Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Free Pigeon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alicek

Free Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Free Pigeon   Free Pigeon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 am

We are visiting Capitola CA. A pet rock dove on the ground climbed up on us a few days ago. When we asked around the neighborhood I was told a woman had been seen releasig the bird from a cage and heard to say she hoped it would be alright.

The local rescue organization is very supportive but "full up". They visited and told me this is a healthy female pet rock dove with good feathers and no injuries. After a couple of days with pigeon mix, water and shelter she can fly a little again. She is hand tame and social to people. We found a cage on craigslist that can go with her.

We have to leave soon and cannot take her with us. Our only option will be the local animal shelter. This sounds bad but seems a better option than being unable to fend for herself outside.

Please contact me if you can give her a home.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

Free Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Pigeon   Free Pigeon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 am

Please give Terry Whatley a call. She is in the LA area. Her cell number is ...949-584-6696.

If she is unable to help you, you can call me and I'll see what else I can do to help. My cell number is...503-957-8505.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Free Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Pigeon   Free Pigeon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Thank you so much for the contacts, Charis!

Alicek, thank you so much for looking after this bird and doing your very best to make sure she's alright. It does sound like she's too tame to be out there on her own, and may have been brought up as a pet.

Which rescue organisation did you contact, was it Mickacoo? This is the link to their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/160198601451/
I'll leave them a message as well.

Thanks again, and good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

Free Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Pigeon   Free Pigeon Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Ah, it was Mickacoo that you dealt with! Elizabeth just replied to my message, " This bird is on our waiting list and we have done a welfare check and are assisting the family in their care for the bird and their search for an adopter."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Pigeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Pigeon   Free Pigeon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Pigeon
Page 1 of 1