Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!

Go down 
+9
priya
Teresa
pigeonwriter
Joyfulsongtree
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
plamenh
AZJourney
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 am

This law is ridiculous and cruel. PMV is not always Newcastle - there are different serotypes - PMV 1 - which is the Newcastle desease and PMV 3 which is often what our pets are suffering from. PMV 1 shows much heavier symptoms including problems of the birds with the respiratory system and only PMV 1 has to be reported (in Germany).

To kill all the birds in a building is strange and totally over the top. This is shooting before asking. Although PMV is highly contagious it takes quite some time until it is spread. How else would you explain why no other bird was infected on my balcony although I truely did not carry out sterile conditions. I just cleaned thoroughly with vinegar water and did not spill any food around which could have been contaminated. If you react quickly as soon as you realize what is happening the probability of infection is quite low - I would say.

My vet said that more or less all ferals are carrying this virus - so it is widespread without even producing any symptoms and many pigeons have even learned to cope with it. I have observed one case of mild symptoms, a pigeons which is still around and does not show any more symptoms at all. Maybe he never had PMV - but he was showing more than 3 of the typical signs: circling, stargazing, spilling seeds, diarrhea, tremors, puffed up.

Jenn, still I am very glad that this was spared to you. I very much hope that your little darling is soon healthy again!
Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Jaye
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Agreed. But...investigating & establishing the facts vs. fiction, then using those facts to make informed policy decisions ...rarely happens in this country anymore........

Jenn...am glad you got the diagnosis and things are no longer a mystery. Keep us posted...
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Wow... Thank you all for taking the time to post!!! :Yes: It's nice to have people who actually understand and who really care!!!!

Joyfulsongtree wrote:
Jenn, I hope Zoe's better today, too!

Are you keeping her isolated and in dimish light?
(Encephelitis can cause photo sensitivity).

Did you happen to ask - or did the vet say (depending upon the yet-to-be- determined cause), if the Encephelitis could still be contagious ? Hang in there

Group hug

Best wishes and prayers,
Carol

To be honest even though she is a great Dr. she is only one that I will use in a pinch. Otherwise I will take them to Dr. Burke in Phoenix. Dr. Latas.. is very DIRECT. (almost to the point it can be offensive) she is not a people person and so ALL of the explaining is done with Virginia her assistant. She does not sit down with you EVER! and usually acts like there is always s rush even though NO -ONE is waiting. SO .. I am glad to have her close by ..such as this week.. with the weather and Don being gone.. BUT I won't keep her as a regular option. SHE HAS NEVER ONE TIME taken the time to actually explain anything( and last time with Journey ((when we fist got him)) I ended up taking him to Dr. Johnson in Phoenix for a second opinion) which ended up curing poor Journey's resp. issues.!!!! So.... I'm crossing my fingers! I have no doubt that she is very educated.. or she wouldn't be doing this... But our personalities do not mesh... I guess??? idk?? BUT... the 2 times we have had to use her we walk out saying the same thing...

She had her assisitant do ALL of the explaining... and on the occasion when she is running by the room ((which is frustrating)) I managed to ask..if I needed to be worried about my other birds and she said that No I didn't need to worry. From my understanding... she believe's Zoe was exposed to this prior to being caught. (( whether or not that could be is what Im wondering(if it could lie dormant for 2 months),and when asked they danced around the question saying that the fecal showed high bacteria ..and so we are starting with the antiobiotic. ))

Virginia (assistant) did tell us to keep her out of the light with the exception of her heat lamp at night... so We keep her in her carrier which is always by my side. During the day I keep her on the heat pad on low...as well as when I am feeding her.

I am not sure.. and maybe somebody can answer this for me.. the fecal test she sent away ... could it tell "how" or what the cause is? ie insect bite or not?

Today Zoe is about the same. Not interested in eating at all. 🇳🇴 and shivers from her fever. Hopefully in a few days time she will stat to feel better. and better.. :Yes:
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 pm

and Petra I do agree with you it IS ridiculous!!! I thought it was over- reacting about the birds in the facility and in the home... SO much SO.... that I said to her.."Are you KIDDING me??" In which she ((for the only time)) looked me in the eye and said... "Yep... so we won't talk about PMV!"

I could go on a huge rant I just DON'T get it about it... but I won't ... I'm just gald to know so that I won't ever have a test run for it! :Yes:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Jenn...the fecal test will tell you what antibiotic the bacteria is sensitive to.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:28 pm

AZJourney wrote:
and Petra I do agree with you it IS ridiculous!!! I thought it was over- reacting about the birds in the facility and in the home... SO much SO.... that I said to her.."Are you KIDDING me??" In which she ((for the only time)) looked me in the eye and said... "Yep... so we won't talk about PMV!"

I could go on a huge rant I just DON'T get it about it... but I won't ... I'm just gald to know so that I won't ever have a test run for it! :Yes:

Well if thats the case I don't think many of us will have the test done!

I've come across too many vet's who think that just because I don't carry a degree behind my name that I don't know how to properly quarentine an animal. All I have to do is start telling them how I do it and they shut right up!
Sounds like you are getting the same from this vet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 pm

My heart sank when you described Zoe as uninterested in her food and shivering from the fever. Poor baby! I hope that she gets better soon.

What you say about the vet goes to show that being knowledgeable is not the same as being good at your job, especially where life and health is concerned and people need reassurance almost as much as results. Hope she has a change of heart.
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Jenn, thank you for getting us up to date. I agree with Theresa and am hoping and praying that in your good care Zoe comes round reeally soon.

Live up to your name, little one!!!
Group hug
Best wishes and prayers,
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 am

Zoe has passed.. I had to drag myself here to type this.As typing the words make it so final. Thank you to everyone for all your help and support.
Back to top Go down
Joyfulsongtree
Guardian Angel
Joyfulsongtree

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 am

Oh Jenn Very sad I'm so very sorry for you. I sensed this morning while I was praying for her that she was giving it up - was wanted/needed elsewhere.... Doesn't make your loss any easier, I know, how this just plain hurts. Very sad

Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family,
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:14 am

Jenn,there are no words to tell you how very sorry I am. I had felt so hopeful she would make a recovery and so I'm just in shock.
Back to top Go down
Dezirrae

Dezirrae

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh Jenn... I cannot tell you how sorry I am that Zoe passed over... I'm still in shock as I know you are too. I sooooo wish I was close enough geographically to give you a hug in person. I hope you can feel the warmth and love surrounding you.

Fly free Zoe... you will be forever missed and never forgotten.
Back to top Go down
plamenh
Special Pigeon Angel
plamenh

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Jenn, please accept my deepest condolences for Zoe passing away.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Jenn....I am so deeply sorry Very sad at the loss of precious Zoe. I was praying that she would recover. Poor little one. I know how much this hurts, but you did everything you could.

Sending you comforting hugs Group hug

pigeon 1 FLY FREE AND HIGH ZOE - YOU WERE LOVED AND WILL BE GREATLY MISSED pigeon 1

Louise
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:07 am

I am sorry Jenn Very sad Group hug
Fly free and high precious Zoe pigeon 1 never be far from us Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Star3

Jenn, Zoe will be forever with you and in all our hearts. She is safe from all the pain and is a happy, free angel now. You did the best you could Disappointed
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 am

Chuck and I send our most sincere condolences to you and the family, Jenn. Very sad
Group hug

pigeon 1 May you spread your wings and forever fly free, sweet Zoe pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 am

Thank You so much to all of you for EVERYTHING! ... the kind words... the out pouring of support and all of the wishes for my precious Zoe. And to Charis who endured my sobbing tears on the phone when she called. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

I am feeling a tad better today... and I know I would always say I hadn't any favorites... but Zoe was... She went everywhere with me... I miss her being by my side.

I'm not sure if the tears ever stop... but I am at peace knowing she isn't in any pain. Yesterday... I looked out at the sky and found a cloud that resembeled a beautiful bird with outstretched wings filling the sky. Some may say that it's imagination. But for me it's a sign that she made it safely and is letting me know.

Yesterday I said That even though I know she had to leave me... I wished that she would never fly too far from me... Because I just can't let her go. I knew she was just a turn of my head to feel her warmth on my shoulder. Now I only need to close my eyes to feel her.

She waited for me to pass in my hands.. and that I truly believe is where she would have wanted to be.

I love you Zoe... Thank you for being my sweet baby. I'll always love you.... Save my place in heaven sweet one... until I see you again.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 am

AZJourney wrote:

I'm not sure if the tears ever stop... but I am at peace knowing she isn't in any pain. Yesterday... I looked out at the sky and found a cloud that resembeled a beautiful bird with outstretched wings filling the sky. Some may say that it's imagination. But for me it's a sign that she made it safely and is letting me know.

I agree, Jenn. pigeon 1 Circle of Love pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am

I think Zoe is practicing her flying skills...from the cloud to your shoulder ... she will always be on your shoulder when you need her comfort.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 am

Matilda wrote:
I think Zoe is practicing her flying skills...from the cloud to your shoulder ...
she will always be on your shoulder when you need her comfort.

I agree
Back to top Go down
rattyfied
Special Pigeon Angel
rattyfied

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

so sorry you lost your precious baby
but the bit of your heart she stole will be safe with her

pigeon 1 fly free sweet Zoe
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rattyfied/sets/
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Oh Jenn, I just got to read the news on the forum and you got me up all in tears. I am so sorry for your beloved Zoe and I am sorry for you - for all the pain you feel. There are no words that can comfort enough - I know it - there is just bittersweet memories. I am truly feeling with you. I am very sad Very sad

I am sending you just love and blesses, for you and little Zoe

pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1 pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Oh Thank you so much to both of you too!!! I don't really think I''ll ever fill that void space in my heart Disappointed But
knowing that she is painfree is what makes me feel better! Thank you again for such wonderful words!

Zoe's test results came back today:

She had a septic pseudomonas infection. The Microbiologist said that they rate them on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the worse. Zoe's test was labeled 4+ Very sad Virginia said that the bacteria could have been dormant and as Zoe progressed being ill.. that her immune system couldn't keep up and gave in. She also said that it is very resistant to to antiobiotics and there was quite possibably very little that could have been done. ((which mimics most info I have found thus far)) I try to find ressurance in that but somehow it just doesn't make it any better. She guesses that Zoe was exposed to the bacteria in her flock. I have NO idea

This is a little information that I could find on it:

Pseudomonas normally resides in the soil, marshes, and coastal marine habitats. It can survive under conditions that few other organisms can tolerate, it produces a slime layer that resists phagocytosis (engulfment), and it is resistant to most antibiotics. Pseudomonas can multiply in an extraordinary assortment of environments including eyedrops, soaps, sinks, anesthesia and resuscitation equipment, fuels, humidifiers and even stored distilled water. It has also been reported in kidney dialysis machines. The characteristic color of the pus is due to a bluish pigment (pyocyanin) and a greenish pigment produced by pseudomonas
Back to top Go down
AZJourney
Special Pigeon Angel
AZJourney

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Forgot to mention that the swab from her crop as well as fecal showed an over abundance of pseudomonas... Disappointed
Back to top Go down
Jaye
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Jenn - thanks for maintaining the fortitude to post about her medical condition since she passed. l am saddened to hear this news. l know it's cold comfort - but - you did everything a human being could possibly do for your friend - and your lives crossed paths for a reason (albeit perhaps one we might never understand - or someday might, for that matter). ln her time of need she could not have asked for a better friend than you, and in the very least she passed in a loving and warm place as opposed to the oftentimes cold and unforgiving world which many ferals endure. Given the situation, perhaps one could not ever have asked for more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!   Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers and wishes of wellness needed for Zoe!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next