Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Baby pigeon confusion!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

Baby pigeon confusion! Empty
PostSubject: Baby pigeon confusion!   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

So, my 2 adopted pigeons had an UH Oh baby and at about 5 days they stopped sitting on him so I placed him under my pigeon who was sitting on unfertill eggs so he could stay warm. I removed the eggs and she took right to the baby as if he was her own. The problem? My little lady, Lexxi, thinks I'm her mate. I put my hand over the baby so she can leave to get food and water, but do I have to hand feed it sometimes as cock would do? And how confused is this poor little baby going to be after being raised by a human AND a pigeon? I named him Mr. Chewwy Waffle and i would just like some advice on what I should do to help my girl out. THANKS and I'll postpictures or a video soon!
-Anna
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Picture day 6   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm

[img]Baby pigeon confusion! Img_2610[/img]
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby pigeon confusion!   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 pm

He's so lovely!!! I love it/them

You know, if he turns out to be a boy, there's a good chance he will eventually become Lexxi's mate, and that gets you off the hook! Laughing
I've never raised one from day one, but if you're taking on the 'father' role, I think some supplemental feeding will be called for -- but I'll ask around! Be careful with Kaytee Exact, though, I've just heard that there's a recall for a bad batch going on right now:

http://www.kaytee.com/pet-birds/kaytee-exact-hand-feeding-update.htm
Back to top Go down
zomg fishies

zomg fishies

PostSubject: Re: Baby pigeon confusion!   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:56 am

The kaytee I have is brand new unoppened from about 6-9 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Administrative Member
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Baby pigeon confusion!   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:46 pm

That should be fine! Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby pigeon confusion!   Baby pigeon confusion! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby pigeon confusion!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pigeon Angels :: Pigeons and Their Friends :: Baby Pigeons and Doves-
Jump to: