Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our little Pina is quite sick

Go down 
+5
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
priya
Matilda
pigeonwriter
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:32 am

Thank you Teresa Pigeon angel

Yesterday Pina laid another egg in her box which she completely ignored again. So this comes in addition to her situation at the moment. At least there was no blood this time on the egg and it looked perfect.

During the night she vomited again a bit but not much and the Spartrix I gave her in the evening (she vomited the one in the morning) apparently stayed where it should have.
I gave her baby cereal this morning again and some calcium. Now she is standing in the box with the seeds and is eating again. At least she seems to have appetite.

She is very hectic today again, tries to escape whenever she can and flies in the appartment like crazy although it is so hot again and she soon starts to pant. I hope she soon calms down again - I hate to keep her in the box - it is like a prison for her. But somehow we have to sit this out!!!

And today is Pina's birthday - what a poop day! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 395766

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Happyb10

Pina is one year old now!
I wish you many many more to come my little darling!

Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 am

pigeon 1 pigeon 1 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 35455 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 35455

To a very special little

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Flower11

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Pina
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:32 am

Cindy, I knew you would do that! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Thank you so much for your greetings - I am giving Pina a big kiss from you!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 am

pigeonwriter wrote:

* Cindy, I knew you would do that! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488

** Thank you so much for your greetings -

*** I am giving Pina a big kiss from you
!

* Wink
** You are most welcome. Happy Dance
*** Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 142829 Thrilled
I am so hoping Pina has a good day, and you as well. Universal hug
Back to top Go down
feathers111

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:11 am

Good for you for helping Pina, Petra, and great responses from everyone to help her.
Unless I missed it in one of the posts, have you taken Pina to an avian vet? I have no knowledge of avian medicine, but I'm thinking that if the symptoms continue and she's going through these batteries of medications, only to have her symptoms recur, it may be time to have a vet give her a thorough examine.
Here are some resources, including a vet in Munich, that I pasted in from Charis's Resources list (Mainland Europe):

DR Doris Quinten
Franz-Fihl- Stressed 3
80992 Munich, Germany
089 140 4300
drquinten@aol.com
http/www.drquintrn.de/
Dr. Quinten has her own pet Pigeon that is non-releasable.

< U> Website for "city pigeons.deutschland":
stadttauben.de
This may be the best contact for most people, since it covers all of Germany.

A pigeon only forum
http://www.stadttaubenhilfe.org/

A website about feral and homer pigeons and doves.
http://www.stadttauben-online.de/index.html

Contact for wild birds and they can give you addresses.
http://www.wildvogelhilfe.org/aufzucht/auffangstationen.html

Das Vogelnetzwerk - a German forum about all sorts of birds, including chapters for pigeons and doves
http://www.vogelforen.de/

I hope that Pina's problem can be diagnosed soon, Petra, and that she pulls through!
All best,
Dan
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:55 am

Dan - thank you very much for trying to help. I know all these sources because I gave them to Charis. They are to be used with great care and mostly for people who have absolutely no experience with pigeons and need a start-up.

In my case I am not going to a vet because she would not do anything different than from what I am doing only with one big difference writing invoices which I cannot afford currently. Vet medicare in Germany is hardly affordable for people without own income or living on a very constraint budget...

The help I have received from this forum and exclusively from this forum has done more good to my birds than any vet would have been able to do. I am rather relying on people like Charis, Teresa, Cindy, Louise, Cynthia and others who have decades of experience with sick birds.

Please do not take this as offense for trying to help, Dan. Perhaps you may understand my attitude here.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:26 am

Petra..............Thinking of you. flower

How is little Pina I love it/them doing todayy?

I certainly hope that she is continuing to improve. Fingers crossed

Louise
Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:59 am

Louise - thank you so much! I love it/them I love it/them

Although Pina vomited a little bit during the night again her poops were much better for the first time since a couple of days - i.e. that she is digesting properly again. It is still not as it should be but normal colour again and formed.
Today I started treatment with Bene Bac Gel for her gut flora and I hope very much that this is repairing her immune system finally. Today also Teresa's de-wormer arrived but I think I will wait for a few days until I apply that.

Aside from all that - she behaves like a healthy bird, flies around in the appartment but has her quiet times in between. Apparently she has "unvoluntarily" accepted that she cannot get out at the moment. Yesterday she sat for an hour on the edge of my desk and taking a nap while I was on the computer. So she does not hate me for imprisoning her for the moment. Sorry

I also saw Paulchen yesterday on the balustrade, apparently looking for Pina. I told him that she is sick but I don't know whether he listened to me Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 46723

Tomorrow I will weigh her again and see whether she has gained a little bit weight again. This might be not very representative as she has not laid her second egg yet. At least she is regularly visiting the food bowl and is eating as well as drinking. I only give her 20 ml baby cereal with applesauce and johurt in the morning. For the rest of the day I let her eat by herself.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Happy Birthdaay Pinaaaaaaaaaaa (take note: I'm shouting)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I love it/them Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 116281 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 116281 Universal hug flower
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Petra,

Please tell Pina I'm sorry I missed her birthday yesterday. I hope she likes this message, and hope she will soon be flying as high as the pigeon in the picture! Circle of Love

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Earth-Angel-1
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm happy to hear that Pina is continuing to improve cheers

I think you are being wise to wait a few days with the wormer. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 395766 Let her get a little more strength back and lay that second egg first.

Sounds like she is resigned to stay inside for the time being. I wouldn't let her outside until you are 100% confident she is fully recovered. Poor Paulchen will just have to be patient. :lol!:

Louise
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:56 am

Oh i'm so sorry i missed Pina's birthday Sorry Sorry Sorry

But here's wishing our dearest darling Pina Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 belated birthday from me and Dev Celebrate crazy crazy
I hope she had a good day Petra :) did you give her any special treats? Smile

And little Pina will recover very soon and join sweet Paulchen out Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 395766 For now, she has to be a good girl and be inside till she recovers. Continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers for the sweet girl Universal hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:25 am

Hello everybody!
I have been away for quite some time due to a severe family emergency and could not post any updates but now I am back. Hi there/Bye

I am very happy to report that Pina has fully recovered and conquered her sickness. All I did was feeding her baby cereal with applesauce in order to give her more calories 3 times a day - because she had lost quite some weight - and an easy digesting, 20 ml each meal, added pro-biotic joghurt and gave her bene-bac regularly for 2 weeks, a pro-biotic gel that is supposed to repair the gut flora. Also she received calcivet, a highly concentrated calcium solution, one drop for four days and then a pause for a couple of days. I repeated this cycle for a few times. In between I let her eat seeds when she wanted to. Her poops started to firm up.

Regular weighing proved that she put on weight again and also I could feel more flesh on her body again. So I started to let her outside again - she loved it very much and enjoyed her new life again although Paulchen was hijacked by Winnie - so no partnership any more between Pina and Paulchen. Oh my.... :It's raining:

On the 8th of August Pina started to lay eggs again and I already thought that the whole misery would start all over again - as the last time when Pina was laying eggs - but it did not. On the contrary Pina started to breed and behave like a real little mother in spe although she had no partner. Her nest was/is beneath my working table in my studio/livingroom! So most of the time she was - and still is! - sitting on her plaster eggs. It was very funny to see her taking a tiny little break from time to time, hastily taking a little snack and a drink, stretching her legs and her wings and then she was and still is running back to her nest with her typical quick little steps. She is so incredibly sweet. I love it/them I love it/them

Did I tell you that Pina fell in love with Rudi - our string injury? Well - she still is and while Rudi was slowly improving but still enclosed in his box because I feared that he would hurt his feet again when I let him free in the appartment too soon - Pina was often sitting at his side outside the box and they "talked" to each other.

Since a week now I let Rudi free in the appartment (will be another story) and you should have seen this when I opened his box for the first time and let Pina and Rudi together. She immediately jumped into his box and lunged at him, immediately started to groom him like crazy and he was totally in ecstasy. What a view - and I totally forgot about the camera. Stupid me. Oh no

Yesterday I was very busy and suddenly missed Rudi. I could not find him in the appartment which is really not big but full of stuff - there are lot of potential hiding places. I knew that Pina was outside and thought that she might have left egg sitting finally. I also knew that Rudi could not have escaped - so I suddenly had the idea to look into Pina's nest. There he was, sitting on Pina's eggs although he had not even really mated with her. So Pina finally could fly outside a bit and have her free time. What do you say about this? Isn't this incredible? I never stop being amazed by these birds. They already behave like an old couple - so natural as if they had never done anything else and these eggs are not even "his"! It will be exciting how this story continues. I really hope that Pina has found her partner now - Rudi is a very sweet and attentive cock.

Btw - Pina does not need to be fed any more. She has a very good appetite since she is flying free again and her whole digestive tract seems to have healed completely. You cannot imagine how happy I am about this after she had been so sick for nearly one year and has been through so many bad things. She has become strong and healthy and she remains to be the most amazing pigeon girl I have ever met. Although she has Rudi now she still continues to play with me the feather game and is a close as ever. I love her very much...
Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488

The photos are Pina sitting on my favourite sculpture and on the headboard of our bed.

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 0725x010

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 0725x011

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 0725x012

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:50 am

Sweet update, Petra. I'm happy everything is going better for you and your. Hi there/Bye
I love that Rudi is foster dad to the plaster eggs. That's just too cute. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm thrilled to hear about Pina, Petra. YESS!!
And as usual, your pictures are wonderful. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 142829

I'm so glad things have settled down enough for you to be able to post again. Thrilled
We've missed you LOTS!! Universal hug
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm so happy to hear that Pina has fully recovered. YESS!! Your pictures of her are so sweet Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 I love it/them Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488

Rudi sound like a little sweetheart I love it/them That he would sit on her nest and plaster egg without ever mating with her is amazing. I'm so glad that they have eachother. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 395766

Glad that you are back, we missed you. Universal hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 am

Charis, Cindy and Louise - it is so heartwarming to hear this from you - thank you so much

sending a Universal hug
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 am

Petra that's such a heartwarming update Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488 Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488
I am so glad for little Pina and you Way To Go Universal hug

Felt really happy to read about her progress. And Rudi's commitment to her is incredible! That he should sit on the eggs even though he wasn't mated to her is just unbelievable and very very touching Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488
Very happy for Pina and Rudi Circle of Love beautiful pics!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

What a wonderful update, Petra! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

I'm so happy that Pina has recovered completely and is flying again! She deserved this happiness after such difficult beginnings, and knowing how fond you are of her, I'm very happy for you!
Rudi sitting on her eggs is truly extraordinary! What a gentlemanpidge! Circle of Love It's great that he continues to improve, and I hope the two of them will stay together and will be happy ever after!

Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 WeddingDoves-1

PS. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'd tried to before, but I was so tired the words were dancing in front of ny eyes! nutter
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 pm

What a beautiful picture, Teresa. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:27 am

Petra I'm so glad that Pina is doing better Great job

I just love the photos of her on the sculpture, she looks so happy. Feeling great Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:21 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Petra I'm so glad that Pina is doing better Great job

I just love the photos of her on the sculpture, she looks so happy. Feeling great Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488

And so do I! The sculpture is beautiful, and the photos of Pina on it are just precious! Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Thank you so much again for your sweet comments.

I apologize again Embarassed for being rarely in these days but i have so much to do at the moment - my time at the computer for the pijjies is awfully constraint but things are going well.

Pina is sitting on her eggs since 5 weeks now Oh no - strange isn't it? But I am quite happy about this because this gives her a lot of peace and relaxing time. She makes her little flights each day outside and in the meanwhile Rudi is sitting on her plaster eggs and keeps them warm. They are "kissing" each other but still not mating. How sweet is that? Apparently Rudi belongs to the old school - he needs time Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 46723

I have started Rudi's story on an new thread...
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Appreciate the update, Petra. Smile
I'm so glad to hear that Pina has recovered and is doing good. YESS!!

Other than being very busy, I hope you are doing good as well. Circle of Love

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:02 pm

That is odd she has been on her eggs so long. Are you sure she hasn't laid tweo more next to the pretend one? She could be playing a trick on you to keep you on your toes. Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 46723
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our little Pina is quite sick   Our little Pina is quite sick - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our little Pina is quite sick
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next