Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Baby canary close to death

Go down 
+6
NiteOwl
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Jackie\'s Mom
EgypSwiftLady
Teresa
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks for the update and videos, Teresa. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 142829

In the second to the last video, that little character sure knows where the top of the basket is, doesn't he?
He's going to be over the top in no time. Jumpin for joy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:03 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:
Thanks for the update and videos, Teresa. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 142829

In the second to the last video, that little character sure knows where the top of the basket is, doesn't he?
He's going to be over the top in no time. Jumpin for joy

ROTFL He's going to try, at least! But what you can see is the bottom half of the cage. For ease of feeding him, considering the door is quite small, I unhook the top half, then put it back after he's eaten. If he starts getting too fidgety I'll put my hand in through the door to feed him and leave the top of the cage on.
I also have another, taller, bird cage. (I stock up on these things on the weeks when my babies don't eat up the whole budget, lol!)
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:58 am

I CAN KEEP HIM! I CAN KEEP HIM! Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled Thrilled
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

My sister-in-law just came in. She watched me feeding him, and her heart totally melted! She said that I could keep him if I wanted to (did I just!), because, "if you hadn't looked after him, he'd be dead".
Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 am

Woo hoo YESS!! Thrilled Thrilled YESS!! Woo hoo

I'm thrilled for both of you.
Circle of Love

Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:48 am

The baby looks wonderful Teresa Baby canary close to death - Page 3 395766 He is coming along beautifully.

So glad you are able to keep him. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Celebrate Celebrate Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Louise
Baby canary close to death - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:03 am

Watching baby Xi-ri growing up is going to be so much fun. Thrilled Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:54 pm

That's wonderful...makes my day...as it should be. Great job .. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Thank you! Feeling great Thank You circling

This is his set-up, though it looks like a disguised Halloween pumpkin! Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Suspect That's too funny
Baby Houdini is not going anywhere when I'm not there with him! Laughing (There's a heating pad under the cage).

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 DSCNB6927-r450

And then there were three... I'm also babysitting Xi-ri's parents (below) while my sister-in-law is on holiday. They're staying until the 18th.

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 DSCNB6928-r350

I've since fixed the bent bars on the right and the broken one, by the way. With 3 cats running around, I don't want gaps between the bars big enough for them to escape... Even though the cats are kept out of that room, they can be quite fast on their feet!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 pm

I love Xi-ri's wonderful little setup, Teresa. Great job He is just too adorable in there.
He kind of reminds me of a little prince sitting on Dad's throne. Happy
His parents are beautiful. I love it/them
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Congrats on being able to keep him! He does look very cozy on his little throne.
Back to top Go down
priya
Special Pigeon Angel
priya

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:32 am

Oh Teresa i just read the whole thread and what a heart melter Baby canary close to death - Page 3 983488 You are an angel Teresa!!! Pigeon angel and that little baby is sooo adorable! I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

I felt terrible to see the first pic but what an improvement! Bless his little heart Smile It wouldn't have been possible without your love and care. You cannot imagine i felt so happy reading this, kudos to you angel Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 cheers and yes i am very happy for you that you get to keep Xi Ri Happy Dance

I am sure we all will get to hear wonderful updates about Xi Ri's growing up Universal hug
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:32 am

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 7471 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 46723 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 46723 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 46723 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 46723 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 359893 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 359893 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 359893 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 573503 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 573503 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 573503
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Thank you for your kind words, but the credit goes to the little fella -- he's a real fighter!

I hope he comes through this allright. I worry when he's not eating enough, which has been the last 2 mornings. By lunchtime he's eating very well, and continues until night, but in the morning he eats very small amounts at a time, and I just have to give him another little bit when his crop empties -- between half an hour and 3/4 of an hour later. Question Any idea why? It can't be the temperature, that's pretty constant. Could it be related to the amount of daylight? That room gets a lot more light in the afternoon. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Gosh Teresa...I have no idea about why he eats less in the morning feeding.

He sure has made a dramatic change form when you first brought him home.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Appreciate the update, Teresa. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 142829
That is interesting about his eating habits. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 106767
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Xi-ri is coming on strong, and calling for me as soon as he hears the door open! As soon as I do what I hope is a canary imitation, he starts peeping madly! Tickled Pink But for all I know, he could be saying, 'Did you just call my mother a lizard?' That's too funny
He's eating about 0.75 ml per feed in the morning, and being fed about every 45 mins. But in the evening he can put away a full 2 ml!
The toes on both feet are uncurling! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:17 am

Its great to read that Xi-ri is doing so very well Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281

I was a bit worried about his toes Hmmm but now they seem to be cooperating & straightening out.
Soon the lil' guy will be flying all over the room. Great job That's too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Teresa wrote:
Xi-ri is coming on strong, and calling for me as soon as he hears the door open! As soon as I do what I hope is a canary imitation, he starts peeping madly! Tickled Pink
But for all I know, he could be saying, 'Did you just call my mother a lizard?' That's too funny

He's eating about 0.75 ml per feed in the morning, and being fed about every 45 mins. But in the evening he can put away a full 2 ml!
The toes on both feet are uncurling! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 321758 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 321758

I'm so glad to hear Xi-ri is doing so well, Teresa. Really glad to hear the good news about the toes uncurling.

You are doing an awesome job with him. Way To Go
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:25 pm

He's eating more evenly now, having more per feed in the morning. Great job
Today I got him a new nest. I'll post new pics soon! Happy
Back to top Go down
technocactus

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 116281 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 376654 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 376654 Baby canary close to death - Page 3 376654
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Teresa wrote:

He's eating more evenly now, having more per feed in the morning. Great job

Today I got him a new nest. I'll post new pics soon! Happy

It seems like minute my minute Xi-ri is improving. Right on

Woo hoo More pictures. YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm

He must be changing a lot with each day...cute little guy. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 983488
Back to top Go down
Jackie\'s Mom
Special Pigeon Angel
Jackie\'s Mom

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Wonderful to hear that Xi-Ri is coming along so well Thrilled Happy Dance

Can't wait to see new pictures.

Louise
Baby canary close to death - Page 3 789920
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Very worried about Xi-ri Not feeling well

He's been eating well and everything, but the progress with his toes seems to come and go. And when I fed him an hour ago his nest was all wet and smelt like Salmonella.
I googled 'canaries salmonella' to see if there were reported cases and got really scared when I found an article on Salmonella osteomyelitis in canaries, which is diagnosed by bone/articulation deformations with or without intestinal infection. I don't know what to think. Very sad I've alredy got more on my plate than I can handle tomorrow, but I'll have to find a way to take him back to the vet's, only I don't know if they'll be able to do the tests.

Please send healing thoughts his way. Pigeon angel

Baby canary close to death - Page 3 DSCNB6954-r500

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:39 pm

I am so sorry to hear Xi-ri seems to be having some problems, Teresa. Very sad

Chuck and I will definitely be sending healing thoughts, positive thoughts and best wishes your way. Baby canary close to death - Page 3 193770
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby canary close to death   Baby canary close to death - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby canary close to death
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next