Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

 

 Super fast doves

Go down 
+4
Joyfulsongtree
Teresa
Matilda
plamenh
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Matilda wrote:
Super fast doves - Page 2 914356 ...no need to go to extremes.
How about a base ball hat? It could say... Super fast doves - Page 2 514260 on the front of it.

I think that then...you wouldn't have any explaining to do. You could also probably count on other humans keepng their distance. Super fast doves - Page 2 321758

That's a cool idea. :Yes:

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Matilda wrote:
Super fast doves - Page 2 914356 ...no need to go to extremes. How about a base ball hat? It could say... Super fast doves - Page 2 514260 on the front of it. I think that then...you wouldn't have any explaining to do. You could also probably count on other humans keepng their distance. Super fast doves - Page 2 321758

Hmmm We should get hats printed with this logo on them, then sell them & donate the $$$$ to a pigeon rehab!

On the back it could say Pigeon Angels & the site. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Robin...that is a fabulous idea! Super fast doves - Page 2 259792
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:57 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

Hmmm We should get hats printed with this logo on them, then sell them & donate the $$$$ to a pigeon rehab!


On the back it could say Pigeon Angels & the site. :Yes:

I actually do that with the calendars I create. A portion of the proceeds goes into a fund that I use to donate to avian wildlife rehabilitation and education.
This was pre Pij-n-Angels days. I've expanded to greeting cards and a couple other things now, and still donate a portion of the proceeds to avian wildlife rehabilitation and education. cheers

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:

I actually do that with the calendars I create. A portion of the proceeds goes into a fund that I use to donate to avian wildlife rehabilitation and education.
This was pre Pij-n-Angels days. I've expanded to greeting cards and a couple other things now, and still donate a portion of the proceeds to avian wildlife rehabilitation and education. cheers

Thats great Cindy Happy I know these are tough times for all rescues & rehabbers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Matilda wrote:
Robin...that is a fabulous idea! Super fast doves - Page 2 259792


Thanks Charis Embarassed Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Paintedpigeons



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-07-24

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I would wear a hat that said pigeon crazy on it for sure lol as long as it was in big letters for all to read Wink
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:36 am

Super fast doves - Page 2 Image080

These are three youngsters in the newly finished cage.

Super fast doves - Page 2 Image081

And superfast doves closeby.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 am

Quote :
We should get hats printed with this logo on them, then sell them & donate the $$$$ to a pigeon rehab!

On the back it could say Pigeon Angels & the site.

Logo?! Emblem!!! Hang in there
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 am

Main Entry: 1em·blem
Pronunciation: \ˈem-bləm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin emblema inlaid work, from Greek emblēmat-, emblēma, from emballein to insert, from en- + ballein to throw — more at devil
Date: 15th century


1 : a picture with a motto or set of verses intended as a moral lesson
2 : an object or the figure of an object symbolizing and suggesting another object or an idea
3 a : a symbolic object used as a heraldic device b : a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am

The newly contstructed cages are a work of art indeed and I'm delighted that the inhabitants also have a view of your lovely garden. Super fast doves - Page 2 259792
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am

Matilda wrote:
Main Entry: 1em·blem
Pronunciation: \ˈem-bləm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin emblema inlaid work, from Greek emblēmat-, emblēma, from emballein to insert, from en- + ballein to throw — more at devil
Date: 15th century


1 : a picture with a motto or set of verses intended as a moral lesson
2 : an object or the figure of an object symbolizing and suggesting another object or an idea
3 a : a symbolic object used as a heraldic device b : a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark

:That\\\'s so f I know the definition of the word Charis. :That\\\'s so f
Question marks were more for initiation of suggestions as I'm planning to invest some thinking time for design of the one mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

The cage looks great, Plamenh.
The doves look quite content. :Yes:

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am

Thank you Cindy. Smile
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 am

plamenh wrote:
Thank you Cindy. Smile

Super fast doves - Page 2 142829

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 am

plamenh wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Main Entry: 1em·blem
Pronunciation: \ˈem-bləm\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin emblema inlaid work, from Greek emblēmat-, emblēma, from emballein to insert, from en- + ballein to throw — more at devil
Date: 15th century


1 : a picture with a motto or set of verses intended as a moral lesson
2 : an object or the figure of an object symbolizing and suggesting another object or an idea
3 a : a symbolic object used as a heraldic device b : a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark

Super fast doves - Page 2 164371 I know the definition of the word Charis. Super fast doves - Page 2 164371
Question marks were more for initiation of suggestions as I'm planning to invest some thinking time for design of the one mentioned above.

Super fast doves - Page 2 2378
Back to top Go down
Paintedpigeons



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-07-24

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Im just curious about the bottoms of your cages , are there trays in the bottoms or do you just place paper that you cage daily in them ??
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Paintedpigeons wrote:
Im just curious about the bottoms of your cages , are there trays in the bottoms or do you just place paper that you cage daily in them ??
No trays for now. There is a thick flexible plastic sheet on the bottom and newspapers on top. I use roll of carpet protector plastic and cut to size.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Posts : 5381
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : Portugal

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 pm

The cages look great! And I agree that the doves have a lovely view!
I sympathise with what you said about being covered in scratches after working on them. I have used similar, but thinner, material to make a trap to catch ferals for treating them, and also a corridor+extension for Piper's cage -- and I got covered in scratches too, plus blisters on my hands from using the pliers!
But even all that is barely a match for the damage Hercules can do!!! :eek: Yesterday, in desperation, I put a sock over his head to stop him from pecking me while I changed the newspaper! Oh brother
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Posts : 10863
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Arizona Southwestern United States

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Teresa wrote:
The cages look great! And I agree that the doves have a lovely view!
I sympathise with what you said about being covered in scratches after working on them. I have used similar, but thinner, material to make a trap to catch ferals for treating them, and also a corridor+extension for Piper's cage -- and I got covered in scratches too, plus blisters on my hands from using the pliers!
But even all that is barely a match for the damage Hercules can do!!! :eek: Yesterday, in desperation, I put a sock over his head to stop him from pecking me while I changed the newspaper! Oh brother

What a little stinker he is. :For Shame:

_________________
Cindy

A Pigeon's Prayer
Please watch over us while we fly,
Keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.

If we become ill or injured in any way,
Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Joyfulsongtree wrote:
So much time and so little to do... Super fast doves - Page 2 106767
Not so for you, Plamen !

You're ... making fake eggs?!?
I'd be happy to send you some woody ones, senegal size (tho' no, they wouldn't get there in time for this clutch).

What do you use to make them from? Clay - or... ???

If you ever have extra real eggs, I've blown them out and filled them with glue (slowly, over a period of days - and if anyone knows what might harden faster, I'd love to know).
Of course they're the perfect substitute Happy

Best wishes,
Carol

Could you fill them with plaster of paris?
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-09-10
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa

Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Guess I could, just using what materials are on hand. Smile
In SA if you don't know exactly what is trade name of the product, you may end up purchasing some strange product totally unsuitable to finish what you started. When I looked for wood filler, ended up with putty. Ordered solder for gutters, delivered silicon. Asked for PVC folio… list goes on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Super fast doves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super fast doves   Super fast doves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Super fast doves
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Pigeon and Dove Chit Chat-
Jump to: