Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Meet Wally My New Rescue

Go down 
+6
priya
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
plamenh
Birdbarn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:26 am

priya wrote:
Bless your heart Joe for taking Wally in Pigeon angel She looks so pretty! I am so glad she is doing well and has no visible signs of any illness. Maybe all she needed was a little warmth and a good home which she now has! I wouldn't have left her out too if i had found her, so you did the right thing absolutely Great job

I think we both have something in common that we received during Christmas....a lovely and sweet pigeon! cheers # 1 Can't think of a better gift Smile

Except when you get four of these. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 pm

plamenh wrote:
priya wrote:
Bless your heart Joe for taking Wally in Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 803589 She looks so pretty! I am so glad she is doing well and has no visible signs of any illness. Maybe all she needed was a little warmth and a good home which she now has! I wouldn't have left her out too if i had found her, so you did the right thing absolutely Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 526287

I think we both have something in common that we received during Christmas....a lovely and sweet pigeon! Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_cheers Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 259792 Can't think of a better gift Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 458406

Except when you get four of these. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 982130

Plamenh...think of yourself as being blessed four fold. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 982130
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Just catching up on Wally's story Embarassed

Count me in on being very glad that your angel whispered in your ear to go back to check on the pigeons AND that you listened. Laughing

Wally/Wallete is a beauty Joe are you going to keep her/him or release?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 am

Matilda wrote:

Plamenh...think of yourself as being blessed four fold. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 982130

I think wa are all being blessed here just by being able to be around these birds. They bring out the best in us and as we hep them, they also help us.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 am

plamenh wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I think wa are all being blessed here just by being able to be around these birds. They bring out the best in us and as we hep them, they also help us.

I do agree with you 100%.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:41 am

Embarassed Robin-I do not have the heart to release him back in the wild. He will become so spoiled never having to worry about food and shelter. If I release him, his home would be the Arco gas station roof where most of the birds live. Embarassed

Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 279675 Yesterday late afternoon Wally decided to take a bath and got into his small water bowl. I always look at that as a good sign he is improving. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 279675
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:37 am

Wally is about to enter a life he never knew would be possible. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 98152
That is so cool that he will be joining the Birdbarn flock, Joe. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 142829

Do you have any updated photos? Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 376654
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:31 am

Matilda wrote:
plamenh wrote:
priya wrote:
Bless your heart Joe for taking Wally in Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 803589 She looks so pretty! I am so glad she is doing well and has no visible signs of any illness. Maybe all she needed was a little warmth and a good home which she now has! I wouldn't have left her out too if i had found her, so you did the right thing absolutely Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 526287

I think we both have something in common that we received during Christmas....a lovely and sweet pigeon! Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_cheers Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 259792 Can't think of a better gift Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 458406

Except when you get four of these. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 982130

LOL true
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:32 am

plamenh wrote:
Matilda wrote:

I agree
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:33 am

Birdbarn wrote:
Embarassed Robin-I do not have the heart to release him back in the wild. He will become so spoiled never having to worry about food and shelter. If I release him, his home would be the Arco gas station roof where most of the birds live. Embarassed

Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 279675 Yesterday late afternoon Wally decided to take a bath and got into his small water bowl. I always look at that as a good sign he is improving. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 279675
It would be wonderful for Wally to join Birdbarn cheers
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 am

priya wrote:
Birdbarn wrote:
Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_redface Robin-I do not have the heart to release him back in the wild. He will become so spoiled never having to worry about food and shelter. If I release him, his home would be the Arco gas station roof where most of the birds live. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_redface

It would be wonderful for Wally to join Birdbarn Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Absolutely...he gets to live at a ...10 star resort.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Birdbarn wrote:

I'm glad to hear that Joe :Yes: I very seldom find feral pigeons around here that need help but when I do it's always a very diffucult decision to make. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 106767

I too would love to see more pictures of wally.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Wally..........what a lucky little bird you are. You hit the pigeon super ball lottery.

Your are about to enter into pigeon heaven on earth.

Thank you Joe for having such a huge heart. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 789920

I can't find it in me to release my little rescues either. Once they have received protected shelter, and all the food and water that they want, I just can't imagine them being back outside pecking at the invisible seeds on the ground. They either stay in the house with me or thankfully to all the other Pigeon angel on this wonderful site they go to new forever protected, loving homes.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:37 pm

I agree about the release of young Pigeons...it's very difficult. I don't have a problem releaseing recovered adults because they often have a mate and flock to return to.
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 pm

A christmas gift indeed. I am so glad you were listening with your heart and returned on your angel's whisper! pigeon 1 A gift of a fallen angel is one of the highest honors and is only given to those whom have a pure heart! What a wonderful home she now has... What a story.... A fallen angel finds~ heaven on earth--- Cute Dove it's just beautiful! Dove right
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:40 am

I took this picture yesterday. Wally is beginning to gain weight. His back and wing feathers are in lousy shape. He does preen and exercise his wings daily and much more alert than a week ago. Last Friday he started on his canker treatment.

Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Img_0821
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:56 am

Hi Joe, Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 333746
Thanks for posting the updated pic of Wally. I'm glad he's doing well.
Those poor feathers. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_cry They are pretty tattered looking. Any idea what might be going on with them?
Otherwise Wally is lookin' good. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 570843 Very alert.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:25 am

Cindy-I think Wally was under a gutter covering his head but allowing the water to spill on his back side. His front features look good but the back ones are very dry and tattered.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 am

There's no doubt in my mind, given the TLC he's receiving, he will be looking very dapper in due time. Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 458406
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:35 am

So glad he's doing well Joe. :Yes:

Did I miss something? Does he have canker or are you treating just in case he does? Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 106767
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 am

Hi Joe,
Wally's beeautiful! I just love that coloring.
AND Kudos to you !!! I'm so glad you cared for him and are keeping him !!!
Best wishes,
Carol
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 am

Happy Robin-I always do a canker and wormer treatment on new arrivals. He will stay inside the house until I feel he can handle the cooler weather.

Carole-I also like his coloring more of a silver tone. He looks so much alert today than a week ago.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:36 am

You can see on the picture that Wally is feeling allready at home. Wink
Feathers are not important if he is warm and dry, one moult and he will be like new.
Back to top Go down
Birdbarn
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 pm

I agree plamenh keeping him warm and dry is important. I just closed the blinds since there is no sun and the outside temp is 40 degrees. He will stay inside That's too funny for several months.

He is preening those back feathers as I type this. Jumpin for joy

I will keep the vacuum cleaner handy since Bobo likes to eat feathers. nutter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Wally My New Rescue   Meet Wally My New Rescue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Wally My New Rescue
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next