Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!

Go down 
+6
EgypSwiftLady
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
NiteOwl
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Empty
PostSubject: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Wednesday I picked up a new rescue at the P.O. He was shipped from Georgia. He was rescued from a trapper who used him for bait in a wire trap. This guy placed Aries in a tiny cage that he could hardly move around in, to the point that he broke off all his tail feathers. His wings were clipped. This tiny cage is then placed into a larger trap type of cage, to attract animals. At this time, the trapper was trying to catch a bobcat. A girl found him sitting in this trap in the woods when she was walking her dog. Afraid to steal him from the trap, she went every day for weeks to feed Aries and give him water. At first he was afraid of her, but came to know her as his only food source, and began looking forward to her visits. This girl never saw evidence that Aries had been watered or fed by any one other than herself. Don't know what this guy was thinking. I guess it didn't matter to him if the bird eventually succumbed to starvation and dehydration. Maybe he figured that a dead bird would still attract the cat. Don't know. After weeks of this, the man gave up on the bobcat, and was persuaded to let the girl take the bird, as he was moving anyway, and didn't really care one way of the other about him. She had Aries for about two weeks, and then was posting for a home for him. Well, I have adopted him, and he is a very cute little guy. He is very vocal and talks whenever he thinks that anyone is close enough to hear. He'll be inside for a while so that we can get to know him, and make sure that he is healthy before joining the others, so I'll keep everyone updated.

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! AriesArrival023

Last edited by NiteOwl on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Looks like he has some brown feathers on his wings...very pretty. I can tell form his picture that he has quite an attitude. I suspect I would too if I'd been subected to what he has.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Yes. He does have quite an attitude, but I'm hoping that he will calm down when he starts to feel secure. He bows and dances a lot as if to claim a territory, but if I call him to me, he will fly to my arm. If I try to hand feed him, he bites me. If I offer just safflower seed, he will eat it. Too much!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Poor guy. Very sad He hit the jackpot with you.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 pm

What a blessing that this lowlife of a human was moving and handed Aries over to a very special 'pigeon' angel. Pigeon angel

Yeah!! I'd have an attitude too, if I were him. And rightfully so. Bless his heart.

He'll soon discover he's now living in paradise. YESS!! Thrilled

We'll be looking forward to updates and of course pictures, Jay.
Bless you and Hoot for opening your aviary to another sweet pij. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Bless you Jay for taking this little guy in. Pigeon angel

Poor Aries......clipped wings, no tail, locked in a cage in the woods as bait....God only knows the horror he must have experienced. Very sad So very cruel and sad.

He's entitled to have an atitude Laughing

I'm sure he'll settle down once he realizes how lucky he is and what a wonderful forever home he has found. Circle of Love

Louise NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! 789920
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:42 pm

I know. It must have been horrible for him. And any individual that will treat a bird that way, well I'm sure he didn't treat him very well in other respects either. Who knows what animals out there in the woods were prowling around and poking at the cage. He must have been terrified. And trapped on the ground of all things. He had to feel so scared. I think his tough guy act is exactly that. I think it makes him feel safe. It keeps things away from him that might hurt him. I'm hoping that when he realizes that he will never be hurt again or treated badly that he will come around. He really hasn't had it very easy. Poor little guy.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Think of the other pigeons that are out there right now and won't be so lucky as Aries. Seeing red/mad
I can't let myself linger on that thought too long because I can't bear the pain of it.
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Matilda wrote:
Think of the other pigeons that are out there right now and won't be so lucky as Aries. Seeing red/mad
I can't let myself linger on that thought too long because I can't bear the pain of it.

I know. I do think about that. I don't know how many birds that guy had. So very sad, and maddening at the same time. Breaks my heart that anyone would treat any living creature in that manner. Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:31 am

Well done for the girl who fed and then rescued him from such a horrible experience! And well done to you NiteOwl for taking him in!! That poor pigeon, he must have such a strong character to continue to trust people after what was done to him.

Please let us know how he gets on. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:32 am

Matilda wrote:
Looks like he has some brown feathers on his wings...very pretty.

I can tell form his picture that he has quite an attitude.

I suspect I would too if I'd been subected to what he has.

His eyes also display some serious caution NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Suspect , which is certainly understandable.
Such a handsome/pretty (?) pij. Star quality

One thing's for certain, he will soon learn that his worrisome days are over. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 am

Imagine how pretty he'll be when his wings and tail feathers grow back. This is his "DON'T MESS WITH ME" look.

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! AriesArrival054

Last edited by NiteOwl on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:45 am

I love his 'look'. I love it/them :Yes:

You are a survivor and YOU rock lots, Aries. Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:51 am

That's the look I get when I try to put him to bed at night. He hates going into the cage. He just looks at me that way, as if to say
"I'm NOT going!" Just before he bites me!

Last edited by NiteOwl on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:58 am

Bless his little birdie heart.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:35 am

Aries is a beautiful guy! :Yes:

I know that look all too well! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:53 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Aries is a beautiful guy! :Yes:

I know that look all too well! Laughing

Robin - I absolutely love your Avatar!!!! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Imagine how pretty he'll be when his wings and tail feathers grow back. This is his "DON'T MESS WITH ME" look.

NiteOwl - what a lovely picture and what an attitude. I am so happy that you could save this little guy - what nightmares he must have had - terrible! Not feeling well I hope he will soon forget about it. You are a Pigeon angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:

Robin - I absolutely love your Avatar!!!! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Thanks Petra Happy Happy Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Aries is awesome! Love the pictures, especially the last one! He does look like a tough guy, but then again he was named after the god of war, so he wouldn't be a wimp now, would he?! Tickled Pink

I'd read his story before. May blessings rain down on the kind girl who fed him and got him released into her care, and also on Aries and his newly-adopted mum!
Circle of Love Circle of Love Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

How's the bad boy doing, Jay?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 am

Sunday Aries spent a couple of hours out in the aviary, enjoying the air and sunshine. Of course he has to be separated from the others for a while yet, so I kept them in the loft while he was in the aviary. So he had the whole thing to himself. He's so full of energy, and hates being caged. So I try to bring him out for exercise as much as possible, but he and Scooter cannot be out at the same time, as he picks on Scooter. He's a bit of a terror, but I think he'll calm down after a while. When he's out of the cage, he likes to follow me around , just watching. I am now trying to figure out where we will keep him when Virgil arrives, as I would like to keep only Virgil and Cricket in the dining room together. Getting kinda crowded around here.I can't put his cage just anywhere, as we have two dogs as well. I do put him in a cage out in the loft sometimes, just to get used to everyone, and to let them get used to him, but don't want to keep him out there yet. Here are a couple of pics of him out in the aviary.

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! 100_8360

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! 100_8359
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 am

Appreciate the update, Jay.
Looks like Aries is doing great! NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! 142829
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 am

NiteOwl wrote:

I love this look too. I remember there was a picture of a pigeon dressed on an army kind. The look of the face was like him, very strong and scary-cute.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 am

Probably Aries' attitude kept him alive during his time in the woods, in the cage, on the ground, during the coldest weeks of the year, with little food and water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next