Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

I don't know what's wrong with her.

Go down 
+2
Matilda
Luna Wolf
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Yeah.
I don't know how old the baby is, she has most of her feathers, but is really tiny.
I brought the baby in and fed her. She's sleeping now.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:55 pm

If she has her feathers, you can start to feed her defrosted corn and peas and soon she will gobble them out of your hands and then you can get her on a seed mix.
You will need to feed between 30-50 each feeding and every time her crop empties.
Does she have smelly poops?
I'm so glad you realized her was there, before it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:40 pm

So sorry you lost one of your fantails, Luna! Disappointed I hope mother and baby get well soon. Lucky for them you spotted them both.
Best wishes! Group hug
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am

Luna...how are they doing today...baby and mom ?
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:58 am

Mom's pretty much the same. Baby's doing a little better. Her crop is empty, I'm just heating up some stuff for her.
Her poops aren't any smellier than average.
EDIT: Alright, how do you feed them the peas and corn? I tried for 10 minutes and couldn't get a single one into her.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

How are they today?
I hope the medicine will arrive today.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 am

The mom seems to have a little more strength today. She really struggled when I fed her today. The baby's doing very well.
I just checked the tracking number on the medicine. It says it was missent and that they're trying to find it. Oh no If it doesn't get back on track soon I'll order from that other link you posted.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Luna Wolf wrote:
The mom seems to have a little more strength today. She really struggled when I fed her today. The baby's doing very well.
I just checked the tracking number on the medicine. It says it was missent and that they're trying to find it. Oh no If it doesn't get back on track soon I'll order from that other link you posted.

I had the same problem with that site this month. Cal them and they will probably over night it to you. Tell them you have a sick bird that needs it.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:37 pm

They say I should have it by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

I've got the medicine. Is the dosage the same for the baby?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Luna...1 drop for the baby, once a day...2 drops for the mom.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

How are they doing today, Luna?
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm

They're good. I think the baby's going to try flying soon. The mom's been putting up a lot more of a fuss when I feed her. Still no interest in seeds though.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I think that 2-3 days on the antibiotic will make a big difference in how the mom feels about eating on her own.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 am

The squab is sick. She's gasping and can't stand up, and she feels cold. I don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:01 am

The little one need some supplemental heat.
Do you have a heating pad (set on low) you could cover with a towel and place it under the baby? If not place him under a low wattage lamp.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 am

I'm heating her with some warm rice socks. She keeps jerking around.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 am

I looked at her crop and it looked like there was an air bubble in it. I poked it and some air came out of her mouth and see seems better now. She's hungry. Should I feed her or wait?
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 am

She must be thoroughly warmed before you feed her. That means, from the inside out. If she isn't warm first you may kill her if you feed her while she is cold.
Heating a rice sock is good but it can't provide consistant heat because it cools down and then the bird is cold again. You really do need to borrow or buy a heating pad, as it is very dangerous not to keep her warm.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

Right. I'll get one today. I'll stick her in my shirt to keep warm until I get one.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:51 am

It's important to get one that doesn't have an automatic shut off. I did see some at Target but I would call around to save the trip if there isn't one available. Once you find one...set it on the low setting. The heating pad should be half under whatevery you are keeping her in so that if she should get too warm,she can get away from the heat.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 am

I got her a heating pad yesterday. I set it to medium because low wasn't warm at all. She's doing it again though. She was sleeping on the opposite of the heating pad this morning. She's gasping worse than she was yesterday and she's twisting her neck around now. Also, her toenails are turning colors. One of then is black, one is dark purple and one is dark red. Her toes are darker than normal too.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 am

Please turn the heating pad to low, even though it doesn't feel warm enough to you. She may be too hot.

Also, put a towel on top of the hearting pad.
Back to top Go down
Luna Wolf
Special Pigeon Angel
Luna Wolf

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 am

I have a towel on it. She's not too hot, her body is colder than room temperature.
I've got her warmed up, but she's still twisting her neck back. I'm pretty sure she's having seizures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what's wrong with her.   I don't know what's wrong with her. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't know what's wrong with her.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next