Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?

Go down 
+12
Jackie\'s Mom
rattyfied
Jenaka
Luna Wolf
Cynthia
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
jamy
pigeonwriter
Effa
plamenh
Teresa
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Mixed news:

The operation has finished but they're keeping him there overnight, as it was very late and Hercules was only just waking up when they phoned half an hour ago.

The pin hasn't come off, as they were afraid the leg bone would break again if they kept trying. What they've done instead was to move it upwards, as it was impinging on the knee joint. He's an incredible bird -- if he had been able to use that leg without crippling himself, he would have done so.
Poor Hercules! If I'd had to spend a comparative amount of time with a metal spike sticking into my knee, I wouldn't just peck, I'd have gauged somebody's eyes out by now...

The future is uncertain. I can't see him being releaseable, at least not under the present circumstances. Given that the leg bone is hollow, when I pressed for a longer-term forecast, they were unable to guarantee that the pin won't slide back down towards the knee joint.
Having a bad day I may know more tomorrow when I pick him up.

Last edited by Teresa on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Poor Hercules. Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 224884
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Bless both your hearts, Teresa.
Continued positive thoughts and get well wishes are being sent your way. Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 193770
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Thank you. Can't wait to go and pick him up.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 am

Sorry for the bad joke Teresa - I am so sorry that it did not work out yet as we all hoped. But don't give up hope,dear. Hercules has come so far - he will make the rest as well. Tomorrow there is sunshine again for all of you - I am quite confident.

Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great Feeling great
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks, Petra!

Well, he's back, feisty as ever, and it looks like he's going to stay for good. He's not going to be too thrilled about it, but we'll have to take things a day at a time!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 pm

How does his leg seem to be doing, Teresa?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 pm

So sorry to hear about the situation with Hercules' leg. He might still surprse us

...this is one little amazing pij.

In any case, he has the best of a forever home and I am sure with your love and care he will adjust in time.

If he is well enough to be as fiesty as he is, it might be time to consider a mate for him. Might just calm him down a bit, and make his life more enjoyable.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Jackie\'s Mom wrote:
So sorry to hear about the situation with Hercules' leg. He might still surprse us

...this is one little amazing pij.

In any case, he has the best of a forever home and I am sure with your love and care he will adjust in time.

If he is well enough to be as fiesty as he is, it might be time to consider a mate for him. Might just calm him down a bit, and make his life more enjoyable.

Louise

I agree

Best wishes,
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

He's no gentleman

Piper has been calling for him for weeks, but he didn't pay much attention to her. Eventually he seemed interested, but he was too rough and I ended up separating them. And he went straight to the window and bowed at every hen that was near...
Today I let them have their exercise at the same time again. He flew straight towards her cage, the BIG one, and EVICTED HER!!!! :For Shame: I had to get him out of there, which wasn't popular with him. And Piper has been very quiet all day, poor darling!
So much for that romance! Disappointed His loss, really! All that's left is males and a squeaker!

A little movement

On the up side, there's more movement on his leg! cheers He still does not put his foot down, but he drags his toes on the ground -- he didn't before, kept his leg really high. I hope he continues to improve, but he's still unreleaseable as long as he has that pin in his leg, as it could move and it's added weight.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Hercules sounds a bit like Dolly. :For Shame:
I'm glad to hear things are improving some, even if just a little bit at a time. It all helps. Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 142829
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:52 am

Just to let everybody know that, now that he's out of danger, the story continues here:
https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/pigeon-and-dove-chit-chat-f12/omg-omg-omg-hercules-used-his-bad-leg-t1669.htm
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:12 am

Teresa wrote:
Just to let everybody know that, now that he's out of danger, the story continues here:
https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/pigeon-and-dove-chit-chat-f12/omg-omg-omg-hercules-used-his-bad-leg-t1669.htm

Thanks for the cross reference, Teresa. Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 142829
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:02 am

Teresa, what a beautiful day today to read on your update. Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_sunny Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_sunny Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_sunny Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?   Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horrible fracture (Beware, GRAPHIC) -- what can I do?
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12