Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!

Go down 
+6
EgypSwiftLady
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Jackie\'s Mom
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
NiteOwl
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I agree. That or it gave him that attitude. Someone who will treat an animal like that................................no telling how this poor guy was treated in other ways as well. He is constant motion and loud cooing. I have to admit that sometimes it gets a little wearing. Then I have to remind both myself and Don that he has been through an awful lot. I'm hoping as he feels more secure, he will calm down some. Of course, shoving pills down his throat morning and night probably isn't helping a whole lot. He hates being confined to a cage, but for right now, we have no other option. We do take him out for exercise, but for most of the day he is caged. I think that tough guy stuff is a protective thing with him. I can only imagine what he has been through. So sad to think about.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Poor Aries Very sad ...........His constant motion and cooing all day is propably a sign of his still feeling trapped and I'm sure he is lonely.

Once he is out of quarantine I'm sure when he gets to mix with the other birds he will settle down. Also, best thing for him would be to have a mate. Once he finds his gal I love it/them he'll get busy with love making and nest building and will become a very happy pijjie. That's too funny

He just needs time to get his life in order LOL

Louise
NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 789920
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks Louise. I think he'll be okay once he is in with the others and finds a mate also. He's a cute little bird.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Thanks Louise. I think he'll be okay once he is in with the others and finds a mate also. He's a cute little bird.

I agree Jay.
I would think when any animal has been confined under undesirable conditions and/or mistreated, they remember it for a lifetime. Very sad

We adopted our cat Sadie from the humane society nearly 5 years ago and it has taken her three years to be trusting enough to jump up on my lap.
She will still run and hide if she hears the rustling of a plastic bag. Heaven only knows what that poor baby went through before she was taken to the humane society.
She is such a little sweetie. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 am

I agree Cindy. Poor kitty. Many of our dogs, we have gotten from all kinds of shelters. Some not so good. And they remember to. You can tell by the way they react to different things. And they make wonderful pets, as they seem to appreciate finally being loved and cared for. Sad the way some so-called HUMANS can treat a loving little animal. It would be even harder for a cat to learn to trust again, as they are more cautious to begin with. I think she's a lucky kitty to be with someone who thought that she was worth the effort. It takes a while sometimes.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 am

NiteOwl wrote:
I agree Cindy. Poor kitty. Many of our dogs, we have gotten from all kinds of shelters. Some not so good. And they remember to. You can tell by the way they react to different things.

* And they make wonderful pets, as they seem to appreciate finally being loved and cared for.

** Sad the way some so-called HUMANS can treat a loving little animal.

It would be even harder for a cat to learn to trust again, as they are more cautious to begin with. I think she's a lucky kitty to be with someone who thought that she was worth the effort. It takes a while sometimes.

* I agree.
** I'm sure many have heard of our 'Sheriff Joe'. He has no tolerance for animal abusers. YESS!!
Sheriff Joe * Zero tolerance of animal abusers

Just a couple days ago two were arrested in a horse incident. The surviving horse was taken to tent city and is being cared for by the inmates there. NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 142829
I think he has gone a lot further in trying to put a halt on animal abuse than many police departments.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:23 am

I wish every community had a Sherrif Joe.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am

Matilda wrote:

I agree
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:25 am

FancyFeathers wrote:
Quote :
** I'm sure many have heard of our 'Sheriff Joe'. He has no tolerance for animal abusers. YESS!!

Not only am I amazed that there is someone this passionate about animals in law enforcement, but that he is so out spoken about it and walks the talk. One just never hears such things. I hope he is re-elected again and again if possible!!! NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
persimmonspea
Special Pigeon Angel
persimmonspea

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:29 am

I am so glad Aries found his way to you. He is one lucky pigeon. I love that he flies to you when you call him!

-Faon
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 am

persimmonspea wrote:
FancyFeathers wrote:
Quote :

Not only am I amazed that there is someone this passionate about animals in law enforcement, but that he is so out spoken about it and walks the talk.

One just never hears such things. I hope he is re-elected again and again if possible!!! NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 142829

One thing Sheriff Joe doesn't do and that is beat around the bush about things. YESS!!

Even with all the 'flack' he gets from some in the community he has always been re-elected, thus far.

He has a book out, America's Toughest Sheriff, that he signed for me. It was a gift for Chuck.
We even have an autographed pair of the pink underware he hands out to the inmates. NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 142829
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Matilda wrote:

I know. We need more people like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!   NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW RESCUE................WHAT A HANDFUL!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2