Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Our Willy has disappeared!

Go down 
+4
Tech
Matilda
AZWhitefeather
pigeonwriter
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:12 am

Teresa wrote:
Oh my... Jimi has turned out to be quite a Casanova! ROTFL

Yes he is, Teresa but I am quite glad about this. At least Pina seems to really enjoy him - that helps her to get over Willy!

Matilda wrote:
Thanks for the update, Petra...I've been wondering all week.

Thank you, dear - I am sorry that I have not been around but I have so much to do at the moment - it is really difficult to keep up but I'll try....
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:18 am

We so appreciate the update on how things are going, Petra. Thank You Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:50 am

Cindy - thank you so much for caring Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:04 am

Petra...we do understand how busy you are with all you have to do and we are happy when you find the time to up date us. Please do so when you are able but don't feel pressured by us to do so.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Group hug
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Just to let you know I'm thinking about you and your pidgies, hoping all are well, and sending positive thoughts!
Circle of Love Group hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 am

Matilda wrote:
Petra...we do understand how busy you are with all you have to do and we are happy when you find the time to up date us. Please do so when you are able but don't feel pressured by us to do so.

Ah Charis - I try to find some minutes to peek in now and then - thank you for your understanding

Teresa wrote:
Just to let you know I'm thinking about you and your pidgies, hoping all are well, and sending positive thoughts!
Circle of Love Group hug
I love it/them

Teresa - this is so sweet of you - I know you do - I am thinking about your little angels too and about you trying to help them all the time and all the others....
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Petra. Hi there/Bye
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:01 am

Nothing really new actually - Willy still did not return, nor did Angelo. But when both have a new mate the earliest I can expect them to come back when their babies have fledged I think and then they might be introduced to us. I dearly hope so. I miss them both so much.

In the meanwhile I am continuing to take care for Pina and Winnie. Pina does fly a lot in the appartment. She wants to get outside so desperately but her stress level is still much too low. I try to play with her as often as possible to distract her so that she does not become too bore. Not so easy. She loves to play the feather game: I have attached a feather to a long stick and then, when she sits in her cardboard box on the clsoet - I have to attack her with the feather so that she can fight with it. It is so funny. I try to make a little video one day that you can see. I slowly doubt that Pina is a pigeon - she rather behaves like a kitty or a little dog. Always chasing the feather, attacking it and all the time she is laughing - making funny squeaky noises full of pleasure. She would love to play the whole day with me - :eek: And then we play the "can-you-see-me"-game. This means she is hiding in her box and I am hiding below the bow of the closet - then you can see her slowly moving her head over the edge of the box to see where I am. And when she sees me she squeaks in delight. Very sweet! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

Winnie - is feeling better again I think. For a couple of days she started vomiting (not much but I was a bit worried) and I put her back on formula feeding with less but more often. I think she had a bit of sour crop and her poop became very loose. She also had a couple of relapses where she stargazed a lot and was circling again. Poor little girl. I am so sad for her. I don't know if she is still missing Willy but I suppose so because very often she is just hiding in a dark corner of the appartment and we have sometimes to search her.
But in the very moment when Jimi comes in she is totally awake again and coqueting with Jimi. She also suddenly stops stargazing completely and you would not know that she is still sick! Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 310554

Jimi and Alice come in a couple of times a day. I think that they must have monster babies with a tapeworm - they are eating like crazy. Also they try to make a second nest here inside now so that I have to throw them out each time after they have filled their little tummies. It's really getting complicated now. Pina has started to fight with Alice because she wants Jimi for herself and I cannot allow that of course. We are a decent family and not a bunch of bitches! :Yes: Winnie is highly interested in Jimi as well - oh my - and of course not so very fond of Pina - reacting with jealousy.

So you see the days are still very busy on top of my regular work. But I try to peek in from time to time and give you a little update...

On top of all these days are very depressing. We have such an awful weather since the end of April!!! I think from 31 days of May only 4-5 days were sunny - the rest rain rain rain. At the moment it is so cold again that you can see the breath in the morning. Everything outside is cold and damp and dark. I still keep my orchids inside because it is simply too cold for them outside. When will this end? No wonder that the pijjies are still sick. It is simply awful. Not feeling well The only sunshine is our Pina with her squeaky noises and Winnie, who has become quite tame - stepping on my hand when I put it in front of her. She loves being carried around....
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:12 am

Oh dear Petra...I hope the sun will start shinning all around and for each of us.

Thank you for the update and let you feathered flock ofcharacters know that they are loved from thousands of mile away.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 am

Apprecitate your update, Petra.
You definitely have a full plate these days.

We love having you pop in as time permits. Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 193770 Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 am

Hi dear friends,
a little update is due but there are so many things to tell I hardly know where to start.
First - still no sign of Willy nor Angelo. Oh how I miss them!!!!
But something wonderful happened: I don't know whether I ever talked to you about Flecky, a pigeon man with wonderful colours - breast totally white and the rest of the body white patches but also purple metallic feathers and emerald colours, a wonderful mix of browns etc. He appeared for the first time in Feb last year as avery young pijjie.

We once called him Angelino because when he was flying and you could see him from below he seemed all white. This was last year and I forgot about this name again. Then he disappeared for many months until early this year and so I did not think about him any more. During last winter suddenly two young pigeons appeared on the opposite building, looking alike and nearly exactly like Angelino - so we called them "The Twins". A third bird could be seen with the similar colouration and quite obviously he was a parent of the twins. It could not be mistaken. Their colouration was only slightly different. So we had The Twins and their one parent Flecky (this is German for "patch"). At that time I did not remember that Flecky was in fact Angelino from last year. I only found out when I checked the photos in my Pigeon Tales where I suddenly realized that Flecky was in fact Angelino - stupid me. I should have known.

In the meanwhile one of The Twins has disappeared and only the other, "Flecky junior", and Flecky are rummaging on our balcony. Both absolutely sweet and very beautiful birds. Flecky has learned that I have a hotel and restaurant and he is used to walk into our livingroom to get his snack. He is quite devote towards Winnie and Pina and wiggles his wings when Winnie is getting angry at him, when he dares to eat from her dish. Oh my. Flecky junior is working to learn this habit from his father, i.e. he tries to come in but is not brave enough yet. Very funny to watch this.

NOW: About 2 weeks ago two absolutely stunning squeakers appeared on our balcony together with Flecky who obviously was their father. One is totally snow white - therefore we called him Snowy - and the other one has the same coloration as Flecky only with more white and he also has a white head - we called him Patchy. They are stunning birds with incredible faces and I was immediately mesmerized. In the meanwhile Snowy and Patchy are on our balcony every day to pick up some seeds, even waiting for them right in front of the door. Yesterday - while it was very hot - they even took a bath in the bowl I currently have on the balcony.

You know I have the feeling they both have been sent by Angelo, as a kind of consolation because he is not here any more. But maybe I am getting crazy only. Anyway - Snowy looks like a true angel for me. The view is breathtaking when he is flying in the sun. His white wings are glowing! Will keep you updated how this is going on....

More later but here are some pics:

The first 2 pics are from Angelino=Flecky of last year:

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0220pi13

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0220pi15

And the following are from Patchy and Snowy:

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x010

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x011

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x012

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x013

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x015

And this is where Patchy lost his head....

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x016

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x017

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x018

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 0606x021
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:27 am

Oh Petra...what a wonderful gift. They are beautiful babies and I'm so happy for you.
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:34 am

It is, Charis, and it makes me smile each day when I see them. Both are veeeeeery sneaky and already have learned a lot of tricks to defend themselves while feeding.

F.e.: they open their wings in order to hide the seeds from others. This is a habit a certain water bird does, which belongs to the family of the herons but I cannot remember the name. Apparently this is also a habit one pijji once invented and now many do they same trick. Did you guys observe this too with your feathered friends???
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 am

They are gorgeous Petra I love it/them I love it/them love the markings on Flecky and Patchy...have never seen anything quite like that I love it/them

Snowy looks so much like Angel who visited me for a month before disappearing never to return again Very sad She was very tame and used to eat out of my hand! I really do hope she is safe somewhere and will return someday Dove right It's been nearly an year now. Here's her pic

Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Angel410
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Priya - what a beautiful bird your Angel is! She seems to be a tiny bit coloured on her wings though - Snowy is absolutely pure white and does not have a single darker spot. Very interesting genetically I think because her father is coloured and if I am not totally wrong their mother is a dark one. So how could this be that one kid is pure white without being an albino? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 pm

pigeonwriter wrote:
It is, Charis, and it makes me smile each day when I see them. Both are veeeeeery sneaky and already have learned a lot of tricks to defend themselves while feeding.

F.e.: they open their wings in order to hide the seeds from others. This is a habit a certain water bird does, which belongs to the family of the herons but I cannot remember the name. Apparently this is also a habit one pijji once invented and now many do they same trick. Did you guys observe this too with your feathered friends???

I'll look for that. Usually, feeding is a real frenzy.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
Priya - what a beautiful bird your Angel is! She seems to be a tiny bit coloured on her wings though - Snowy is absolutely pure white and does not have a single darker spot. Very interesting genetically I think because her father is coloured and if I am not totally wrong their mother is a dark one. So how could this be that one kid is pure white without being an albino? Does anyone know?

Very strange indeed!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Wonderful pictures, Petra! And wonderful pidgies! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love the way Flecky has some white nails and some black ones! Laughing His colouring is just gorgeous!

I don't know anything about genetic colour transmission in pigeons, but I know who does -- Frank Mosca: http://www.angelfire.com/ga3/pigeongenetics/ Good hunting!

As for the spreading-the-wings-to-keep-the-other-pigeons-off-the-food, my ferals do it a lot too! Surely it's not only European pigeons who do that?! (Could give us both a bad name... That's too funny )
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 am

Teresa wrote:

As for the spreading-the-wings-to-keep-the-other-pigeons-off-the-food, my ferals do it a lot too! Surely it's not only European pigeons who do that?! (Could give us both a bad name... That's too funny )

Embarassed Sorry Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 321758 Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 321758 Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 321758 Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 321758 Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 321758
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am

Beautiful birds and wonderful photos, Petra.
Thanks for sharing them with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:52 am

Well...I've been paying attention about the wings thing and I have concluded that it is indeed...a European Pigeon phenomena. That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:52 am

Teresa wrote:

Nope! It's not just European pigeons who do that. Smile
Several in my feral flock do this all the time. LOL
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 am

Matilda wrote:
Well...I've been paying attention about the wings thing and I have concluded that it is indeed...a European Pigeon phenomena. That's too funny

Better include the Southwestern part of the US as well. Or maybe just Arizona. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 am

poooooooohhhhh High 5 - Teresa - what a relief for us????????? LOL LOL LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Willy has disappeared!   Our Willy has disappeared! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Willy has disappeared!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next