Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella

Go down 
+9
rattyfied
Naunnie
jamy
Matilda
Teresa
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Cynthia
plamenh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Naunnie

Naunnie

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Plamenh.... What can I say...not enough I'm sure. Your detailed pictures and treatment procedure are invaluable for me. Words just can't express what an inspiration your guys are! Thanks. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 142829

Sorry if I missed it. Embarassed I was so interested in the diagnosis, the treatment, the improvements, not to mention the relationship!!!!....what is this birds name? Smile
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote :
Sorry if I missed it. I was so interested in the diagnosis, the treatment, the improvements, not to mention the relationship!!!!....what is this birds name?

No name yet, but I'm lingering with idea to call her Carla, if it turns up that is him then it can be converted to Carlos. (this is in honour of Teresa - she asked for name first).
Very loose translation will be - "born free" if I'm not mistaken.

So let it be... I name you Carla! Smile
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:27 am

Carla today:
One eye is completely clear, the other one still has blood spot. Morning and afternoons she receives 1~2 drops Coloidal silver in the eyes and once daily vitamins and immuno-stimulants.

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 511 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 611
Did you bring me something?..................................Lunch!?

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image066 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image067
Lunch! Lunch! Lunch!...............................................Next time, bring more!

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image068 How can one grow when you feed so little?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:39 am

She looks great. I wouldn't have recognized her as the same sick bird. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:47 am

She's looking quite bright eyed and bushy tailed. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 26340
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 am

what an improvement

well done Plamenh and Carla Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:59 am

She looks wonderful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Oh, just look at her eyes!!!! Thrilled Happy Dance Thrilled Happy Dance Thrilled
What a difference, you are a real miracle-maker! Pigeon angel

Sooooo... Carla! That's a very pretty name for a very pretty bird! Cute Dove
As for whether you will have to change the name to Carlos, there's a test you can do: give her a very small guitar, and if she starts playing like Carlos Santana, you'll know she's a boy! That's too funny (What do you mean 'silly'! I've seen sillier ways of sexing a pigeon -- well, almost!) nutter That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Plamenh - this is a true miracle. What a difference to the first pics. Can any living being be more cute than this? So moving Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
You have done such a wonderful deed. You are a true Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:20 pm

No pictures today as there was a storm building and I was in hurry to close loft before rain started. Carla is perching on the brim of the nest most of the time and crying for food as always. In the moment of distraction she managed to put her head in my mouth to check if I would regurgitate some food for her. Still have that feathery taste in my mouth. YUK
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:30 pm

ROTFL Do those feathers taste kind of dusty? LOL
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Quote :
Do those feathers taste kind of dusty?

Veeery dusty!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 pm

plamenh wrote:

No pictures today as there was a storm building and I was in hurry to close loft before rain started. Carla is perching on the brim of the nest most of the time and crying for food as always. In the moment of distraction she managed to put her head in my mouth to check if I would regurgitate some food for her. Still have that feathery taste in my mouth. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 4187

In that case, we understand. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Appreciate the update even if it wasn't accompanied with pictures. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:44 pm

plamenh wrote:
No pictures today as there was a storm building and I was in hurry to close loft before rain started. Carla is perching on the brim of the nest most of the time and crying for food as always. In the moment of distraction she managed to put her head in my mouth to check if I would regurgitate some food for her. Still have that feathery taste in my mouth. YUK

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Naunnie

Naunnie

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am

I like the name Carla for her. While studying names I looked it up. I found.. it means "Strong" and Carlos means "Strong One"! Very fitting for this little one. I'm looking forward to all the pics and updates. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:46 am

Naunnie wrote:
I like the name Carla for her. While studying names I looked it up. I found.. it means "Strong" and Carlos means "Strong One"! Very fitting for this little one. I'm looking forward to all the pics and updates. Smile

The bird sure fits that name....strong. Smile
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 am

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image069 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image070
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image071 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image072
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 311 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 411
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Hmmmm - why didn't you, Plamenh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Hmmmm - why didn't you, Plamenh?

What? Wink
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:39 pm

What a sweet face. She is looking better and better. Happy
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:43 pm

She's SO cute! What a happy-looking baby!
And eager to try her wings, by the looks of the second photo!
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 am

Morning, 5:30 breakfast were 40 ml formula mix! I was bit concerned of overfeeding, but Carla acted happy and went to sleep. 13:00 her crop was empty and she was hungry again. (Double checked if there is no other holes than usual ones for food to disappear from her, nothing). I decided to give her soaked breeding pellets. That was big mistake. Both of us were soon from ears to toes in pellet mush. Took me a while to clean her, myself and surrounding area. She was happy though. 16:30 afternoon meal – another 35 ml formula. She kissed me good night and went to sleep.

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image073 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image074
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image075 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Image076
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:00 pm

I missed the last update so todays pictures just looked like a totally different baby.
What an amazing transformation, she looks so wonderful. Feeling great

Janet
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 pm

jamy wrote:
I missed the last update so todays pictures just looked like a totally different baby.
What an amazing transformation, she looks so wonderful. Feeling great

Janet

I see the same. Everyday she looks better. cheers
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:16 pm

This morning we had a bit of drama as she had diarrhea. Most probably the problem was cold weather, but I didn’t want to take the chance and I put the heater on. In the afternoon she was Ok again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next