Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Calling All Angels....A must read...

Go down 
+4
Ivor
EgypSwiftLady
Jackie\'s Mom
Matilda
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Calling All Angels....A must read... Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 am

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Although it is reassuring to read of Roberta's save.........the rest of this is absolutely heartbreaking Very sad Very sad Very sad

This stuff makes my blood boil Seeing red/mad Seeing red/mad Major Rant Seeing red/mad Major Rant

When will this cruelty Evil, wrong doing ever stop?

Louise
Calling All Angels....A must read... 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I know it's tough to read...painful to acknowledge that it exists but I feel whole heartedly that it's important to read this painful stuff...let out bllod boil because then we are more likely to take action...stand up against it.
My blood is boiling too, Louise.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Stories like this give humane hunters a bad name Very sad

Before my husband & I married he hunted, not for sport but for food I know many of you won't agree with hunting at all. He never once did anything like this either.

But after knowing me and seeing animals through my eyes he now hunts with a camera or enjoys sitting all day in camouflage just watching the animals go about their daily business.

I just don't understand why people can't get it through their thick skulls that no matter the animal, bird or insect they also have a life, family & community that they live in, maybe not exactly like ours but if you think about it not very different either.

We are all inter connected and when one falls sooner or later we all do. Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Thank you for reading it, Robin. I do agree with you.

My former husband was a hunter too, until he met me. I know he will never hunt again either.
Back to top Go down
Ivor

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Matilda wrote:
http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs090/1101102704963/archive/1103119684928.html

It is so sad and made me cry just reading all this, sometimes I just hope that something can happen to all of us, to make us wake up!!!

Ivette
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I must apologize, but at this point and time I just can't read this. Sorry
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:16 pm

It's OK, Cindy.
Back to top Go down
joyful_pigeon
Special Pigeon Angel
joyful_pigeon

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Very sad How sad that this is happening...it makes me cry. Very sad I'm thankful that they were able to save Roberta at least.

I'm glad they provided addresses and names to write because it'll feel good to take some positive action to fight for the birds involved in these shoots.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Please do write. I think it's good that you would be writing from another country.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:29 am

Charis - I am sitting here and tears are running down my face - it is unbelievable! The only beast on earth is man. How will this be forgiven ever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:51 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Charis - I am sitting here and tears are running down my face - it is unbelievable!

The only beast on earth is man.

How will this be forgiven ever?

I agree, Petra.

BTW: It's great to see you. Happy Dance I hope you and your pijjies are all doing well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:24 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Charis - I am sitting here and tears are running down my face - it is unbelievable! The only beast on earth is man. How will this be forgiven ever?

Petra...I know how you feel. I can't get it off my mind. I wake up in the middle of the night with it on my mind. It makes me feel so helpless.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Fancyfeathers wrote:
pigeonwriter wrote:
Charis - I am sitting here and tears are running down my face - it is unbelievable!

The only beast on earth is man.

How will this be forgiven ever?

I agree, Petra.

BTW: It's great to see you. Happy Dance I hope you and your pijjies are all doing well. Smile

Dear Cindy, yes they are doing well. Thank you for asking. I just wrote a long update on the PMV thread...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:28 am

Heartbreaking reading... I'll never know how some people are capable of such cruelty, and of teaching children to perpetrate it too!

I was also in awe of the courage shown by SHARK members, their commitment and their compassion. So I sent them a donation which I hope will be far more beneficial than to vent the stream of angry words that are going through my mind right now.
I hope SHARK and those who support them will be able to end this cruelty soon -- once and for all.

The revelation about the president of the gun club being also the president of the NRA was an eye opener. I did some research on the NRA myself and discovered these gems:

Quote :
Members of Congress have ranked the NRA as the most powerful lobbying organization in the country several years in a row. Opponents of the organization accuse it of unduly influencing political appointments. Chris W. Cox is the NRA's chief lobbyist and principal political strategist, a position he has held since 2002.
During the 2008 presidential campaign, the NRA spent $10 million.
Well, that explains a lot...

Quote :
The NRA publishes gun safety rules. Three rules are given special importance and are known as the fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling:

1.Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
2.Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3.Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
They broke the first rule when they shot at the SHARK representative and his boat, that were on the river, beyond the borders of the gun club. Under these circumstances, the failure of the police and the mayor to act is unbelievable!

I was left with a question: Did they ever trace the owners of the banded pigeons? I wonder if they were accomplices by providing the birds, or if the birds were stolen. If the owner(s) valued those birds, they could become good allies.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:31 am

Teresa...I don't think they ever did find the owner of the baned pigeons.

Recently, a banded pigeon showed up in someone garden in Buck, County Pa.. The bird was sick and found between two fences. When I suggested to her that perhaps the bird had escaped one of the shots, she didn't seem to know much about them, which I found amazing. Finally she said something like...well they wouldn't shoot banded pigeons and this one is from NY.....When I told her they would, I never heard from her again. She probably thought that I am a Calling All Angels....A must read... 514260
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Many people won't believe it. Some time back, there was a big argument about it in another forum, with a member living in PA refusing to believe that pigeon shoots took place there; and badmouthing animal protection organisations who, he claimed, 'would say anything to get money from the public'.
We may be crazy pigeon people (and proud of it!) but folks like that are nuts! nutter

If SHARK have their way, that woman who never got in touch with you again will soon hear AND SEE the truth!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Teresa wrote:
Many people won't believe it. Some time back, there was a big argument about it in another forum, with a member living in PA refusing to believe that pigeon shoots took place there; and badmouthing animal protection organisations who, he claimed, 'would say anything to get money from the public'.We may be crazy pigeon people (and proud of it!) but folks like that are nuts! nutter

If SHARK have their way, that woman who never got in touch with you again will soon hear AND SEE the truth!

Hmmm ...I seem to remember that, Teresa. Wink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Teresa wrote:
Many people won't believe it.

Some time back, there was a big argument about it in another forum, with a member living in PA refusing to believe that pigeon shoots took place there; and badmouthing animal protection organisations who, he claimed, 'would say anything to get money from the public'.

We may be crazy pigeon people (and proud of it!) but folks like that are nuts
! nutter

Ya gotta wonder. Oh brother

:Yes:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Angels....A must read...   Calling All Angels....A must read... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling All Angels....A must read...
Page 1 of 1