Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

adopting unreleasable pigeon!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

adopting unreleasable pigeon! Empty
PostSubject: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:00 am

im adopting an unreleasable (male) pigeon for my female pigeon who just lost her mate to a racoon. my pij is blind in one eye so i cant let her out except for in my room so it would be nice for her to have a companion that is also handicap.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:02 am

How are you doing, Anne?
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:11 am

i dont know i really miss him and its really hard... we keep finding parts of him... his wing was on the roof this morning.... Not feeling well muffins still seems to not know. and the racoon does have babies we dont know where they are though were still looking. where would they be during the day?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:18 am

They would be hiding under a deck, porch or even high up in the trees. Did the mom look like she was a nursing mother?
This is so horrible, all around...I'm heart broken. I'm so sorry Anne. I wish I could make is better.
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:31 am

i think it was nursing still i feel so bad i didnt want her to die.. ill look again but i dont know what exactly to look for.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:40 am

Anne...there are probably 2 babies. The mom has them hidden under a deck, crawl space...someplace dark. They may come out of hiding, after dark, if they are old enough to do so.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:44 am

I am so very sorry Anne. What an awful tragedy to happen. I can not imagine how terrible you must feel.

Adopting another disabled pigeon for your bird is a good idea. However, I would introduce her to him very slowly. She will realize her mate is gone so it might take her some time to adjust to a new male.

Please take care of yourself.

Again, I am so sorry.

Group hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:20 am

ive looked all over my property and my neighbors and cant find anything i even use a ladder to climb up trees.. also itll probably take quite a while for someone to come up with a handicapped pij that needs a home so that should give her some time... although i feel so bad they were so close... they were actually brother and sister too
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:48 am

Group hug
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Anne, I know this might not be the right time for you to be making a decision on a new bird. However, I have a young small female with a missing eye that I would be more than happy to give yo

Her name is Una. I rescued her last December. She is now approx. 6 months old. You can read her story.https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/feral-pigeons-and-doves-f3/feral-baby-with-injured-eye-t866.htm?highlight=baby+with+injured+eye

She is a tiny little girl and very sweet. I love it/them I love it/them Sometimes two females together make wonderful nestmats.

Take your time making any decision and let me know.

Group hug

Louise
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:50 pm

would getting her a female friend help as much/ more with keeping her happy than with a male? males can be kinda pushy and agressive.. muffins is very sweet but will peck at anything that come up on her blind spot. do you have a picture of her?

also i talked to my mom about it and she thought it would be a very good idea to get a girl so the cooing wont be as loud in the morning since they'll be in the house.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:53 pm

I think getting her a female companion would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Read her story Ann...

https://pij-n-angels.forumotion.net/feral-pigeons-and-doves-f3/feral-baby-with-injured-eye-t866.htm

I'll take a picture of her, email it to Charis and hopefully she will post it for me.

To my knowledge, two little females together do wonderfully.

Louise
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm

i read it, is she still fiesty and difficult to get back into the cage? (haha thats how my little patient squeaker is) do you want to just email it to me? if so its Nicole_eschmann@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:24 pm

I am very sorry to hear about Muffin's mate, Ann. Very sad
Bless you both. Pigeon angel Circle of Love

I hope you are able to adopt a friend for her.
Please keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Here she is...   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:26 pm

adopting unreleasable pigeon! 002una10
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Such a pretty little hen. flower
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:31 pm

shes gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:43 pm

so do we know what where gunna do?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Anne, I haven't had a chance to get Charis' advice on how we should proceed, but I promise you Una is yours.

I know yesterday was a terrible day for you. I hope you are feeling better today.

Louise
adopting unreleasable pigeon! 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Please keep us posted. Smile
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:00 pm

my parents are all cool with Una coming over and stuff so i guess we just need to discuss financial issues and what airport or area ill have to pick her up from (and when we want to do all this) thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Anne,

Did you receive my e-mail?

Louise
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm

her nails are pretty long, i usually trim a little off of my pigeons if they ever get too long is that not right?
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Anne...........I do not trim any of my birds nails.

I tried it once........I caused a bleed........It scared me to death.........I never attempted it again.

I really have to get together with Charis and make arrangements to get Una to you.

How is your other bird doing without Oreo?

Louise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adopting unreleasable pigeon!   adopting unreleasable pigeon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adopting unreleasable pigeon!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next