Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...

Go down 
+4
Teresa
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
EgypSwiftLady
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Empty
PostSubject: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 am

Its funny how things have a way of working out.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 106767

My daughter & I just planned a short visit with family, 3 hour drive from us, for a couple of days.

Sunday I was reading threads on PT when I came across a lady from MN. looking for someone to place her two handicapped pigeons with. Well it just so happens that the family we are visiting is closer to MN.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 395766 So we will be meeting Jennifer half way & picking up the pigeons. Happy Happy

Its as if these pigeons were met to come live at the sanctuary  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 142829

I'll post photos once we get back & get them settled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 pm

That's great, Robin.
We will definitely be looking forward to pictures.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 395766 Thrilled

You and your daughter have a very safe and fun trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:49 am

I love it when things work out that way. Safe journey, Robin.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 983488
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 am

We picked up the 2 pet pigeons, they are beautiful & healthy. I always thank my lucky stars that we are able to have the sanctuary & able to help not only the animals but the owners too.

The owner of these two pigeons was being victimized by her nieghbors about feeding ferals & rescueing them when they needed help Very sad She literally had to sneak these two pigeons out in fan boxes so no one would be the wiser!

I will post photos later today.

Now I have to set up a quarentine pond for the new turtle that is arriving this week from NY. !
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:32 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

We picked up the 2 pet pigeons, they are beautiful & healthy. I always thank my lucky stars that we are able to have the sanctuary & able to help not only the animals but the owners too.

The owner of these two pigeons was being victimized by her nieghbors about feeding ferals & rescueing them when they needed help Very sad She literally had to sneak these two pigeons out in fan boxes so no one would be the wiser!
I will post photos later today.

Now I have to set up a quarentine pond for the new turtle that is arriving this week from NY. !

Oh my goodness. That's terrible.
Lucky turtle. Smile
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Meet Placido & Indigo    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Placid10

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:43 pm

They are very shiney, pretty birds, Robin.

How did they happen to come to the lady you picked them up from?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:48 pm

That lady who risked so much to help those two pigeons is a real-life hero! Way To Go
It's wonderful that you were able to take them in! Pigeon angel I'm sure they'll be very happy at the sanctuary! Circle of Love Circle of Love

Oooooh, a picture! Hello there, my lovelies, nice to see you looking so bright! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Beautiful pijjies, Robin.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 142829
Thanks for sharing their photo with us. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:09 am

Matilda wrote:
They are very shiney, pretty birds, Robin.

How did they happen to come to the lady you picked them up from?

Sorry Charis for not answering your question sooner...

From what I understand PlaCido was found in the middle of a busy intersection, unable to fly because of a broken wing & leg.

IndiGo was found with a broken wing, I'm not sure where Indy was found though.

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 am

The other day PlaCido & IndiGo where able to spend the day in one of our small flights.
We have to tarp on the bottom because its easier to clean then a dirt floor & these two are still in quarentine.

Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Placid11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 am

It must feel good to them to be outside again. Are they tame?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 am

Robin, you are a true angel Pigeon angel # 1 Way To Go

Thank you for always finding a place for these needy birds.

YOU rock

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 am

Matilda wrote:
It must feel good to them to be outside again. Are they tame?

They lived in the house with their former owner but from what I understand they didn't interact with her much.

She requested that we try to put them in the loft with other pigeons. We will try introducing them, if is doesn't work they will have their own flight.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:46 am

Jackie's Mom wrote:
Robin, you are a true angel Pigeon angel # 1 Way To Go

Thank you for always finding a place for these needy birds.

YOU rock

Louise

Thanks Louise! Thank You circling I think we all rock! Pigeon angel YOU rock
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 am

I suspect they will enjoy the company of your other pigeons.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Placido is having problems....    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm worried about one of these pigeons, Placido doesn't seem to be adjusting well to his move.

He feels thinnner than when he arrived here, they were both on the thinner than I like anyway, but he sits with his tail down and kinda hunched up. I don't think he's been eating enough even though its the same seed mix he ate in his old home.

I had him in with Indigo but decided to seperate them in order to better watch their progress. His poops are a dark green with a bit of white urates.

I started both him & Indigo on Spartrex today even though I didn't see or smell any canker.

They are in quarentine away from any other pigeons.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks Happy

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Robin...I think treating them for canker is a very good idea. That's what I would do. It wouldn't be surprising at all if Placido has an outbreak given all the changes lately.
Can he see Indigo? Separating them may be stressful too if they are used to being together, but if they can see each other...

It wouldn't hurt to treat them for coccidia, once you are finished treating them for canker. Do you have any coccidia pills?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Matilda wrote:
Robin...I think treating them for canker is a very good idea. That's what I would do. It wouldn't be surprising at all if Placido has an outbreak given all the changes lately.
Can he see Indigo? Separating them may be stressful too if they are used to being together, but if they can see each other...

It wouldn't hurt to treat them for coccidia, once you are finished treating them for canker. Do you have any coccidia pills?

The cages are right next to each other.

I was thinking about treating them with Spartrex for 5 days, do think this is too long/ not long enough.

I will have to order some sulmet for the coccidia treatment, unless you have another idea?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Five days is good. I can send you some coccida pills but I won't have time to get them into the mail until Wednesday or Thursday.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:36 am

Well this morning I went to check on PlaCido and he is even lighter than yesterday... I don't think thats even possible :eek:

I started tube feeding him, got about 10 ml down him. Have a heat lamp to give him extra heat. Now I have to wait a couple of hours to give him his days canker pill.

Cross your fingers he perks up a bit Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 am

Robin..............Sending healing thoughts and prayers to Placido. Circle of Love

If he is full grown, he will need alot more than 10ml of formula. A full grow bird needs approx.25/30 ml per feeding, 2/3 times a day. If he is not eating on his own, you must get as much nourishment into him as possible or he will continue to loose weight.

This could be coccidia and/or worms.....individually or combined. I would treat him for coccidia as soon as possible, but wait to treat for worms until he is a little stronger.

Poor baby Not feeling well . He's had a hard time. The added heat is an excellent idea. I hope with the hand feeding he will start to show signs of improvemen  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 395766

Keep us posted.

Louise
 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 789920

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks Louise Smile you are correct about the amount he should be getting  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... 395766 i tried to get more in his crop but could only get about 10ml to stay in. I'll be feeding him 3 x aday & will try to add abit at each feeding.

I'm treating both pigeons for 5 days on Spartrex & will follow with Coximed coccidia pills.

It bothers me because he refuses to sit & the poor guy looks so uncomfortable. Very sad

I'll let keep you posted Happy

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm very sad to say that Placida passed away this afternoon at 1:45 PM. Very sad Very sad

I had checked on him about an hour ago and he was laying down with his eyes closed, I wrapped him in one a little blanket got about 5ml. of water in him, he seemed abit better and placed him in the blanket back in his cage.

I checked on him just before I was going to feed him & he was gone. Very sad

I feel just utterly terrible...

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Robin...I'm so sorry. I feel so bad for him and for you. It's really hearbreaking and it's caught me off guard too. Not feeling well ... Very sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next