Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella

Go down 
+9
rattyfied
Naunnie
jamy
Matilda
Teresa
pigeonwriter
AZWhitefeather
Cynthia
plamenh
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm glad she's ok now.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Heat can certainly do wonders. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 142829
I'm glad she's back to normal. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 458406
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 am

Growing up
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image085 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image086
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image087 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image089
Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image090 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image091
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:37 am

I love the black tips on her tail feathers. I love it/them Very pretty.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 am

Once she takes a bath, she will be "le famme fatale" Smile
Today started pecking on seeds for the first time. She was too hungry to wait for me.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:46 am

Do you think she has sight in both eyes?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Yes she can see on both eyes now. I tested her with movement of my hand, she follows fine. Also iris contraction on light is normal. Today she was able to pick single small seeds from the board so I guess there is no damage on the sight. It has tiny red flake on the left eye though and I still treat her with Coloidal silver daily.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:07 am

plamenh wrote:
Yes she can see on both eyes now. I tested her with movement of my hand, she follows fine. Also iris contraction on light is normal. Today she was able to pick single small seeds from the board so I guess there is no damage on the sight. It has tiny red flake on the left eye though and I still treat her with Coloidal silver daily.

That's wonderful, plamenh. Wil you keep her or release her with the feral flock?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am

I will keep her inside, but let her fly from time to time with my other healthy birds.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 am

I'm amazed at how many white feral Pigeons in your flock. it's so different from here where I rarely see one that is white or mostly white.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am

Matilda wrote:
I'm amazed at how many white feral Pigeons in your flock. it's so different from here where I rarely see one that is white or mostly white.

Same here - you can hardly see white birds. They look exceptionally beautiful I find - like real angels. 2 days ago a little flock (~20) of completely white pigeons were circling around our building but they did not come nearer than about 50 meters. I was standing on the balcony and looking for Peppi as usual. I assume that these were wedding pigeons. I could not see where they disappeared to though. Maybe they WERE little angels to comfort me because of our Peppi...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:19 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
Matilda wrote:

Same here - you can hardly see white birds. They look exceptionally beautiful I find - like real angels. 2 days ago a little flock (~20) of completely white pigeons were circling around our building but they did not come nearer than about 50 meters. I was standing on the balcony and looking for Peppi as usual. I assume that these were wedding pigeons. I could not see where they disappeared to though. Maybe they WERE little angels to comfort me because of our Peppi...

That's a sweet thought.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm

5 years ago ancestors of my feral flock were show and racing pigeons in possession of one of my neighbors. They sold the house, cup has been demolished and pigeons moved to my palm tree. Some of the birds still have their rings. They mix with wild birds but mated pairs produce pure white offsprings.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:42 pm

How many years have you been tending to the Pigeons and Dove, plamenh?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 pm

Since these birds moved to my garden, approximately 5 years.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:14 pm

plamenh wrote:
Once she takes a bath, she will be "le famme fatale" Smile

Today started pecking on seeds for the first time. She was too hungry to wait for me.

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 359893
I also love the little bit of black on the tip of her tail.
She sure is a little darling. Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 893919
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:29 pm

plamenh wrote:

Were you tending to sick/injured Pigeons before that?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Carla is doing so well! It's lovely to see her pecking at the seeds by herself! Way To Go
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 am

Matilda wrote:
plamenh wrote:

I wouldn't say tending, all my life I was helping animals and birds, but never sistematically learning how to before. Smile
Why?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 am

plamenh wrote:
Matilda wrote:
plamenh wrote:

I wouldn't say tending, all my life I was helping animals and birds, but never sistematically learning how to before. Smile
Why?

No reason..just getting to know you. Smile
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 am

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image098 Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Image099
Didn't manage to take many pictures as I was working this weekend, but she is spending more time exploring around. I tried to lure her in the bath tube without much success. She just took a shower when other birds splashed in. She was definitely interested in watching them but kept close to me for courage.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:09 am

Matilda wrote:

No reason..just getting to know you. Smile

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Bow11

Then ask and thou shall be answered, Lady.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:10 am

Plamenh - you could try following: take body warm water and place her slowly into the tub. This way she would not be afraid by the water so easily. Either she likes it then and stays there or she wants to get out of it again as quickly as possible - lol

I have also put some stones or anything else into the water for their reference to see that there is a bottom. Sometimes they are just afraid of the shining surface....
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am

I know, Petra, what I did is warm water in the tube. Carla was sitting on my hand and I placed her as that in the water. She is not afraid as long as in contact with me. I splashed some water and washed her feet, no problem. The moment I tried to wash her belly and gently push her off my hand, she was on my shoulder.
I just left her to watch other birds bathing this time. She is still not completely feathered under the wings so I don’t want to push her too much. True she is not the cleanest bird in the loft, but it can still wait couple of days.
Kids, you can’t get them in, can’t get them out afterwards.
That's too funny
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:28 am

so true ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella   Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Baby pigeon with Salmonella
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next