Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

just sharing

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Tech
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 pm

After I finished my pijs walk-in cage, I immediately emailed Charis how excited I was to finally finish it. It's a floor to ceiling height, 28" x 55" area, just enough space for me to get in to clean up. Piggy & Bank were not moving when I perched them inside. Their faces were like "duh, duh, duh" looking all around. They were on a dog crate before.

Now, my friends call me as officially the "Frustrated Dumb Architect" who could only build a pigeon cage. (I am an architecture graduate but never practiced it.) I told them it's okey because its true. Embarassed

Annnnnd, I don't have to worry when they stretch their wings out - they have all the space - flap their wings and they could elevate up to the ceiling if they like! Annnnnd more - I only spent $ 130 altogether!!!! Free labor - truly yours.

just sharing Pb_hil10 cheers That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Looks great. I love the mirror.
What room of the house is their new cage?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Tell everyone what your boyfriend calls it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

The new cage is great! Great job I love that they can look out the window too! just sharing 395766

Precious & Raven love watching the world go by their window! I even put a bird feeder by the window so they can watch them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:40 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:

The new cage is great! Great job I love that they can look out the window too! just sharing 395766

Precious & Raven love watching the world go by their window! I even put a bird feeder by the window so they can watch them. Laughing

Robin...that's a really good idea!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 am

That is quite a cool setup, Tech. Way To Go
Thanks for sharing a photo of it with us. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am

Hello all: Thank you.

Charis: The cage is located in my work den where my computer desk is right next to it. It's the back side (east) of the house where the sun shines. Feeling great

My boyfriend calls the cage Piggy Bank Hilton! cheers

Hmmm bird feeder Hmmm I'll do that. Thanks for the idea. Feeling great Idea/thought Idea/thought Thank You Thank You
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am

Tech, you genius! cheers I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
What a wonderful set-up, their own villa with a view, and lots of cool accessories! The price tag was a complete surprise, and it's bound to be an encouragement to others who don't have a lot of money to spend on their pigeons' housing.
And 'Piggy Bank Hilton' is just hilarious, and so appropriate! ROTFL

Well, my pigeons and I think you're a GREAT pigeon architect, and the other architects are too dumb to build something so attractive, functional and inexpensive. Don't take any notice of your friends, they're just jealous! That's too funny Great job
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 am

Teresa wrote:
Tech, you genius! cheers I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them
What a wonderful set-up, their own villa with a view, and lots of cool accessories! The price tag was a complete surprise, and it's bound to be an encouragement to others who don't have a lot of money to spend on their pigeons' housing.
And 'Piggy Bank Hilton' is just hilarious, and so appropriate! ROTFL

Well, my pigeons and I think you're a GREAT pigeon architect, and the other architects are too dumb to build something so attractive, functional and inexpensive. Don't take any notice of your friends, they're just jealous! :Grin: Great job

Well said and I agree!
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

This looks marvellous Great job - your pijjies will be envied by all those lonely tramps outside. # 1 just sharing 116281
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:05 pm

How are Bank and Piggy enjopying their new cage?
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

Charis: I think they love it. Imagine they could stretch their wings out without limitation and could elevate as high as the ceiling. But I haven't seen them do that yet. Usually, in the morning when they stretch, they would elevate up to about a foot only or with Piggy she'd go down from the nest in the morning, poop, peck few seeds & drink, stretch out and fly up straight to the nest on a junk etagere I've kept for 8 years - that's about 5 foot high.

In the evening when I clean up, I can get in and hang out with them!!!!! I am their nightly visitor before they go out of the cage That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 am

That's wonderful. Happy
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 am

pigeonwriter wrote:
This looks marvellous Great job - your pijjies will be envied by all those lonely tramps outside. # 1 just sharing 116281

Hi Pigeonwriter. Thank you. Those lonely ones outside my house, they are starting to be happy. I feed them every morning & evening for few months now and I think they already know me. As soon as I come out of the house in the morning and come back home in the early evening, they appear on my front yard waiting for the seeds. I love it. I love it/them Tickled Pink Tickled Pink

My next mission is to get closer to them like what Teresa's doing. Feed by hand. Teresa, can you share your power?
Especially that I see this one limping pij, I'd like to check him out.

Charis, the one I told you that has a bump look on his back head? The bump looks better. His head feather is not out anymore. Just a lil bit fluffy feather. I hope he really is ok.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:20 am

And here they are - my frequent visitors:

just sharing Ferals11

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Tech wrote:
Charis: I think they love it. Imagine they could stretch their wings out without limitation and could elevate as high as the ceiling. But I haven't seen them do that yet. Usually, in the morning when they stretch, they would elevate up to about a foot only or with Piggy she'd go down from the nest in the morning, poop, peck few seeds & drink, stretch out and fly up straight to the nest on a junk etagere I've kept for 8 years - that's about 5 foot high.

In the evening when I clean up, I can get in and hang out with them!!!!! I am their nightly visitor before they go out of the cage That's too funny That's too funny That's too funny

just sharing 142829 Happy Dance

Those two have a great place to hang out, Tech. just sharing 116281
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Tech wrote:

just sharing Ferals11

You have some very good looking ferals. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:01 pm

I agree They look big and healthy, and they're very pretty!

The secret to get them to eat from your hand is to get one to do it, and the others will eventually trust you. Try to captivate the dominant male in the flock -- no, you don't have to bow and coo, lol -- and all the others will follow. Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Teresa wrote:

* The secret to get them to eat from your hand is to get one to do it, and the others will eventually trust you.

Try to captivate the dominant male in the flock -- no, you don't have to bow and coo, lol -- and all the others will follow. Happy

* I agree just sharing 23878

just sharing 321758
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Tech wrote:

just sharing Ferals11

Oh...they are a fine looking little flock. I love it/them I'm glad the one is loking better.
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am

Teresa wrote:

The secret to get them to eat from your hand is to get one to do it, and the others will eventually trust you. Try to captivate the dominant male in the flock -- no, you don't have to bow and coo, lol -- and all the others will follow. Happy

LOL just sharing 321758 just sharing 321758 just sharing 321758

Hmmm, ok I'll try that.
Thanks Teresa,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just sharing Empty
PostSubject: Re: just sharing   just sharing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just sharing
Page 1 of 1