I hope the Bene Bac will take care of her gut flora. I am quite depressed about her relapse and really hope she can fully recover again. I think that the PMV virus has made her immune system weak and also I think that she overdoes a bit when she is outside. She is the same caliber as Willy, a nervous and very sensitive bird and always wants to enforce something.

She is not listless though - on the contrary - she wants to get out and I really have my difficulty to "convince" her that this is not a good idea at the moment.

The whole is like a rollercoaster. Additionally my hubby is sick at the moment and has high fever although today it is better again. Oh my - as Teresa says "no rest for the wicked"
Having a bad day Having a bad day
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm, so sorry Pina isn't feeling well, Petra...I would worm her too.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Thank you Charis. The problem is I don't have any. I cannot get this without prescription here in Germany - as usual. You are using Ivermectine - do you?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Very sad Poor Pina.
I agree, the penguin pose can be a sign of canker.

I'm glad to see that she does have some 'spunk' to her. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 142829

Please keep us posted on how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Petra...if you can find it on line, moxidectin plus, by the Australian Pigeon Company, would be a good wormer to have. It's safe and takes care of all worms, including tape worm and airsac mites.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Petra...........I am so sorry to hear that sweet little Pina I love it/them Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 I love it/them is not feeling well again. Not feeling well

I've been dealing with the pengiun stance, vomiting and diarrhea with many of my rescues lately. Because these symptons can represent so many different illness, it is almost impossible to decide on any one specific diagnosis. I have NO idea I agree with you that her PMV has propably weakened her immune system.

I have found that baby applesauce mixed with plain yougart in the formula does help with the vomiting.

Sending positive and healing thoughts your way. Group hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Sending healing wishes for dear Pina! Feeling great Circle of Love Hope she gets well soon.

Petra, PM me your address, I have 2 individual ampoules of Ivermectin that I can send immediately. My pet shop doesn't always have them, so I always have a couple spare in the house. Not as comprehensive as Moxidectin Plus, but a useful stop-gap.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 am

Teresa - you are my angel again. Sent you the address! Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 am

Matilda wrote:
Petra...if you can find it on line, moxidectin plus, by the Australian Pigeon Company, would be a good wormer to have. It's safe and takes care of all worms, including tape worm and airsac mites.

Thank you Charis Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:14 am

Teresa wrote:
Sending healing wishes for dear Pina! Feeling great Circle of Love Hope she gets well soon.

Petra, PM me your address, I have 2 individual ampoules of Ivermectin that I can send immediately.
My pet shop doesn't always have them, so I always have a couple spare in the house. Not as comprehensive as Moxidectin Plus, but a useful stop-gap.

Great job Teresa.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Teresa - you are my angel again. Sent you the address! Thank you so much!

Fingers crossed that the medication helps Pina recover from her recent setback. Fingers crossed Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 395766
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Thank you all Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 35455
Although the medicine is not here yet the vomiting seems to have subsided. I am feeding her small quantities of baby cereal with applesauce in intervalls of a few hours and keep her in her box most of the time. This hurts me most because I know how she loves flying. I really really hope that she will be okay soon again. It is like punishment for her when I have to keep her in the box... Very sad

This afternoon I let her eat some seed and grit - apparently she desperately needed it. We will see whether she is vomiting that during the night again.

Will keep you updated...
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Teresa wrote:

Petra, PM me your address, I have 2 individual ampoules of Ivermectin that I can send immediately. My pet shop doesn't always have them, so I always have a couple spare in the house. Not as comprehensive as Moxidectin Plus, but a useful stop-gap.

Teresa...that is wonderful. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm relieved to hear that Pina has been keeping the food down, and hope she'll keep down the seeds too.
She's been through so much for her young age, poor thing, but she'll soon be gracing the skies again! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 142829
The Ivermectin was sent at lunchtime today and should be there very soon. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our little Pina is quite sick
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next