Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

It's string injury season again

Go down 
+4
EgypSwiftLady
AZWhitefeather
Matilda
Teresa
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

It's string injury season again - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:05 pm

More good news! Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate
Houdini is standing really well now, the massive callous on the back toe of his left foot has finally come off safely, and he's feeling so good he was dancing for the lady ferals this afternoon! Happy Happy Dance

I'll post pictures in a minute!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Teresa wrote:
More good news! Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate
Houdini is standing really well now, the massive callous on the back toe of his left foot has finally come off safely, and he's feeling so good he was dancing for the lady ferals this afternoon! Happy Happy Dance

I'll post pictures in a minute!

Woo hoo
That's great news, Teresa. YESS!!

You go, Houdini. Happy Dance

Will be looking forward to the pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm

I decided to tape one of his toes 2 days ago. It had been curling under all the time since the visit to the vet's and the nail was likely to damage his pad. Let's hope this works. Don't his feet look much better?

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8411-r450

I don't know if it's clear enough, but the back toe on his left foot no longer looks twice the width it ought to be. But the callous on the middle toe of that foot is still not safe to remove.

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8414-cr450

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8415-r600

And look, he's got an admirer... Laughing

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8449-cr450

Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Houdini's feet are looking great, Teresa. It's string injury season again - Page 3 116281
And he does look more comfortable with his standing, bless his heart.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks, Cindy! Thank You

Meanwhile, at feeding time...

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8429-cr600

Any guesses? Happy The pigeon in the middle is Speedy, and the one on the right is Geraldo! Feeling great

And although Speedy still curls some toes quite a bit, she's managing so well that she can even perch on the washing line! Great job (That's her in the middle of the picture.)

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8424-cr550
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 pm

It's wonderful to see Speedy and Geraldo doing so well, Teresa. Thrilled
And that little smarty feathers, Speedy, perching like the best of them. Hip Hip Hooray

I love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Thank you, Cindy! Happy

It's such a joy to see them visit and get better and more confident all the time! Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Teresa wrote:
Thank you, Cindy! Happy

It's such a joy to see them visit and get better and more confident all the time! Happy Dance

Yes indeedy!! Celebrate cheers
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Houdini went back to the vet's for his check-up today.
There's no more swelling, no infection, and no difficulty standing or walking. Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate
When we got back home, I removed the tape from his toe, and it stayed perfectly straight! Thrilled (I didn't do it before going to the vet's because the trip always involves a bit of jolting, no matter how much you try to avoid it.)
He's feistier than ever... Now, when I approach his cage he starts wiggling his wing, threatening to wingslap! That's too funny I'd say this customer will be ready to be released soon! Dove right
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:40 am

Woo hoo
Love this update!! YESS!!
I'm thrilled that Houdini is doing so well and will soon be ready for release. pigeon 1
Sending a big hug your way. Universal hug
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:09 am

I'm glad that Houdini is doing so well, and the pictures are great. I like the one with the bird visiting at the cage.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Houdini is free! Celebrate Celebrate

His feet were fine, there's just a little scab on the top of a toe, but it will fall off when it's good and ready...

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8456-r550

... and he was so longing to be free again...

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8453-r550

... that I left the door open, so he can come and go as he pleases. And he does... Happy Great job cheers

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8493-r550
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Woo hoo Woo hoo Woo hoo

Way To Go Houdini!!
pigeon 1 "Fly safe, my fine feathered friend." pigeon 1
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Teresa - I haven't been here for a while. But now I have read the good news. Fabulous!!!! It's string injury season again - Page 3 983488 It's string injury season again - Page 3 983488 It's string injury season again - Page 3 983488 It's string injury season again - Page 3 983488 It's string injury season again - Page 3 983488 This is such good news. Houdini's feet really looked awful and now he can walk again. I am soooo happy for your feathered angels I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them I love it/them

And I send you lots of Universal hug Universal hug Universal hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Thank you, Cindy and Petra!

He's just so happy to be free... I had to laugh when, shortly after I took that last photo, another pigeon came up to steal his seeds and Houdini greeted him with a swift wing-slap... It's string injury season again - Page 3 46723 He sure can look after himself!
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:21 am

Teresa wrote:
Thank you, Cindy and Petra!

He's just so happy to be free... I had to laugh when, shortly after I took that last photo, another pigeon came up to steal his seeds and Houdini greeted him with a swift wing-slap... It's string injury season again - Page 3 46723 He sure can look after himself!

YESS!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Things have been very quiet on the string injury front... thank goodness!

Just one patient, 3 days ago, with thread that was still quite loose and hadn't done any mischief yet! Tickled Pink

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8970-cr350

In a couple of minutes, he was good to go and no harm done. YESS!!

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8971-r500

Do you know what's the most interesting part? I spotted and caught him because he landed on the windowsill beside Geraldo, who, after a couple of weeks' absence, had come round and was eating from my hand!!! Next I'll be expecting my string injury releases to actually book appointments for others! Happy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Teresa wrote:
Things have been very quiet on the string injury front... thank goodness!

Just one patient, 3 days ago, with thread that was still quite loose and hadn't done any mischief yet! Tickled Pink

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8970-cr350

In a couple of minutes, he was good to go and no harm done. YESS!!

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB8971-r500

Do you know what's the most interesting part? I spotted and caught him because he landed on the windowsill beside Geraldo, who, after a couple of weeks' absence, had come round and was eating from my hand!!!

Next I'll be expecting my string injury releases to actually book appointments for others!
Happy

If there are any 'good' string injuries cases, it would be like this one.
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to get him when you did before some serious damage occurred. YESS!!

That's funny. It's string injury season again - Page 3 46723

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Oh, Nightflier, honestly!!!   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Who's been a silly bird and got all entangled in nasties?... And then led me a merry dance for two days before I could catch you and take the thread off your foot...

He's my favourite insomniac... Happy

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB4419-r550-N

... but this time he really put his foot in it!

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB9239-r400

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB9243-cr400

Thankfully, the damage was very recent and the skin wasn't broken, so after a short while...

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB9245-cr500

... he was free of it and was promptly released. His mate will be pleased to see him back so quickly because they have babies in the nest! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Way To Go Teresa.
It looks like there was even a little twig entangled in that mess. Serious EEK!!

Nightflier has your address memorized, thank goodness. YESS!!
He's such a handsome fella. Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Laughing
Yes, there was a twig in with it, and it was very knotty! He must be feeling SO much more comfortable now! Tickled Pink
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:31 am

Teresa wrote:
Laughing
Yes, there was a twig in with it, and it was very knotty!
He must be feeling SO much more comfortable now! Tickled Pink

I agree
The pressure that builds up must be incredible painful. Very sad
Back to top Go down
pigeonwriter
Special Pigeon Angel
pigeonwriter

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 am

Teresa wrote:
Laughing
Yes, there was a twig in with it, and it was very knotty! He must be feeling SO much more comfortable now! Tickled Pink

Oh my Teresa - this reminds me of one pijjie that had managed to put a peg on her foot. That's why we called her Peggy. You cannot imagine how silly that looked!!! Oh no and each step she made was accompanied by a click click click.

Thank heaven I could catch her and free her....she went off like a rocket afterwards...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyala-arts.com
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Awww, poor Peggy! It's amazing the rubbish that can get attached to the strings sometimes...
Daiquiri, a blue bar, got that name because, among other things, she had a long piece of plastic that looked like drinking straw attached to her foot by the string! nutter

It's string injury season again - Page 3 DSCNB6583-cr500
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Good heavens!! Serious EEK!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's string injury season again   It's string injury season again - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's string injury season again
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next