Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Silly question about Pairing pigeons....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Empty
PostSubject: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Yesterday, Willow ( my white homer hen) was INSISTANT Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 106767 on flying over to Daylen's (imprinted feral) cage.... she would actually land on the side of his cage flapping her wings.. So I'd take her off... and put her back on the table...she'd do it again!!! Finally I put Journey back in his house Disappointed and opened Daylen's cage to see if he would come out with Willow... Well... he didn't even get the chance to come out... No sooner did the cage door open and Willow was in there struting Happy Dance her stuff for Daylen.... It literally took like 5 seconds for Daylen to mount her.

SO my question is this: Because of that.........

Does this mean that I should consider them a mated pair?? Daylen wasn't so "nice" to her after the whole Thing... :For Shame: So I seperated them...back to their own cages! He seemed to almost be pecking at her eyes... :eek:

and....Should I now keep them together in one cage???

Sorry for the silly questions..... but the only pairs I have are my ringnecks....so I just want to be sure!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:56 pm

I would let them have time together to see what they will do before putting them in a cage together.
I did get a little dizzy reading about the event. Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 982130
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Matilda wrote:
I would let them have time together to see what they will do before putting them in a cage together.
I did get a little dizzy reading about the event. Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 982130

ROTFL Sorry ROTFL

Aww--- sorry! Sometimes the drama in the bird room makes me dizzy too! .... LOL I'm sad in a way... Oh brother I was really hoping that Journey would pair up with Willow...<<sigh>> Should have made that Memo in Pijie wrting...maybe then they'd have understood THAT! Oh brother
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Oh Jenn...it's always good to have choices. Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
wolfwood
Special Pigeon Angel
wolfwood

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Maybe Willow will have 2 beaus .... Why not? I mean, if the boys can have 2 (or more) hens ....
Back to top Go down
http://4winds.zenfolio.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

wolfwood wrote:
Maybe Willow will have 2 beaus .... Why not? I mean, if the boys can have 2 (or more) hens ....

Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 466834 Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 164371
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 am

Let them out together. Cock is pecking at hens' head to make her go to the nest. If there is no space for her to run it may lead to ear/eye injury. This is only in the begining when they get used to each other. When they are out, there is no problem for her to get away from him. Other option is to put cages close so they can preen each other through bars and get used to each other.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 am

plamenh wrote:
Let them out together. Cock is pecking at hens' head to make her go to the nest. If there is no space for her to run it may lead to ear/eye injury. This is only in the begining when they get used to each other. When they are out, there is no problem for her to get away from him.

Other option is to put cages close so they can preen each other through bars and get used to each other.

This is what I did with Mikko and Pij'ette. They weren't able to preen each other, but they could visit and dine together as I had their dishes facing each other. After a little while I decided to put them together and have never had a problem. That was 6 1/2 years ago. Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... 588547
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:54 am

I think I'll do that this afternoon...and put their cages next to each other... and see how it goes. Darn Willow...she's messing up my match making skills. :That\\\'s so f

I had hopes of matching them THIS way:

Journey and Willow ((King and Homer))
Daylen and Zoe! ((both ferals))

Guess Willow like her boys a little on the "Wild" side! Shock
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

It is proven rule that opposites attract. Out of all my pigeon pairs I have only one match that I decided who would be with whom. My first pair rescues and even that does not count, as there was no options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about Pairing pigeons....   Silly question about Pairing pigeons.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silly question about Pairing pigeons....
Page 1 of 1