Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

My sad half blind Pigeon

Go down 
+2
Tech
zomg fishies
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

My sad half blind Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:41 am

Muffins has been acting very unlike herself since her mate/brother was killed by a raccoon in their cage. she wont bathe and she calls to her dead mate every morning for about 2 hours. also every time she sees a male pigeon or hears one she starts making the "ooooooLooLoo" sound and flies around like crazy trying to get to them. i feel really bad for her what should i do? im going down next weekend to see if i can get her a male but the guy doesnt know their sex yet and their a little too young to court. me and charis have talked about just waiting and see what shows up, maybe a handicap that needs a home or a injured pij i find around, but who knows how long thatll be? i feel terrible having to hear and see my little bird so upset. also i just released the rescue i had named jackie so muffins is more alone than before (even though they fought alot) it was still company. any advice of what i should do or how i can help her?
Back to top Go down
Tech
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 am

Very sad Very sad

I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you find a mate for her soon. With Charis and the rest of the gang around, you will find one for sure. Hang in there
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 am

yeah she really doesnt deserve this Very sad
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 am

zomg fishies wrote:
Muffins has been acting very unlike herself since her mate/brother was killed by a raccoon in their cage. she wont bathe and she calls to her dead mate every morning for about 2 hours. also every time she sees a male pigeon or hears one she starts making the "ooooooLooLoo" sound and flies around like crazy trying to get to them. i feel really bad for her what should i do? im going down next weekend to see if i can get her a male but the guy doesnt know their sex yet and their a little too young to court. me and charis have talked about just waiting and see what shows up, maybe a handicap that needs a home or a injured pij i find around, but who knows how long thatll be? i feel terrible having to hear and see my little bird so upset. also i just released the rescue i had named jackie so muffins is more alone than before (even though they fought alot) it was still company. any advice of what i should do or how i can help her?

Knowing you...you could find one today. I know you feel bad for her and I know she is lonely but waiting for the right situation won't kill her. Trust me...one will come. Universal hug
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am

I have the same problem with Pina and Winnie. Both have lost their mates, Winnie even twice (Willy) and are sometimes awfully crying. It is a heartbreaking sound. But I have to be patient - Winnie can be released soon when she has proven not to have any seizures any more and being able to feed by herself and Pina is out each day already for a couple of hours. So the chance will come and they both will find a new mate. I am sure of this.

So rather be patient than regret any quick action.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

When the time is right, you will find the suitable mate for Muffin, Ann Marie. My sad half blind Pigeon 395766
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

For those that know the story about Virgil, you may remember that Cricket was a little feral female rescue, with a wing injury that prevented her from flying, and therefore made her unreleasable. We had Cricket in our loft for about a year and a half, maybe a bit more. She wasn't mated, and stayed pretty much by herself. She took over a nest box, gathered her own straw, and fended for herself. Most of my birds eventually found mates, but poor little Cricket remained alone, until Virgil, a little feral male rescue, with a wing amputation was actually flown from Oregon to Massachusetts where we live. They are pretty much perfect for each other, as both have only one good wing. They are a pair now, and after so long of watching her alone and feeling so bad for her, I can hardly contain myself when I watch him gathering nesting materials and gently passing them to her. Or seeing them snuggling in their box. Or Virgil sitting on their eggs, so that she can get out and stretch her legs, which she couldn't do before.
I too was very worried about Cricket, but Charis kept saying that the right bird would come along. So we waited and waited. And it's so much better than a male who can fly, because he isn't flying up to the highest box, and not understanding why she doesn't follow him. Don't worry. When the right one comes along, you will know it. And he will. Just be patient. There is always someone looking for a home for a rescue pigeon. She will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My sad half blind Pigeon   My sad half blind Pigeon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My sad half blind Pigeon
Page 1 of 1