Pigeon Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pigeon Angels

RegisterSearchLatest imagesHomeLog in
At this time Pigeon Angels forum is in an archive status. For assistance please log into Pigeon Angels Facebook by clicking the following link. Thank You https://www.facebook.com/groups/176239232007/?hc_location=stream

Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!

Go down 
+4
AZWhitefeather
jamy
Matilda
Cynthia
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cynthia

Cynthia

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:55 am

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! 2121439390044786621S425x425Q85

That is what the owner of this pretty one said when he was contacted this morning.

He is a dear tame little thing! He squeaks, but his band is a yellow NPA 05 one, so I am not sure whether he is young or old.

Any ideas about his breed?

Cynthia

Last edited by Cynthia on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeon-aid.pigeon.net/
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 am

Looks like a Roller. I'll get my book out in a bit because I need to figure out what my new arrivial might be.
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Just spotted the picture. What a pretty bird.
It looks similar to my Poly who I was told was a Roller, but I'm no expert.

Just looked again and noticed, does she have feathered feet? Poly doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:41 pm

This bird could be a Roller cross. I'm just now looking in the Encyclopedia of Pigeon Breeds. This may take a while...there must be 300 million gazillion, different breeds of Pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Cynthia...I think this little Pigeon is a cross between a Roller and Tumbler.
Is she on the small side?
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Your rescue is beautiful, Cynthia.
How sad that the owner would even think of doing such a horrific thing. Evil, wrong doing :For Shame:

It truly makes my blood boil. Major Rant

Matilda wrote:
This bird could be a Roller cross. I'm just now looking in the Encyclopedia of Pigeon Breeds.

This may take a while...there must be 300 million gazillion, different breeds of Pigeons.
Looking through all those breeds will be enought to make you dizzy. Happy Dance LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigeonangels.com
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Quote :
Cynthia...I think this little Pigeon is a cross between a Roller and Tumbler.
Is she on the small side?

Not particularly. We could ring up the owner, but John says let's leave him out of this and I agree. He must be a horrible man.

I very much doubt that adult pigeons of any breed squeak, which means that he put an 05 band on an 09 bird...weird! Poor baby, I thought he was eating but he was picking up seeds and then dropping them, his poops when they appeared were starvation poops.

John thinks he was rejected because of his black marks.

I hate "hobbies" that involve using living animals and treating them as disposable objects.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Well...I don't think it's the Pigeon who should have the neck wrung! Evil, wrong doing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jenaka
Special Pigeon Angel
Jenaka

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 pm

I can't even tell you what I think of the owner. Seeing red/mad Actually I'm sure I don't have to. He should be barred from having any animals. Seeing red/mad
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PigeonFriend
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 am

Quote :
He should be barred from having any animals.

I agree, but in a country where the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals advocates boxing squirrels into a chimney to die because they are classified as vermin, what can we expect?

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:35 am

Cynthia wrote:
Quote :
He should be barred from having any animals.

I agree, but in a country where the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals advocates boxing squirrels into a chimney to die because they are classified as vermin, what can we expect?

Cynthia
:WHAT?: Very sad Seeing red/mad
People who think this way need to seek some serious :Need some help .

Cindy
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Special Pigeon Angel
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 am

What a beautiful little bird. Sweet face. I like the black markings. Makes him/her even prettier. What's wrong with people?
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Little furry-footed bird has now had a 190 mile free ride - much travelled for a squeaker Smile

He is a sweet baby, and he certainly squeaks when I pick him up. Soon as I got him home, and had a big cage ready for him, I took him out of the carrier and held him while he looked around curiously. He does eat by himself and his poops are getting better - Cynthia said he had starvation poops at first. He is pretty light, just 288 grams at present, so he needs to get plenty of healthy food down him. If necessary, he'll get peas and corn to help him along, but I hope he will gain some weight through just eating of his own accord.

He instinctively jumps onto a brick, and in the big cage he jumped up onto one of the shelves after dabbling in the 'special' pigeon mix.

At the moment, we've settled on 'Bootsie' for a name, in honor of his feathery boots :)

I'll be at home tomorrow, working, so will be able to help him settle in, and test his wings - he did some good wing-flapping in the cage, as he has loads of space there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pidgie/index.htm
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 am

IT is such a relief that John is able to take pigeons home for their quarantine as I have found the slightest exposure affects my lungs now.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:02 am

Sure appreciate the update on 'Bootsie', John. :)
Great name, BTW. I love it/them

Let us know how things are coming along.

Cindy
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 am

Cynthia wrote:

IT is such a relief that John is able to take pigeons home for their quarantine as

I have found the slightest exposure affects my lungs now.

Cynthia
That is great. Great job

I am so sorry, Cynthia. Disappointed

Cindy
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am

I think he has decided that it's good to preen noses - guess he thinks it's my beak. He is well able to fly up on top the cages

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Bootsie2

Last edited by Capuccino on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:44 pm

What an adorable bird! Feeling great
Back to top Go down
Cynthia

Cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 pm

He is a dear little thing. How could anyone with an punce of humanity in him even think of harming such a sweet baby.

Cynthia
Back to top Go down
jamy
Special Pigeon Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:58 pm

He is absolutely gorgeous. I love it/them Hope he starts to pile on the ounces soon.
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 pm

So far, he has gradually been putting on a little weight. I'm not going to bother him with hand feeding, as he is perfectly capable of tucking in by himself, and seems to like the conditioning mix (lots of little seeds, and with an aniseed aroma).

Nothing wrong with his flight, as I found when he launched himself across the room to land on my shoulder a couple of times as I was about to leave.

I took a little nap after I'd finished working (I was working from home today), and when I woke up there was Bootsie snuggled down on the bed close by.

Whether he will grow out of it I don't know, but at present he just seems to be a 'people pigeon'. Maybe some of these fancy breeds are naturally friendly?

Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Bootsi11
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

How cute. I think he could be a wonderful, permanent companion for you.
Back to top Go down
Capuccino

Capuccino

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, I do like having a pigeon (or more than one) here, but I don't have the space for a permanent house pigeon - and he (or she) really deserves to have the opportunity to live a 'proper pigeon' life, or near as possible, with our gang :)

Actually, pets of any kind are allowed only with permission - and I can imagine the response I'd get from a request for permission to keep a pigeon in this place :eek:
Back to top Go down
Matilda
Special Pigeon Angel
Matilda

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:47 pm

You're right...the suggestion of a house Pigeon could go over like a ton of bricks. Shock
It's a shame.
Back to top Go down
AZWhitefeather
Owner/Administrator
AZWhitefeather

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I love your update on Bootsie, John. I love it/them
It seems as though he's doing great. Right on
He does appear to be people oriented. But I'm sure he will do just fine with the 'gang'. Circle of Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!   Pigeon Rescue:  If you bring it back I'll wring its neck! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Rescue: If you bring it back I'll wring its neck!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next