Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

 

  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...

Go down 
+4
Teresa
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
EgypSwiftLady
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm


Very sad I am very sorry to hear that PlaCido has passed away, Robin. Very sad
Universal hug

pigeon 1 "May you forever fly high and fly free, sweet Placido"  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 35455

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
technocactus



Posts : 154
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : Pigeon World

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:51 pm

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 319297  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 319297  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 319297 Im very sorry to know about your angel.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 735397  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 35455
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-03-31
Age : 74
Location : LasVegas, Nevada

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Robin, I am so very sorry Very sad I know you were doing your best. I don't think any of us realized how very ill he was. It is so heartbreaking to loose them. Universal hug


pigeon 1  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488 FLY FREE AND HIGH PRECIOUS PLACIDO  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 35455




Louise



Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:11 pm


Thanks everyone Happy Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Posts : 662
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : Bangalore, India

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:22 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Placido Robin Very sad Broke my heart reading this :( he certainly didn't look that ill and i was hoping he makes it. Felt terrible reading this Very sad I hope Indigo is doing better.
You did your best to save him. Rest in peace sweet one Cute Dove You will be missed
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:24 am

priya wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about Placido Robin Very sad Broke my heart reading this :( he certainly didn't look that ill and i was hoping he makes it. Felt terrible reading this Very sad I hope Indigo is doing better.
You did your best to save him. Rest in peace sweet one Cute Dove You will be missed

Thanks Priya.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 am


While I was treating PlaCida for canker I also treated IndaGo, they were cage mates at the previous home. Her last pill was 8/20. On 8/23 was her 1st. coximed pill, treating for coccidiosis per recommmendation from Charis, her second & last pill will be 9/2.

IndiGo is eating good but still not putting on any weight. Hmmm I want to treat her for internal parasites but I'm worried about doing this since she has been on the two meds.

Any suggestions for getting weight on her?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Is Indigo's weight stil the same, Robin? It does sound like worms could be a big part of it, if she's eating well, but it also takes time to recover from canker and/or coccidia, and start gaining weight. You must be very worried after losing poor little Placido so suddenly, but with today's last pill, Indigo will be protected from those two killers.
I usually wait a day from there to give the Ivermectin, but the cocci meds I've been using are different, so I don't know how long you should wait.
Best wishes for little Indigo! Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Robin...it should be OK to worm her on the 3rd or 4th.

Does she seem to be eating or is she picky with the food?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

Posts : 797
Join date : 2009-03-31
Age : 74
Location : LasVegas, Nevada

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Robin, It took amost 2 months for me to get Sweetie back to a healty weight after all her meds were completed. I know that after being treated for the worms, with all the proper nourishment and great care she is getting from you she will be just fine.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 395766

Sending little IndiGo positive healing thoughts and prayers. Circle of Love

Louise
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 am


Thanks Teresa & Louise for the helpful comments. Happy

I'm sure its just my nerves becuase of PlaCida, but since they were companions I want to be doubly on top of this.


Matilda wrote:
Robin...it should be OK to worm her on the 3rd or 4th.

Does she seem to be eating or is she picky with the food?

Now that you ask this I bet she is being picky about her food Disappointed and suggestions? I've tried so many different seeds in the mix I've lost count!  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 106767
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:10 am

Robin...I would try hand feeding her peas ...30-40 a time, twice a day. You can also offer whole grain bread with just a little peanut butter spread on the piece. She may go for it. It might jump start her appetite.
There have been so many changes in her life...she may be depressed.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 am

Matilda wrote:
Robin...I would try hand feeding her peas ...30-40 a time, twice a day. You can also offer whole grain bread with just a little peanut butter spread on the piece. She may go for it. It might jump start her appetite.
There have been so many changes in her life...she may be depressed.

I'll try the bread first & leaving the peas & corn for her to try on her own... she really hates being caught.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 395766 Fingers crossed

I moved Precious to a cage next to her hoping that seeing him may bring her some comfort.

Poor IndiGo's life has turned upside down since she's moved here with us Disappointed , I feel horrible for her Very sad She must feel so lost. Very sad

Thanks for the suggestions Charis.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

I know how difficult it can be with a bird that doesn't wnat to be caught. I don't think you will need to do it many times to jump start her.
Does she have a mirror in her cage? That might help too.
Good idea moving Precious close.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:48 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Robin...I would try hand feeding her peas ...30-40 a time, twice a day. You can also offer whole grain bread with just a little peanut butter spread on the piece. She may go for it. It might jump start her appetite.
There have been so many changes in her life...she may be depressed.

I'll try the bread first & leaving the peas & corn for her to try on her own... she really hates being caught.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 395766 Fingers crossed

I moved Precious to a cage next to her hoping that seeing him may bring her some comfort.

Poor IndiGo's life has turned upside down since she's moved here with us Disappointed , I feel horrible for her Very sad She must feel so lost. :Very sad:

Thanks for the suggestions Charis.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488

It seems to me you may be suffering more than her. Circle of Love She'll be feeling a bit scared and depressed without her companion, but she's got YOU, and the love and care she's getting is so much more than she had before, poor little hidden secret that had to be smuggled out in a box! Once she starts relaxing a bit and getting accustomed to her surroundings, you will see a new bird emerging!
I also think putting Precious next to her is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Matilda wrote:
I know how difficult it can be with a bird that doesn't wnat to be caught. I don't think you will need to do it many times to jump start her.
Does she have a mirror in her cage? That might help too.
Good idea moving Precious close.

Charis, I'll hand feed her the peas & corn even if she does put up a fight. I do have a mirror that I can put next to her cage too.

Teresa wrote:
EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Robin...I would try hand feeding her peas ...30-40 a time, twice a day. You can also offer whole grain bread with just a little peanut butter spread on the piece. She may go for it. It might jump start her appetite.
There have been so many changes in her life...she may be depressed.

I'll try the bread first & leaving the peas & corn for her to try on her own... she really hates being caught.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 395766 Fingers crossed

I moved Precious to a cage next to her hoping that seeing him may bring her some comfort.

Poor IndiGo's life has turned upside down since she's moved here with us Disappointed , I feel horrible for her Very sad She must feel so lost. :Very sad:

Thanks for the suggestions Charis.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488

It seems to me you may be suffering more than her. Circle of Love She'll be feeling a bit scared and depressed without her companion, but she's got YOU, and the love and care she's getting is so much more than she had before, poor little hidden secret that had to be smuggled out in a box! Once she starts relaxing a bit and getting accustomed to her surroundings, you will see a new bird emerging!
I also think putting Precious next to her is a great idea!


Teresa you hit the nail on the head! Laughing Like everyone else here on the forum I worry constantly when one of the animals is ill or not progressing like they should. Disappointed
And thank you for the very kind complement.  Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 983488
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Louise, how is the bird doing now?
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

Posts : 662
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : Bangalore, India

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 am

NiteOwl wrote:
Louise, how is the bird doing now?

Yes, how is Indigo doing now? Any progress with the eating part? Sending lots of love to the sweet one and to you too Robin Universal hug
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 am

priya wrote:


Yes, how is Indigo doing now? Any progress with the eating part? Sending lots of love to the sweet one and to you too Robin Universal hug


Thanks for asking Priya Happy Indigo is the same she still a bit thin but she is eating so thats great.

Her & Precious spend nice days outside in the flight but they really haven't started interacting yet, but this too will be at their own pace. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
priya wrote:


Yes, how is Indigo doing now? Any progress with the eating part? Sending lots of love to the sweet one and to you too Robin Universal hug


Thanks for asking Priya Happy Indigo is the same she still a bit thin but she is eating so thats great.

Her & Precious spend nice days outside in the flight but they really haven't started interacting yet, but this too will be at their own pace. Laughing

Isn't that the truth! It always happens but with some it just takes longer. They are just like humans in that way.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Glad she doing well, She'll put weight on in time.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Appreciate the update, Robin. Smile
I'm glad to hear Indigo and Precious are doing well. Happy Dance

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Sponsored content




 Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...    Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Adding two more pigeons to our sanctuary...
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Living with a Special Needs Pigeon and/or Dove-
Jump to: