Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels


 
RegisterSearchHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

 

 lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:12 pm

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 100_2910
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 pm

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 100_2911
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 38
Location : Kent, UK

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

I can't quite make out what bird that is but I'm guessing a bird of prey?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Yes, Rev...it's a Cooper's Hawk. I wish the zoom on my camera was better.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 38
Location : Kent, UK

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Matilda wrote:
Yes, Rev...it's a Cooper's Hawk. I wish the zoom on my camera was better.
Thanks, Charis. Just Googled the hawk and am impressed. Very striking! But obvioulsy, you don't want him to be a regular visitor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: This picture is better   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 pm

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 100_2913

No Rev...I don't but unfortunately...he is a regular visitor.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:51 pm


Beautiful photo Charis BUT Cooper's are one of my least favorite hawks! If I was you I'd go chase him away!!!!! Major Rant
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 pm

I've done my best, Robin...ever since October when he first showed up. He pays me no mind and all the pigeons are gone.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.AviatorRodent
Special Pigeon Angel
Mrs.AviatorRodent

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 38
Location : Kent, UK

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Matilda wrote:
I've done my best, Robin...ever since October when he first showed up. He pays me no mind and all the pigeons are gone.
Very sad Oh no, no more pigeons. Very sad You'd think he'd move on but he's obviously still finding food in your area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonsaspets.co.uk
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Matilda wrote:
I've done my best, Robin...ever since October when he first showed up. He pays me no mind and all the pigeons are gone.
Very sad Oh no, no more pigeons. Very sad You'd think he'd move on but he's obviously still finding food in your area.

He won't move on because he knows that she has pigeons and chickens. We always had an occasional coopers here, but since we built the loft a few years ago, after a lot of the songbirds leave for the winter, they are here all the time. I have fed a feral flock for probably 22 years, and not until we built the loft, did the feral flock all but disappear during the winter months, as the hawks are so bad around here. So I keep their feeder stocked, just in case they get desperate and need food, but I have come home to 4 strikes in the last maybe 6 weeks. I came home to one today. Very upsetting.

Charis---those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

NiteOwl wrote:
Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Matilda wrote:
I've done my best, Robin...ever since October when he first showed up. He pays me no mind and all the pigeons are gone.
Very sad Oh no, no more pigeons. Very sad You'd think he'd move on but he's obviously still finding food in your area.

He won't move on because he knows that she has pigeons and chickens. We always had an occasional coopers here, but since we built the loft a few years ago, after a lot of the songbirds leave for the winter, they are here all the time. I have fed a feral flock for probably 22 years, and not until we built the loft, did the feral flock all but disappear during the winter months, as the hawks are so bad around here. So I keep their feeder stocked, just in case they get desperate and need food, but I have come home to 4 strikes in the last maybe 6 weeks. I came home to one today. Very upsetting.

Charis---those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.


In the summer we have at least 3 pairs of Redtails that soar over the fields, thankfully they have never had an interest in our pigeons or chickens Happy , but at least twice during the winter when the snow is deep I'll spy a Cooper's sitting in one of the trees watching the pij flights. Seeing red/mad Luckly the pigeons seem to have learned about the hawk & the all dash into the loft. lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 395766

Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 pm

EgypSwiftLady wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Mrs.AviatorRodent wrote:
Matilda wrote:
I've done my best, Robin...ever since October when he first showed up. He pays me no mind and all the pigeons are gone.
Very sad Oh no, no more pigeons. Very sad You'd think he'd move on but he's obviously still finding food in your area.

He won't move on because he knows that she has pigeons and chickens. We always had an occasional coopers here, but since we built the loft a few years ago, after a lot of the songbirds leave for the winter, they are here all the time. I have fed a feral flock for probably 22 years, and not until we built the loft, did the feral flock all but disappear during the winter months, as the hawks are so bad around here. So I keep their feeder stocked, just in case they get desperate and need food, but I have come home to 4 strikes in the last maybe 6 weeks. I came home to one today. Very upsetting.

Charis---those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.


In the summer we have at least 3 pairs of Redtails that soar over the fields, thankfully they have never had an interest in our pigeons or chickens Happy , but at least twice during the winter when the snow is deep I'll spy a Cooper's sitting in one of the trees watching the pij flights. Seeing red/mad Luckly the pigeons seem to have learned about the hawk & the all dash into the loft. lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 395766



I think lots of birds seem to know instinctually. I step into my loft one mornning, and my birds were just frozen motionless on their perches. I was cleaning when all of a sudden, I heard a loud bang on the window screen. I went outside to see a hawk perched right over the loft. He had been banging on the screen and trying to get in. On occasion I go in and they are like that. I know a hawk has been around.
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 pm


Yep they sure do know lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 395766 In the summer I'll be working around the flights & all the pigeons are frozen with one eye looking up, like you said! I know theres a hawk over head even if I can't see it! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Posts : 9198
Join date : 2009-01-11
Location : Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Kind of like the chickens are all hiding right now under the bushes?
Back to top Go down
EgypSwiftLady
Special Pigeon Angel
EgypSwiftLady

Posts : 1526
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Wisconsin

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Matilda wrote:
Kind of like the chickens are all hiding right now under the bushes?



Laughing Laughing Laughing lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! 395766
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironwolffarmsanctuary.com
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

Posts : 2194
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Southern New England

lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Matilda wrote:
Kind of like the chickens are all hiding right now under the bushes?

Yes! Kinda like that! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!   lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
lOOK WHO DROPPED BY FOR A BATH!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeon Predators and Other Harmful Encounters :: Discussion of Pigeon Predators and Harmful Encounters-
Jump to: