Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DanceBiscuit

DanceBiscuit

Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Empty
PostSubject: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm taking a quick break from decluttering/cleaning/rearranging my room to ask if any of you out there have pigeons and keep them in an appartment with you? I'm sharing with a few other people, so my pets need to stay in my room. I'm hoping I'll have enough room at one end to fence off and make into a large cage for them, but for now, the rescues, save one, and Viktor just freefly(making my room more easily cleaned is another motivation for being productive tonight).

Anyone willing to share ideas/pictures of your setup/s?

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:15 pm

HI,
I'm really terrible at posting links BUT if you go to the thread ' pictures of your loft' in the Pigeons & Doves section of this forum Tech has some photos of the enclosure she built in her apt.

hope this helps. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766 That's too funny Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome ...Robin
Back to top Go down
DanceBiscuit

DanceBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Ah yes, sorry, I was greedy and was hoping to get more examples Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 106767

I like the dog crate idea, and will try to find a few through second hand sites/stores...

Please feel free to delete this thread, its quite useless to others Great job
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Do you have Craig's List there? If so, check it out.
Back to top Go down
DanceBiscuit

DanceBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Yep, craigslist, kijiji, and swapsity :)
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 am

Not sure if this is any help DanceBiscuit but here is a photo of our dove Raven's enclosure.
I made it out of an old dresser that was falling apart. She has lived in this for the last 2 yrs. and seems very happy, the door can be left open so she can go & come at will.

The front is wire with duct tape around the door, didn't have anything else to use, so Raven would'nt get scratched. I have to put drawer pulls on the front too.

Hope this helps you get ideas. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766

Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Raven_11
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 am

That's great Robin. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 142829
Raven is adorable. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 983488

Great idea with the duct tape. High 5
I have been scratched pretty good from the edge of the opening of our large cage. And it hurts like the devil. Seeing red/mad

For the time being, the duct tape might be the route for me to take as well. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
DanceBiscuit

DanceBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 am

That's so clever, Robin!cheers thank you!
I'll have to keep an eye out for a dresser :) you could possibly turn a big one into two separate cages, eh?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 am

Fancyfeathers wrote:

I have been scratched pretty good from the edge of the opening of our large cage. And it hurts like the devil. Seeing red/mad

For the time being, the duct tape might be the route for me to take as well. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766

Thanks Cindy Happy

What would we do without duct tape??? Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766 Laughing Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 106767

Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 am

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
Fancyfeathers wrote:

Thanks Cindy Happy

What would we do without duct tape??? Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766 Laughing Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 106767

I ask myself that question lot! Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 46723 l
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:21 am

DanceBiscuit wrote:
That's so clever, Robin!cheers thank you!
I'll have to keep an eye out for a dresser :) you could possibly turn a big one into two separate cages, eh?

Thanks Happy I just hate throwing old stuff away if it can be used for something else. Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? 395766

I don't see why a partition couldn't be put in the middle to seperate it. You would just have to make sure the pigeons would get plenty of out time to stretch their wings Happy Happy
Back to top Go down
DanceBiscuit

DanceBiscuit

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 am

I meant in a second drawer above or under that first cage. I wouldn't want to cramp them up.
Back to top Go down
Pawbla

Pawbla

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Actually, I don't think this thread is useless. Quite the contrary, I'm searching for cheap cage ideas for an apartment, too.
Back to top Go down
http://pajaroscaidos.freehostia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?   Pet Pigeons In  An Appartment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Pigeons In An Appartment?
Page 1 of 1