Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL

Go down 
+5
EgypSwiftLady
Matilda
Teresa
AZWhitefeather
Jackie\'s Mom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 am

A SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Pij-n-11 + an SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Angel_25 working together = Wonderful results. YESS!!

Way To Go Louise and Sweetie. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 am

Dove right Sweetie Cute Dove is doing well this morning. Circle of Love

She took all her meds and had a full feeding of 20cc's formula. :Yes:

Seem to be getting stronger every day. Great job Today she attempted to spred her wings and fly off the kitchen counter. She didn't get off the ground, but the fact that she tried is encouraging. YESS!!

Sweetie goes to Dr. Hauck at 9:30 this morning. Will update when I return.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 am

I'll be interested in what he has to say. You are so lucky to have me close by.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 pm

WOW.......... Holy Sheep!! ..........what an amazing Vet visit I had today!!

This post might be a little long......so please bear with me.

I arrived at Dr. Hauck's 15min. early for my visit. While I was waiting in the reception area a woman came in with an African Grey in respiratory distress. This poor bird was lying on it's side, both wings spread making these horrific high pitched choaking,gasping sounds. This bird was literaly about to die in front of us. The receptionist ran into the back and WOW the entire place went into full triage mode. Both Vet's came running out along with 3 tech's. Dr. Hauck immediately grabbed the bird from the carrier, turned the bird upside down by it's feet and took the bird in the back.

The owner of the bird, who was inconsolable at this point, along with myself and 5 others in the reception tried to comfort this woman as we sat on pins and needles waiting for word of the birds condition.

About 10 minutes later one of the tech's came out and announced that the bird was going to be allright. The bird had swallowed a large piece of wood that was lying horizontally in the birds throat, blocking it's airway. They were able to clear the wood, but the bird was stressed and needed observation. The owner finally calmed down and was taken into the back to see her bird.

Now......back to Dove right Sweetie Cute Dove

After my giving Dr. Hauck a background history and discribing my treatment he examined Sweetie.

He looked down her throat and said it was still partially blocked with canker. He said that although the Flagyl had propably worked as an immediate treatment, he felt that Spartrix would have a much better result. He gave me 2 10mg tablets. One to be given today, and the other to be given 7 days later. He said that in his experience Spartrix is his preferred medication yeilding much better results. I am not to feed her any seeds or peas until her throat is completly open. He will examine her again next week.

I addressed the issue of other underlying conditions......coccidia/worms with him. He took a sample of her poop and looked at it under a microscope. He found no evidence of coccidia nor did he see any round worms. He said that the coccidia only shows up sparatically in the fecal and that he would not rule it out. He said she had propably had guardia (wrong spelling), but that the Flaygl had propably taken care of that.

He did not want to prescribe Albon just yet, but instead told me to stop the amoxicillin and he gave me Cipro. He said Cipro has a much broader range for treating different diseases and I am to give her 0.3 cc two times a day.

He weighed her and she is 258gms. So I was propably right 5 days ago about her being around 200gm. I know she has put on weight with all her feedings.

Dr. Hauck told me to add 2cc's of yougart to each of her feedings. He will reexamine her next week.

As usual, there was no charge for the exam/fecal/meds. I am so very blessed to have this wonderful Vet and facility at my disposal.

Louise
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:44 pm

WOW...what a morning you had! :eek:

Sounds like you have a good plan.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh my goodness, I can only imagine how frightening it was when the African Gray was brought into the office. I'm so glad to hear he will be OK. YESS!!

Appreciate the update from the vet visit, Louise. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 142829
You truly did an amazing job of keeping Sweetie alive until you were able to see Dr. Hauck. Pigeon angel

He is, without a doubt, a godsend. Circle of Love

Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

I hope the Grey recovers :Yes: Its very scary when an emergency comes into the office for both the owner & the waiting patients.

I'm so glad that you updated us about Sweeties vet visit and relayed all the information that Dr. Hauck gave you... this gives me a chance to learn more! :Yes:

You really hit the jack pot when you found Dr. Hauck! Great job # 1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Jenn found Dr. Hauck for Matilda's list. Pretty cool, I'd say..esp[ecially since we were told there was no vet in Las Vegas that cared about pigeons or knew anything about them.
I think there is at least one in every city it's just that finding them isn't always so easy.

I do think Dr Hauck is exceptional. # 1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Matilda wrote:

Jenn found Dr. Hauck for Matilda's list. Pretty cool, I'd say..
* esp[ecially since we were told there was no vet in Las Vegas that cared about pigeons or knew anything about them.

I think there is at least one in every city it's just that finding them isn't always so easy.

** I do think Dr Hauck is exceptional. # 1

* Yeah! That was pretty incredible. Oh brother

** Indeed he is. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 142829
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:46 am

Great to hear that the vet visit went well for Sweetie Great job Have a feeling she is going to be completely alright...just a matter of time Cute Dove

Phew what a relief for the owner of the African Grey! A block of wood blocking the throat Serious EEK!! Glad to hear they got it out of the poor bird.

Wish i could kidnap Dr. Hauck and get him to India Hmmm He sounds # 1
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 am

priya wrote:
Great to hear that the vet visit went well for Sweetie Great job Have a feeling she is going to be completely alright...just a matter of time Cute Dove

Phew what a relief for the owner of the African Grey! A block of wood blocking the throat Serious EEK!! Glad to hear they got it out of the poor bird.

Wish i could kidnap Dr. Hauck and get him to India Hmmm

He sounds # 1

I have a feeling there is a long line of cpp wanting to do that, Priya. :That\\\'s so f

What a great find, indeed. Great job
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 am

You are right in guessing that Cindy That's too funny
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 am

priya wrote:
You are right in guessing that Cindy That's too funny

Everyone running to be first in line. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 321758
SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 193770 SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 193770 SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 193770 SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 193770
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 am

Dr. Hauck is so much more than exceptional. He is a true Godsend Pigeon angel I could never say enough about him. He is one in a million. Pigeon angel

I have been so very blessed to have him here at my disposal. Circle of Love Pigeon angel Circle of Love

So many of my rescues would not be alive and well today if not for his dedication and care.
I live on a limited fixed income and there is absolutely no way I could ever afford to pay for all the treatments, meds, surgery ect. that he has done for me. There is never a time when I go to see him that he doesn't thank me for caring and helping to save the birds.

This world definately needs more people like Dr. Hauck. Circle of Love :Yes: Circle of Love

Louise
SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 789920
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 am

I sent a thank you card after you were in to see him the last time, Louise.

If anyone else wants to sent a thank you, as a Pigeon Angels member, I think it would be really wonderful thing to do. Here's the contact information.

Dr. Patrick Hauck
2675 E. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 am

Just a quick update on Sweetie this morning.

I just got wing slapped and pecked SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 279675 when I went to get her from of her cage. First time....she definately must be feeling better Woo hoo Woo hoo

She is eating and pooping well. So I think she is coming along very well considering how very critical she was just 6 days ago. The very weird, strange swallowing motions seemed to have decreased dramatically. She's far from fully recovered, but I truly think she is on the right road :Yes:

Louise
SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 789920
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:06 am

YESS!! Happy Dance So very good to hear Louise! Thrilled Celebrate
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

That's wonderful new, Louise. She wouldn't be here today had you not picked her up.
Dr Hauck is very correct to thank you for all you do.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 am

Great update, Louise. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 142829 Thanks
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:00 am

Great update Louise Pigeon angel

Charis, do you have his email id to which i can write thanking him for being the wonderful soul that he is? Else i will send a letter by post. That would be fun considering it's been ages i wrote a letter to anyone :Yes:
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:19 am

Hi Priya, Hi there/Bye
Sending an email message is a great idea. SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 142829

Here's a link to Dr Hauck's clinic that has an email option at the top. Smile Flamingo Pet Clinic
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:22 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Hi Priya, Hi there/Bye

Here's a link to Dr Hauck's clinic that has an email option at the top. Smile Flamingo Pet Clinic

Thanks a lot Cindy! Sending him one right away Smile
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 am

priya wrote:
Great update Louise Pigeon angel

Charis, do you have his email id to which i can write thanking him for being the wonderful soul that he is? Else i will send a letter by post. That would be fun considering it's been ages i wrote a letter to anyone :Yes:

It would also be fun for him to get a letter from India.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 am

priya wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:
Hi Priya, Hi there/Bye

Thanks a lot Cindy! Sending him one right away Smile

Great job
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

That's wonderful news, Louise! Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled
If she's feisty and pecky, she has to be feeling much better! Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL   SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SERIOUSLY ILL FERAL
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next