Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

A Pigeon Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

A Pigeon Story Empty
PostSubject: A Pigeon Story   A Pigeon Story Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Bizarre Pigeon Story
by Leila M.

This event happened during the winter of 1997 or 1998 when I was a student at a local college. It's such a minor event, but one that has played upon my mind over the years and one that has always struck me as odd!

I was coming home from school one afternoon during the winter. It was about 5 p.m., and anyone who has lived in eastern Canada knows how cold the winters are there. As I got off the bus and started to walk down the street toward my house, I noticed a small, grey form huddled on the ground right next to an exterior wall of an apartment building that I had to walk by. As I got closer, I saw that it was a pigeon, and it did not look healthy at all. I stood there and wondered what to do as the bird looked so unwell. I could not tell if its wings had broken or if it was sick. I did not have any transportation of my own to get to the SPCA (which was far away from where I lived), nor did I fancy handling or bringing a sick bird home. Even if I had brought it home, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with it! So I decided to leave it where it was and went home feeing guilty. The thought of the bird lying outside in the cold Canadian winter bothered me all night.

The next morning, I left my house to go to school and went to the bus stop. The bus stop to go to my school was right across the road from where I got off the previous day and literally right across from where this sick pigeon was still lying huddled up. I sat at the bus stop panicking about what I should do about the bird when two women came around the corner. They looked to be in their mid- to late-20s or early 30s and were chatting happily to each other. The odd thing about the pair is that they were dressed in summer clothes! Now winters in Montreal regularly dip to below freezing, and these two were wearing SHORTS, sneakers, and light summer-weight tops while I was bundled up and still shivering in my winter coat and boots! I remember being intrigued as to why they would be dressed that way in the middle of winter. (They didn't even look cold!)

All of a sudden, without breaking their stride, one of the ladies scooped up the bird and kept on walking to wherever they were going. I was relieved that someone had saved the bird and tried to see where they were going, but then as luck would have it, my bus pulled up blocking me from seeing where they were going. When I got on the bus, I tried to see where they went, but they were nowhere to be seen.

The whole situation was just too bizarre, and the only thing I can think of is that God sent down two angels to take care of this poor bird and to put my mind at rest with not being able to help this animal myself.

Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

A Pigeon Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pigeon Story   A Pigeon Story Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 pm

That is bizarre... angels walking around in summer clothes! I always thought they prefered to blend in with others! Laughing

Where did you come across this story Charis? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com

A Pigeon Story
Page 1 of 1